Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    With 8.0 they'll probably remove PvP from the game.
    Most believable post in this thread so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm not going to take the time to scour google for it, but Blizzard themselves (in a Blizzcon panel or twitter) confirmed that it wasn't well received. I'm not pulling the information out of my ass like you are. They admitted that it didn't work out the way they hoped. The 3D battling there just wasn't good if you were a melee.

If you enjoyed it, you were probably a ranged.
    this is right. was exactly you said.

i just dont agree to your last part. i was melee and i liked vashjr.

but, as you said, i doubt there will be anything like that again, because blizz had bad xp with it. on the other side: blizzard reguarly forget everything they learned already in the past. look at class design i.e. - so maybe they also forget that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    A long time ago, someone claimed to have seen all of the future expansions scribbled down on a napkin from someone at Blizzard. That list was as follows:

Draenor Set
    Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

- Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

- Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

- Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    That's kind of beautiful that this list still make it through speculation threads in 2017.

I'm not going to take the time to scour google for it, but Blizzard themselves (in a Blizzcon panel or twitter) confirmed that it wasn't well received. I'm not pulling the information out of my ass like you are. They admitted that it didn't work out the way they hoped. The 3D battling there just wasn't good if you were a melee.

If you enjoyed it, you were probably a ranged.
    Actually I was a fury warrior main at the time, I would imagine a major difference is that I was full heroic icc geared when cata launched and most of those melee complaining about Vashj'ir were not, so I had no issue getting around and everything died in seconds.

Although, sure I recall reading a lot of the criticism and vaguely recall some statement by Blizzard similar to this, but certainly not them conceding that the zone was universally loathed, only that things didn't quite work mechanically as they had intended.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-15 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Actually I was a fury warrior main at the time, I would imagine a major difference is that I was full heroic icc geared when cata launched and most of those melee complaining about Vashj'ir were not, so I had no issue getting around and everything died in seconds.

Although, sure I recall reading a lot of the criticism and vaguely recall some statement by Blizzard similar to this, but certainly not them conceding that the zone was universally loathed, only that things didn't quite work mechanically as they had intended.
    I recall being melee at the time to, wasn't that bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

No, it was loathed, as evident by like 90% of the playerbase not even bothering to level in that zone. They preferred to just go level in Hyjal instead which was 10000X better. Resulted in Vashj being a desert (ironic) wasteland. I remember I tried it out on a character for a few quests, then noped the fuck out of there never to bring any of my alts to it.

Even for myself, being a completionist who goes back to do all the quests for the achievement, still don't have the exploration or the quest achievement for that zone.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No, it was loathed, as evident by like 90% of the playerbase not even bothering to level in that zone. They preferred to just go level in Hyjal instead which was 10000X better. Resulted in Vashj being a desert (ironic) wasteland. I remember I tried it out on a character for a few quests, then noped the fuck out of there never to bring any of my alts to it.

Even for myself, being a completionist who goes back to do all the quests for the achievement, still don't have the exploration or the quest achievement for that zone.
    You must have played on a low pop server, because Hyjal was a bajillion times worse as it was so overcrowded here on US Illidan it was constantly making the world server crash.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Reason why people chose hyjal is 1. It was way more iconic and 2. It was 10 times faster

Now show us the source of your 90% of the playerbase comment or remain quiet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Reason why people chose hyjal is 1. It was way more iconic and 2. It was 10 times faster

Indeed, took me half a day to go through Vash..

Since then I still regret that decision due to Hyjal being full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post

Actually, I'd say it was closer to 95%
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for 8.0 be absolutely unrelated to the south seas like people have predicted the last 4 / 5 times. It'll be hilarious and exciting like it was during the Legion livestream thread. I remember people were so certain it was Nagas because some of the big shots were on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I can't wait for 8.0 be absolutely unrelated to the south seas like people have predicted the last 4 / 5 times. It'll be hilarious and exciting like it was during the Legion livestream thread. I remember people were so certain it was Nagas because some of the big shots were on Draenor.
    I completely see this happening again haha! The more I think about it, the more the Kul'Tiras clue appears to be a way to throw us off track intentionally put there by Blizzard.

Hahahaha no, just the opposite. Like some really bad DK's complaining because they had "issues" dropping their death and decay. The issue being that they were dumb and not trying to put it on the sea floor where it would have worked just fine.
    Sorry but this argument is pretty flat.

I loved Vash'jir for its style but hated it for it's gameplay issues. I quested there once, with my first character I leveled in Cataclysm (Shadow Priest) and it was horrible gameplay-wise. I never leveled there again although I think it's one of the most beautiful zones in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ugh I can't play one-handed while concentrating on the tv show I'm watching, this zone is so bad!
    I see what you mean

I leveled there as a fury warrior too, my favorite zone of all time (close 2nd being Jade Forest ) and the combat wasn't bad at all.

Yeah I was quite geared with hc icc gear but I loved it so much I level'd my boomkin there who had close to no gear, it was painful and tough but I still loved it tbh.
    I can't wait for the day they do level scaling across the world, I will definitely be leveling through out that zone from beginning to end!

I'd gladly donate extra money to Blizzard to make 2 underwater zones with WQs and everything so it stays relevant, oh and add WQs to Vash'jir alongside other old zones, oh and with paragon exalted chests!

I see what you mean
    No, you don't. You can keep your arrogance though.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was there and it was epic, feeling people's hopes and dreams crashing about Naga as a new race was fabolous.

Anyway, luckily I started playing in MoP, anyway, everyone I encountered in these 5ys didn't say a single positive comment on Vashj'ir. Lul.
    Last edited by Wyrel; 2017-07-15 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    That will be a day to remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrel View Post
    I was there and it was epic, feeling people's hopes and dreams crashing about Naga as a new race was fabolous.

Anyway, luckily I started playing in MoP, anyway, everyone I encountered in these 5ys didn't say a single positive comment on Vashj'ir. Lul.
    I didn't see much comments about Vash'ir(On my server but also ancedote).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrel View Post
    anyway, everyone I encountered in these 5ys didn't say a single positive comment on Vashj'ir. Lul.
    you should have come here sooner then! I've played most of my characters through Vashj'ir, because Hijal is just boring another zone. If there is one mistake they made with Vashj'ir it was the requirement to do short line of quests to get the buff for endless breathing and swim speed, also for the mount. Those kind of restrictions, regardless of how small and insignificant, always feel like a chore.