https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U&t=

I just wanna sail my ship around the south seas and immerse myself in the crashing waves and seagulls flying past.

Really hope we get sailing next expansion.
    Last edited by Whatever Dude; 2017-10-19 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I know but its just not the same as if it were really there
    No it isn't but at the same time, the world does need to update sometime in the future(In a general sense, not Silithus right now).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Thank god.

- - - Updated - - -

Fighter Ships flying around in space is Warcraft?

It was an insanely serious retcon to even have the Dranei "crash land" in The Burning Crusade.
    Personally I find it pretty believable. Yes the Orc are technically aliens that came through a portal but the Orcs were also an incredibly primal and tribal race of people. Whereas the Draeni had thousands of years to evolve their civilization. In a lot of ways they are still a fairly primitive species. I agree giving space ships to the Burning Legion is a retcon but at the same time it makes a lot of sense. These aren't random demons. This is a Legion. Incredibly organized built to devour worlds and fighting against an unstoppable, eternal foe. They've probably conquered thousands of worlds. It makes sense that they'd pick up some tech along the way.

For example, if you look at Magic The Gathering you will notice that some expansions are much more primitive than others. The latest set is called Ixalan. Its essentially about dinosaurs, pirates, merfolks and vampires. Whereas of you travel a few sets back you have something like Kaladesh which is all about an advanced society or if you go even further back the return of the Eldrazi which is essentially an Alien race of uber powerful monsters.

Magic encompasses all of this while still remaining distinctly fantasy with a few sci-fi elements. Warcraft can and is easily doing the same in my opinion. Going to another planet and having a few expansions on there would be fantastic. I personally don't really care how we get there. Space travel isn't the problem, its what's powering that space travel.

Finally, all the Legion content we've ever gotten has had a lot of spacey vibes from it. It makes sense that if we're on the Legion homeworld that we would see the full scale of all their technology (which isn't a lot).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it isn't but at the same time, the world does need to update sometime in the future(In a general sense, not Silithus right now).
    I agree with that. I just really want the Old World to stand on its own though. I really don't want Cataclysm 2.0 when it comes to an update.

I can totally understand going to Outland through a portal. The portal that was created by Medivh to bring the Orcs through. That is integral to lore. It has always been around.

But this Argus shit has gotten reaaaaaally sloppy.

Soon each expansion will just be a new planet. We will be fighting with laser swords instead of real ones. Hunters will shoot laser guns.

We literally have Legion Fight Ships flying around on Argus.

What are we supposed to picture? A Succubus up there with a fighter-helmet on? "RED LEADER I'VE GOT ONE ON MY TAIL, ZOOOOOOOOOOM"
    Are you always this fun at parties?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Ugh I can't take any of this anymore...

Can we get the fucking Chinese riddle already?!?!?!

I can totally understand going to Outland through a portal. The portal that was created by Medivh to bring the Orcs through. That is integral to lore. It has always been around.

But this Argus shit has gotten reaaaaaally sloppy.

Soon each expansion will just be a new planet. We will be fighting with laser swords instead of real ones. Hunters will shoot laser guns.

We literally have Legion Fight Ships flying around on Argus.

What are we supposed to picture? A Succubus up there with a fighter-helmet on? "RED LEADER I'VE GOT ONE ON MY TAIL, ZOOOOOOOOOOM"
    Shrug. It's not really any different from mages using their discs as they have since Wrath. Just a version that covers the entire body. The Dwarven drills are more technologically advanced imo.

Fighter Ships flying around in space is Warcraft?
    I dont really understand this kind of thinking, its basically your taste and not that something is or is not warcrafty, i bet back in 2007 they did the Burning Crusade the way they did it because it was cool in their mindset, and it's basically the same now, if magicly flying spaceships is or is not warcraft is the choice of the designers, we can only have opinions on it, nothing more.

I mean they could transfer the whole game into somekind of real life scenario where the dark portal gets connected to present day earth with some magic mumbo jumbo and it would not be any less warcrafty if thats the direction that they want the canon to take.

If we are in favor or against those ideas is another thing to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3.5 goes live Nov. 7
    7.4 bridges the story between Legion and 8.0. Dungeon/mini raid in Silithus in Spring 2018
    8.0 prepatch with new features in August.
    8.0 goes live mid September
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude.

The Legion ALWAYS used portals to invade worlds. Being summoned in by local denizens of the world.

IE. Azshara and the Highborne first summoning them through.

Now they use spaceships? This is a D&D fantasy world not fuckin Star Wars.

If they had spaceships this whole time why did they ever need Gul'Dan do summon them through? Medivh? Etc.

Why not just hop on some troop transport spaceships!

- - - Updated - - -

No chance. 7.3.2 goes live maybe November 7. Is that what you meant?

7.3.5 is nowhere to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god I'm getting The Dark Tower flashbacks. Stephen King would be laughing his ass off right now.
    Yeah, whatever one Antorus is.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop engaging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Is the Silithus shit coming up soon?

Also, inb4 we'll get ships next expansion but they work like the Argus teleportation stuff, there'll probably be docks in every zone if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4269 View Post
    https://imgur.com/K1ADUqv

rotl new xpac

playable ethereal, we go to karesh
    source? thanks
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    source? thanks
    Don't bother, it's fake.

also this via reddit

https://i.imgur.com/yq7Hqob.jpg

most likely for blizzcon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

God, Antorus shall forever been known as the biggest clutch in WoW History.

I mean, LOOK AT HOW CLOSE SARGERAS WAS TOWARDS VICTORY! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJpGEjzdqpg

Dude.

The Legion ALWAYS used portals to invade worlds. Being summoned in by local denizens of the world.

IE. Azshara and the Highborne first summoning them through.

Now they use spaceships? This is a D&D fantasy world not fuckin Star Wars.

If they had spaceships this whole time why did they ever need Gul'Dan do summon them through? Medivh? Etc.

Why not just hop on some troop transport spaceships!
    Well according to the lore of the Great Dark time is warped differently there than it does on Azeroth. It could easily be explained that a few decades on Azeroth is the equivalent of a few hundred to a thousand years of Legion time. In addition to that maybe their space travel technology is new? They conquer new worlds all the time and I highly doubt everyone is as resilient as Azeroth is. For all we know they actually needed portals a few decades ago but now they no longer need them. This is supported by the fact that the Legion do still use portals (Invasion Points). I imagine all this space tech stuff is probably pretty new and just rolling out. For example, ships are being used in the Azeroth invasion but not in the invasion points where they still need portals. This could be their first time using such technology and with their sheer numbers they would be able to pump them out pretty damn fast. With a little bit of imagination it can be explained pretty easily.

I could easily pump out some quality lore that explains how they learned to utilize the technology if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Well according to the lore of the Great Dark time is warped differently there than it does on Azeroth. It could easily be explained that a few decades on Azeroth is the equivalent of a few hundred to a thousand years of Legion time. In addition to that maybe their space travel technology is new? They conquer new worlds all the time and I highly doubt everyone is as resilient as Azeroth is. For all we know they actually needed portals a few decades ago but now they no longer need them. This is supported by the fact that the Legion do still use portals (Invasion Points). I imagine all this space tech stuff is probably pretty new and just rolling out. With a little bit of imagination it can be explained pretty easily.

I could easily pump out some quality lore that explains how they learned to utilize the technology if you'd like.
    One could even make the analogy that we as humans are capable of spaceflight in some form but that does not make us a interstellar traveling species, i mean we dont even know what legion ships are capable off other than being mobile forward bases and acting as a close air support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion doesn't even know where Azeroth is in the Great Dark. There's thousands of worlds, they can't just use a space ship to just go wherever they want(I don't think that's the case, think there has to be a portal to do so).

Warrior-Magi

It's all I want.

Imagine raiding a Pirate Fortress. The first stage being a ship battle outside.

God Black Flag was a great game wasn't it....
    Excited for Sea of Thieves then? I know I am!

FTR I'm not trying to be a dick about this whole space ship thing. I agree that not having them would be more flavourful in my opinion I just don't think that it breaks the lore. I'll be really happy if we get boats and islands next expansion. You have no idea how much I want that.

So is it time for the hype train already?