Deleted
    On the topic of Pandaren subraces, I think a mountain Pandaren would work. It's basically the red fur variants, but these could maybe be expanded on more, different tail lengths and ringtail patterns.

Also, random thought of something I would love to see is Pandaren Druids. I see them as a type of Monk who channels power differently and shape shifts into the forms of Xuen(feral), Niazou(guardian), Chiji(resto) and Yulon(balance).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Except... Like I said, blood elves have hardly any real options unless you shoehorn Nightborne in or give them undead skins for some reason... Your argument switches stances to support one side then ignores the argument when it literally fights the other end of your statement.
    You'll have to explain why you think my argument does that, I'm not seeing it at all.

Let me break it down for you:

1) You don't specifically sell the feature as "subraces". You sell the feature as "significant new customization options for all races".

2) Some races won't support any sub-race lore-wise. You give these races tons of new customization options instead - more new hair, more new skin tons, more new faces, maybe some customization they simply didn't have before like tattoos, or bracelets/body jewelery, or perhaps even new body types which don't necessitate a new animation skeleton.

3) Some races have sub-races, but they're relatively simple - Maghar/Wildhammer for example. With these races, you can afford to give them some more faces and skins and so on, but you don't need to go as hard as for those with none.

4) Some races would have major sub-races with entirely new models. Your probably still want to also add the odd haircut or face, but obviously the value of new models will be perceived as high, so it can be more token than a serious effort.

5) Lore is key. People want this stuff because it's in lore in most cases. Don't fuck with it too much. If you are able to stick with it, it will significantly dampen or counter-balance complaining about unfairness or the like.

6) This is a lot of art. It is possible you will not be able to get it done and deliver the expansion on-time. So try to ensure, when you're working on it, that the lowest-priority stuff is for the lowest-pop races, to minimize complaining. Also ensure you deliver on promises. I won't get all tinfoil hat, but if you have the option to delay something slightly (even though you could have pushed hard and got it in on time), it might be smarter to delay, deliver and say "Hey we delivered! ".

TLDR: If you don't have a subrace for a race, give them significant new customization, sell the feature as "significant new customization", not subraces. Subraces should not be the headline from Blizzard, even if players report it as such - customization should be the headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarix View Post
    On the topic of Pandaren subraces, I think a mountain Pandaren would work. It's basically the red fur variants, but these could maybe be expanded on more, different tail lengths and ringtail patterns.

Also, random thought of something I would love to see is Pandaren Druids. I see them as a type of Monk who channels power differently and shape shifts into the forms of Xuen(feral), Niazou(guardian), Chiji(resto) and Yulon(balance).
    Yep, except there is currently no such thing as a "Mountain Pandaren". They could make it... I guess, but in the end it isn't much more than just adding more "Red Panda" skins. The most "interesting" thing would be males getting tails.

Im going to say it here and now.
    Mark my prediction.

There will be no Sub Races in 8.0

I wish this could end all your arguements...

Please, show some restraint and talk about something thats actually going to come... Like Dragon races.

Peace.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    TLDR: If you don't have a subrace for a race, give them significant new customization, sell the feature as "significant new customization", not subraces. Subraces should not be the headline from Blizzard, even if players report it as such - customization should be the headline.
    Hahaha...

No... I'm not getting into one of THESE again...

I'll just leave you with my overarching thoughts on the matter.

1. I think sub-races SHOULD be added.

2. I think they should be added ALONGSIDE a new race/class in whatever expansion they feature.

3. People will complain no matter what happens, especially the blood elf community, as I pointed out.

These items have mostly been my argument from the beginning of this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Mark my prediction.

Please, show some restraint and talk about something thats actually going to come... Like Dragon races.

Peace.
    The funny thing is that I will laugh no matter what does/doesn't get added. I'm eager to see what side wins this.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-19 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Yep, except there is currently no such thing as a "Mountain Pandaren". They could make it... I guess, but in the end it isn't much more than just adding more "Red Panda" skins. The most "interesting" thing would be males getting tails.
    There should be at least some genetic difference between homeland pandaren and Wandering Isle pandaren.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    There should be at least some genetic difference between homeland pandaren and Wandering Isle pandaren.
    Not disagreeing with that, there probably should be... If anything the pandaren from Pandaria should be more refined. Given that the pandaren from the turtle had a much smaller population to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The true question is... what is worth complaining about?

Some would say:

Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be deeply saddened when this thread ends. Lol
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Dw, we'll continue once 8.0 is ending and 9.0 is getting closer

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I felt like a little part of my died with that thread...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/misc.php...sted&t=1822797

I also had an incredibly low amount of posts compared to here, guess because I started using MMOC near that time.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/misc.php...sted&t=2249901
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Liu Lang left Pandaria 800 years before the Dark Portal. Wandering is Pandaren population is less than 800 years old. That's what, 10 generations on Pandaren? Way too short time for great genetic differences without an extreme external pressure, be it natural or magical, which was not present on the Wandering Isle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Some would say:

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I plan on posting at least one "leak" (following hints and other stuff)per week in this thread until the announcement to break the monotony/loop of the South Seas discussion.
    You're evil. I like you.
    _____

I missed another ~ 15-20 pages in 5 hours. Need a summary asap!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Mark my prediction.

Peace.
    If anything we are gonna get more customization options with skin options baked in I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Do what I do and make these threads your home. The Beta/Alpha Discussion thread is usually just as good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If anything we are gonna get more customization options with skin options baked in I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Do what I do and make these threads your home. The Beta/Alpha Discussion thread is usually just as good

I tend to lurk these exact threads every single expansion for as long as I can remember. Always fun reading the speculation and fan theories. Truly wish blizzard would read these and incorporate a few of the ideas as they are fantastic at times.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    We've already had one going for a few weeks
    at least jaina cosplay chick is hot...
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You're evil. I like you.
    _____

I missed another ~ 15-20 pages in 5 hours. Need a summary asap!
    Subraces were re-re-re-re-re-revisited, as well as the K'Aresh screenshot. Pretty much it.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Hello everyone,

first sorry for my english, I´m not a native english speaker.
    Second, it´s my first post so please be nice

I´m playing WoW since release and every Warcraft game before, so I´m really excitet for everything with the Lore.

I´m following this Speculation threats everytime a new expansion is about to release and love to speculate by myself.

I´ve got some ideas since the Kul´Tiras Armour "Leak" on the first page and I´m disscused it with my guildmates and I´m really shure something like this will happen.

So here are my 2 cent.

Story:

Jaina will be one of the central parts of the Expansion (OK thats for shure with the Artwork for Blizzcon) I think she will Lead the Alliance forces in the upcoming War

against the Horde, the Naga and the Old gods.
    Horde Players will be led by the Loa/ghost of Vol´Jin or some other Troll, who is Vol´jins chosen One.

War between Horde and Alliance is a big thing this expansion, with Sylvanas and Genn pushing it forward and Jaina driving Anduin on to be more agressive. But of course it´s

Anduin he won´t go full rampage against the Horde.

Continent:

Starting experiance is split for both factions. Alliance is Leveling through Kul´Tiras in the first half, horde will do same on Zandalar. In the middle of the Leveling process

you settle over to the "enemy Island". Alliance to zandalar, Horde to Kul Tiras.

After that both Factions will going to Dragon Isle as Max level Zone, similar to Suramar.

Both "Starting" Islands had mlutiple Zones for questing with scaling.

New Race:

Vrykul for both! (but not like you might think )

let me explain why this.
    In an AddOn with islands, Sea and ships, I think it´s a good time to introduce a race wich is heavily relatet to Vikings, which were a seafaring people.

After Helyas death, the Vrykul of Stormheim fighting more then ever. the Helayar (Helyas people) fight against the Valayar (Odyns people) [Sorry for eventual wrong names in

lack of translation].
    Both share the same starting Area. At the end the Helayar join the the Horde, because they see Sylvanas as legit successor to Helya. When Odyn noticed that he tells his

Valayar to join the Alliance.

Features:

Ships! We will get a ship similar to a mash up between the Vindikaar and our Order Hall, were we can recruit a Crew.
    With this crew we can go to little Scenarios where we can get some stuff like crew equipment, ship resources and the new "artifact currency".

There will be some kind of artifact progression like in Legion, but you won´t get a Weapon or something. "Path of the Titans" will get his chance.
    You will be able to buff some of your skills but not so much like you did it in Legion.

That were just my thoughts, which I had for some Weeks/ month now, and I had to let them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "Half Blood Elves" would be at most 12, unless you count Half High Elves who would have been in Quel'Thalas during and after its fall. This is unlikely though, since High Elves weren't particularly fond of half breeds.
    Serious question - lorewise, are there more half high/blood elves, or Horde-aligned Huojin Pandaren?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I just want more customization, WoW's character creator is still stuck in 2004 while other mmos have way more customization.
    That is the one thing I want, height sliders and maybe even different body types (like Wildstar) to make each character more unique.

I would also expect tattoos and such to be made available for non-DH classes, just not the arcane infused ones that they have.
    More in the line of Vrykul / Nozdormu