Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would "merely a blade" be swearing vengeance against the Old Gods "for what was done to [her] long ago"?
    Why would it continually use "us" and "we" when referring directly to the Old Gods and show such contempt for the other Old Gods and most other things?

Why would Blizzard conveniently leave her history unconfirmed and just a bunch of rumors and theories, one of which is that she is the "remains of a forgotten Old God"? If she was just a blade infused with power?

- - - Updated - - -

The implication is way too strong and consistent. She is what is left of a 5th Old God.
    I'm with Hitei on this, 200%.

Why would "merely a blade" be swearing vengeance against the Old Gods "for what was done to [her] long ago"?
    Why would it continually use "us" and "we" when referring directly to the Old Gods and show such contempt for the other Old Gods and most other things?

Why would Blizzard conveniently leave her history unconfirmed and just a bunch of rumors and theories, one of which is that she is the "remains of a forgotten Old God"? If she was just a blade infused with power?

The implication is way too strong and consistent. She is what is left of a 5th Old God.
    Several old god minions use we and us, such as Warlord Zon'ozz. I wouldn't put too much weight in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    She may have been the thing that was infused into the blade.
    Now consider what was on the planet at the time:
    1) Old Gods
    2) Old God minions of undying loyalty
    3) Elementals of varying strength

She is clearly Void, not Elemental in nature, and Old God minions, particularly the Aqir and faceless ones, are zealous beyond any reason. That only leaves one group that might be pissed off at being bound in such a way.

"They will pay for what was done to me so long ago". Well, why the fuck is the Blade at Tyr's sacred Vault? She was likely thrown away there, along with that Old One beast.

Also, you have to realize, the Old Gods aren't the only Void Things on Azeroth. EVERYTHING made from the Old Gods and/or empowered by the Old Gods are servants of the Void. THEY talk about Azeroth's end. THEY talk about the end of all things.

Her history isn't unconfirmed though? I think we know a considerable amount. You just aren't grasping why she is what she is. She's a Void Weapon that was thrown away and locked inside of Tyr's Vault underneath Tirisfal. Hence, why the Farrie Dragons were doing their thing. They were not only trying to stop that Void Thing. But, they were also trying to keep the Weapon in check.

- - - Updated - - -

Now consider what was on the planet at the time:
    1) Old Gods
    2) Old God minions of undying loyalty
    3) Elementals of varying strength

She is clearly Void, not Elemental in nature, and Old God minions, particularly the Aqir and faceless ones, are zealous beyond any reason. That only leaves one group that might be pissed off at being bound in such a way.
    She's not an Old God. She's just one Powerful weapon empowered by the Old Gods, and given to a badass Faceless one.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of it as the Warlock weapon. But, only, she's not dead, and she's...well...Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    While I'd love that. I suspect it'll look more like that map. Maybe a bit smaller islands.

I doubt Blizzard wants to make a big new continent, since Wrath we got.... 5, 7 (though one was unfinished until 5.1), 6, and 5 zones.
    Ah, I imagine it would be very few "true" zones, probably Tel Abim, Kezan, Zandalar (largest one), Kul Tiras and Plunder Isle. The big continent would be mostly fadigue waters, crossable with our ship. All the other islands would be very small, for exploration, treasure, rares, pirate ports and other fun stuff.

Think that island south of Krasarang, in Pandaria, with the hozen pirates. The one that even has a scenario about it (Oonga Ingoh, I think).

Or Hrothgar's Landing.

Or Alcaz Island.

Things like that. A dozen of them.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-19 at 10:11 PM.

That may be so, but then that is all she is, a weapon, a fragment of a long dead old god. She is no longer of existence in our realm, thus nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    "They will pay for what was done to me so long ago". Well, why the fuck is the Blade at Tyr's sacred Vault? She was likely thrown away there, along with that Old One beast.

Also, you have to realize, the Old Gods aren't the only Void Things on Azeroth. EVERYTHING made from the Old Gods and/or empowered by the Old Gods are servants of the Void. THEY talk about Azeroth's end. THEY talk about the end of all things.

Her history isn't unconfirmed though? I think we know a considerable amount. You just aren't grasping why she is what she is. She's a Void Weapon that was thrown away and locked inside of Tyr's Vault underneath Tirisfal. Hence, why the Farrie Dragons were doing their thing. They were not only trying to stop that Void Thing. But, they were also trying to keep the Weapon in check.
    Do you not know anything about the Blade's history? It wasn't thrown away, the cultists there bring it into the vault. She seduces and abandons weilders all throughout history.

Yes, and THEY don't talk about N'zoth being the weakest of "us". THEY don't talk about "us" corrupting Deathwing. She speaks as an equal of the Old Gods. Minions speak of their glory and insurmountable power.

Her history is unconfirmed. The Artifact research specifically points out that no one knows the truth of where she came from. And again, she was not locked in the vault. How are you trying to argue with me on this when you literally don't even understand the basics of the quest where you get her?

The Arms artifact is the thing keeping the faceless creature in check. That is why it was left embedded in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Several old god minions use we and us, such as Warlord Zon'ozz. I wouldn't put too much weight in it.
    They use "we" and "us" when referring to the actions of their entire forces. Like "we" will crush you, or "we" are timeless. They also all mention the Old Gods with reverence.

Xal'atath uses "we" and "us" in direct reference to the Old Gods.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    That may be so, but then that is all she is, a weapon, a fragment of a long dead old god. She is no longer of existence in our realm, thus nothing to worry about.
    I would not underestimate an Old God's resilience. There is enough of her left to be highly intelligent and retain what seems like the majority of her memories. We've seen with C'thun and Y'shaarj that outside force can easily bring life back even into the most utterly destroyed Old God. All it would take is her being in the right place at the right time to be a considerable threat once more.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-19 at 10:10 PM.

Xal'atah is intended to vaguely possibly be the 5th Old God to please those upset at the retcon down to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplate View Post
    This was just posted on /v/

>World of Warcraft, End of the Era (End Times)
    >Old Gods back, 5th Old God
    >C'thun controls Kalimdor
    >Yogg-Saron controls Northrend
    >N'Zoth controls Great Sea
    >New Old God Controls Eastern Kingdom
    >Loch Modan significantly changed
    >Y'Shaarj only old god not back
    >Loot Boxes introduced, can be purchased with WoW token. Will contain only cosmetic items / mounts
    >Kul Tiras, large PVP area similar tol barad
    >Old World Revamp including Northrend, dynamic level scaling like legion
    >Revamped Outland, Ethereal controlled, many areas gone, No flying.
    >Can not stay in certain areas long or your character will succumb to old god corruption
    >Level Cap 115, each new level gives new skills
    >Artifact weapons removed during expansion introduction, lost in time, Bronze Dragon School involved
    >Bronze Dragons Corrupted, not by old gods / void, but something else
    >No new class / race
    >No Flying, however teleportation pads like argus everywhere, replacing flight paths. (Unsafe to fly?)
    >Vindicaar will become your base of operations, flying above azeroth

Doesn't seem very believable, however it is vague enough to maybe be true?
    Looking at the shithole that is games industry right now, the bolded makes this leak most believeable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or they could just sell the T3 cosmetic as a full set on the store instead of making you buy lootboxes for a chance?
    Idk I think the RNG would make it more fun since you'd be able to trade them most likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    No, thats Hrothgars Landing, different place.
    which is still further north from northrend and was a hint at more land being avail without being on the map

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Aaaaaand I've edited the map my good sirs! I've moved the Dragon Isles and I've added Ogrezonia.

well thats rly nice, its good to see tel'abin and ogrezonia

what is plunder isles?, and I-IIJI? the island on the south seas

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Plunder Island is a place listed in the RPG book "Lands of Mystery". It's the location of Bloodsail Hold, main base of the Bloodsail Buccaneers. I think there are references to it either in-game or in old maps, but I'm not sure.

Hiji, no one knows about it. It was just featured in old WoW maps, just like Tel'Abim.

at this pace we'll get 1200+ pages before blizzcon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Beware, 8.0 will add another flavor text to the loading screens:
    No one has seen Wrathion in years ... And it will probably stay that way.
    you mean REPLACE, now that alleria and turalyon are back.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hiji
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Plunder_Isle

As DeicideUH said, Plunder Isles is the lair of the Bloodsail pirates!

As for Hiji we don't know, but I imagine it as a japanese-themed island. Maybe some specific Pandarens live on it?

Deleted
    >Revamped Outland, Ethereal controlled, many areas gone, No flying.
    O U T L A N D B O Y E S

I just want unmatching, flashy coloured armor tier sets to be a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That looks beautiful; probably better than what we'll really get...

Just one note: didn't the Darkspear Isles sink as Thrall recruited the Darkspear and Sen'jin sacrificed himself to buy them all enough time to get away before they were gone? It's been a while since I've done the WC3 scenario.
    Apparently it's assumed the island is destroyed, so that leaves it open but it's VERY unlikely. I wonder if it was a part of Zandalar before the Sundering.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    at this pace we'll get 1200+ pages before blizzcon
    Oh that we will boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That looks beautiful; probably better than what we'll really get...

Just one note: didn't the Darkspear Isles sink as Thrall recruited the Darkspear and Sen'jin sacrificed himself to buy them all enough time to get away before they were gone? It's been a while since I've done the WC3 scenario.
    Thank youuuu! Hmmm I wonder, maybe you're right. Anyone knowing about this hear?

EDIT: Thanks Aeluron!