Deleted
    Mogu replacing Pandarens.
    The Taunka aren't that bad either for Taurens.
    Pygmies for Goblins.
    Jinyu for humans maybe? hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Oh god, imagine if we get a underground zone where the Silithus scar is the entrance and they introduce "lizard people" as a race, man that would be one huge meme for hollow earth/lizard theorists.
    I wouldn't mind going underground for an expansion. It'd be pretty cool.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Where is this Wyrm-like race idea coming from? Is it just something someone brought up because it would be a cool addition or has there been some kind of hint in that direction?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of sub races, wasn't there a group of feral Pandaren in Northrend in Warcraft 3?

Most likely non canon at this point, yes, since we never saw them in WoTLK; but they could easily be used as a sub race. Somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    vrykul better become human's sub race. Or else imma flip this forum!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I made a post about this a while ago, but it got deleted when I tried editing it.

One of the sub-races of Human is Azotha. They're a Shamanistic tribe that was one of the very first, but they haven't really been seen in a very long time.
    This is probably the best "sub-race" for Humans that makes sense. Opens Shaman as a class for them (While Night Elves/Trolls get Paladins, maybe Orcs get Druids if they get an un-corrupted sub-race).

People always jump to Vrykul when they think of a sub-race for Humans. In reality, Humans are the sub-race for Vrykul. Azotha are the best go-to for Humans.

Underground and lizard people... wall-running mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
    I made a post about this a while ago, but it got deleted when I tried editing it.

One of the sub-races of Human is Azotha. They're a Shamanistic tribe that was one of the very first, but they haven't really been seen in a very long time.
    This is probably the best "sub-race" for Humans that makes sense. Opens Shaman as a class for them (While Night Elves/Trolls get Paladins, maybe Orcs get Druids if they get an un-corrupted sub-race).

People always jump to Vrykul when they think of a sub-race for Humans. In reality, Humans are the sub-race for Vrykul. Azotha are the best go-to for Humans.
    They not canon. Only RPG thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    https://twitter.com/handclaw/status/...177664?lang=en

Is evidence enough of sub races.
    Else they would've done this model at the start of the expansion for the Man'ari which we've been fighting the whole expansion.

They also received some of the new horn models on their bodies in 7.3 so I think it's safe to say sub races are the next big thing.
    I wish male draenei had Velen's body shape and proportions. Goat bodybuilders are not fun

About sub races. The only variants i have is.

Human - Vrykul.

Night Elf - Nightborne

Blood Elf - Naga (since Highborne mutated into two paths - High Elves and Naga).

Tauren - Taunka

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I didn't realize how much I missed your comments while you were banned.
    lmao
    we all love bjoramier

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Underground and lizard people... wall-running mounts!
    so the wound in azeroth leads to Toril and we get to go to Menzobarennzan?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    There's a better chance of Khadgar having an orgy with thrall and the horde than sylvanas dying.
    There's a better chance of a Gnome beating a Titan, and Us keeping a straight face about it, than Sylvanas dying.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    There's a better chance of a Gnome beating a Titan, and Us keeping a straight face about it, than Sylvanas dying.
    Her plot armor is so thicc that there is a better chance of a gnome having an orgy with a titan and thrall while khadgar keeps a straight face.

If they do subraces we have to consider if they'll just be skins, or if there's gonna be slight alterations to the models. Personally, if they were to do it, I think they would go with more than just skins. They said they were thinking about giving an option for orcs with straight backs some time ago.

I think they would probably add 2 subraces to each race. There are races that have very distinguished subraces like:

trolls: darkspear, forest trolls, zandalari (which would give us an option for trolls with straight backs)
    dwarves: bronzebeard, wildhammer, dark iron
    tauren: tauren, taunka, highmountain (yaungol?)
    draenei: draenei, broken, lightforged?

For the others, Blizzard can get a little more creative. Orc clans and Human nations could be further distinguished physically. Kultiras will be introduced, and could be a good way to show us a new kind of human? Like we have stormwind humans, dalaran humans could have a less muscular build, and more fancy hairstyles and beards, and kultiras humans could be inspired in some other archetype?
    On the orcs' side of things, maybe the mag'har, since they were not corrupted, could have straight backs?
    The Forsaken could have dead Lordaeron humans (as we do now), dead high elves and maybe in the story Sylvannas could bring another people to her side? A new kind of undead?

The nightborne or the nightfallen will have a place too. According to the dialog in argus, I would say with the blood elves.
    Night elves could have a more distinguished look for their highborne and maybe (farfetched) the children of cenarius?

Gnomes would have to get something new created for them. Have them invent a machine version of themselves. Or have them do something with the leper gnomes (since finding them a cure has been much of their plotline anyway).
    Goblins have gilgoblins and I don't know what else.

Worgen could find some of their people in another island. Like the ones we found in val'sharah. And they could have inspirations from other animals. Maybe night elf worgen, since I cured many of them with the Scythe of Elune in Legion

I don't know. But I really like the idea of subraces and expanded customization.

[MOD SNIP]

If mods didn't ban me for sig space i would make this my sig lol
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-09-22 at 10:57 PM.

We already have mechagnomes.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I added more.

I needed to add them all---

*Gets banned again*

D:

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I added more.

I needed to add them all---

*Gets banned again*

D:
    Even better

Waiting for blizzcon makes us do strange things... I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER

10+ Year Old Account
    THAT'S what you got banned for? Wow I was wondering the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    See, the problem I have with people wanting to kill Sylvanas off is that they're
    1. Genn fanboys so that invalidates all their arguments
    or
    2. She's done a some evil things and because she's the faction leader, that means she "has to die"

You have to look away from the lore for a moment and realize how incredibly important this character is to people who've gone through a hard time in their life.
    People who've fought cancer, gotten in accidents and things alike see this character as a symbol of fortitude.

While -you- might not look at a game character and get inspired / encouraged, there's tons of people out there who do. No other prominent characters have that kind of story.

And this is way more important than people just wanting her (completely) dead, had I been a game designer, I would've never let a few fans' BIASED opinions kill off a character that means so much to others.

People forget that Sylvanas is one of the most popular characters that Blizzard have for a reason. Jaina might also reach that level of importance depending on how well they write her in 8.0, she's mostly been a sidekick until now, but she's got a tragic background

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    THAT'S what you got banned for? Wow I was wondering the whole time.
    Actually i don't remember what my last one was for, but i was banned atleast 4 times for sig space, and got an infraction 2 days ago for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually i don't remember what my last one was for, but i was banned atleast 4 times for sig space, and got an infraction 2 days ago for it.
    What "sig space" means?