10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I was top 5 for the last thread, but only like top 20 this time =/ Ive been working too much. Time to quit my job.
    Get a depression like me. You have all the time in the world except for all the crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They are left over troops of Kul'Tiras, not acting on Jaina's orders or anything like that at all. In Cata the Alliance did attack Barrens but you hardly saw any mention of Jaina or Theramore.
    Northwatch is under Theramore's jurisdiction after Daelin was killed, according to Cycle of Hatred. That means it's Jaina's men responsible for quests like this: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25169/t...tch-aggression

also people like ripped and scarecrows aren't worth responding to

"no expansion at blizzcon" is the new "nighthold is the last tier in Legion," just cynicism olympics for people who come to these forums daily to bitch about a game they hate
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2017-10-09 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly with how many people are now not even speculating on if subraces happen but what subraces will happen, I'm gonna love the massive salt when they aren't announced at Blizzcon.

Or maybe they will be. Honestly, the idea that was like 50% new customizations, and 50% new races that are actually just new customizations with extra lore is finally a "sub-race" idea I can get behind.
    I'd like them but I dont have a boner for them either. Id rather have 2 new races this time with a new class and subraces next time.

I guess next expac will decide the future on wow for a lot of us it seens.

In your opinion. 3% of WoW’s population is Goblin. Not exactly an impactful addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    rda is the only other sane person in this entire thread
    As far as I see it, you are both just the biggest haters. You are honestly worse than RDA as hard to believe as that is. At least he elaborates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    If you want a normal reading experience just ignore everyone except for marlamin.
    Short thread that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I guess next expac will decide the future on wow for a lot of us it seens.
    Same was said about every expansion after wrath lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    anyone remember when marlamin was useful instead of just spreading fake news lmao, good times
    Spotted the Trump supporter. No politics in this. Just making an observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Calling it now, 9.0 speculation will be dedicated to new classes. Filled with people’s wish list of how a dark Ranger works and why Tinkers are better than cowboys and how many specs a bard has.
    Thats pretty much what Legion one was about tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Same was said about every expansion after wrath lol
    Well legion got me cuz i was waiting 12 years for demon hunters. Not sure if blizz can pull something that big for me again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them but I dont have a boner for them either. Id rather have 2 new races this time with a new class and subraces next time.
    Honestly while we're on the race subject again.

Am I the only one who feels like predicting what Blizz intends to do regarding races is a roulette spin?

I have about 4 different things they COULD do, plus the popular subraces chatter, hell they could do nothing again like WoD, yet nothing seems entirely convincing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I personally disagree with this stance, and it has been argued to death. I'd rather not get into it though, at least not in this thread haha. Overall I think thw class design needs some serious help, and I don't mind a melee hunter I just think the implementation was done very poorly.
    Classes were in the best shape ever in MoP imo. Gotten worse every expansion since imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Just a word of warning: Don't expect anything beyond the title and maybe a feature list trailer for the next expansion, like what we had for Mists before Dragon Soul came out.
    They haven't even started hyping the raid up for the masses yet. The WoW panels will likely just be about the raid.
    LoL not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    And just to clarify my statement about an announcement for an expansion being due/past due.

In the WoW product lifecycle, the longest time between release of an expansion and the announcement of the next was 13 and a half months (slightly less, but we'll round up to a half month). That was Mists of Pandaria > Warlords of Draenor. MoP was released September 25 2012, WoD was announced November 8 2013. All other expansions have been announced 7-11 months after the release of the last one. Even BC was announced 11 months after classic had launched.

Now I'm not 100% on the math here, but I'm reasonably sure that August 30, 2016 > November 3, 2017 is a hair over 14 months.

Now Mists of Pandaria had a large amount of content in its patch cycles - comparable to Legion (subjective quality or lack thereof aside). So you could say that being a reasonable comparable expansion in terms of patches, we're due for an expansion announcement at Blizzcon. If you compare to all the other expansions - we're well and truly past due for an expansion announcement by the time Blizzcon rolls around.

To not only say that there won't be an expansion announcement at Blizzcon, but to say it'll be at next year's Blizzcon? Well, on the scale of probabilities.. decide for yourself.

Now if you *really* want to speculate on something expansion announcement/release related - speculate on whether or not we'll actually be playing the next expansion by the time next Blizzcon rolls around. The shortest time they've taken to release an expansion after announcement is 11~ months. Can they make it in time for next Blizzcon? Will they pull a rabbit out of a hat and release well before next Blizzcon? Will they hit the 'average' and release in December 2018/January 2019? Who knows.
    June/July. Quote me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Just made a thread about this, long story short: Un'goro gets super-charged on Azeroth blood and evolves into its Hearthstone counterpart. Gadgetzan also becomes its Hearthstone counterpart and becomes the hub for visiting new zones: Kezan, Kul'Tiras, new Un'goro, Silithus Underground.
    Gadgetstan the capital. Half the zone. Other parts of the zone are minor questings/lore/ Ungoro starting zone. Leads to underground 3-4 zones. Silithus also has 2 or 3 zones underneath it. Maybe they match up and you can enter the underground continent in either Silithus or Ungoro. This xpac sounds hype to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That's from the mock-up that someone posted a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol got me. Fell hard for that one.
    Zing. And it begins. Maybe that image will be the new login screen meme of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    First one was a joke. I wouldnt mind the second one in the updated part.

June/July. Quote me.
    If you are talking about release date, I think you are off by at least several months.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you are talking about release date, I think you are off by at least several months.
    That reminds me of when I actually bought the hype about faster expansions.

I've given up on that. Gimme fall of the year after the reveal. Every time.

September-November 2018.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Idk if it would be interesting enough but: what about Ethereals’ original form as a new race? Prior to their world’s destruction by Dimensius. Would give them unlimited design options essentially.

Would completely solve the multiple issues of their current form.

10+ Year Old Account

September-November 2018.
    You think its going to take them more than 24 months to release it? Almost every expansion releases before 24 months. 22.5-23 is the average. Going by that a July-August release date would happen. If they had announced in August, most of you would be agreeing with me on July being possible. Announce date has no meaning. Time between expansions is what you want to look at. They release expansions every 22-24 months like clockwork. 22 months would be June. 24 would be August. If it releases past September it would be the longest expansion wait yet. Ill eat my hat if its past September.

September-November 2018.
    I agree.

The irony is - and I am not sure if I want to say it, because I will just be labeled a hater again... ah, well, what's one more time - the irony is that we might get faster expansions in WoW, but in a pretty twisted form that is going to be much worse than the slow expansions. Look no further than Hearthstone. These guys do get fast expansions. After the first year they all hate it because the expansions are just token content which is an excuse to charge more money. If you don't buy packs with new cards you have to grind, if you do neither your decks can still deliver a surprise punch every once in a while but overall you are losing to the decks which got the new packs. WoW is currently free of this particular plague and it better stays free of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill eat my hat if its past September.
    Be very careful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I agree.

The irony is - and I am not sure if I want to say it, because I will just be labeled a hater again... ah, well, what's one more time - the irony is that we might get faster expansions in WoW, but in a pretty twisted form that is going to be much worse than the slow expansions. Look no further than Hearthstone. These guys do get fast expansions. After the first year they all hate it because the expansions are just token content which is an excuse to charge more money. If you don't buy packs with new cards you have to grind, if you do neither your decks can still deliver a surprise punch every once in a while but overall you are losing to the decks which got the new packs. WoW is currently free of this particular plague and it better stays free of it.
    2-3 months earlier than you think in a 2 year wait is not going to turn it into a hearthstone thing. I think they could potentially get Legion sized expansions down to 18 months no prob if they had better management, but I would not want an expansion every year. Thats too much. 20 months feels about right. Thats 7-8 months of the final tier which is a small drought, but acceptable to me.

And I dont know why people ignore math. Expansions have always released every 22-24 months. Why should this one take 26-29 like some are saying.

An optimist goes with May or June. A realist goes with July or August. A pessimist goes with September or October. A nut-job goes with November+

I think it’s too hard to judge. Especially need to see what “a small patch” after Antorus releases means. I mean are we talking extra story content, do it once and that’s it? Or, say, turn Silithus into an actual zone and have it have all the stuff you’d associate with patch content. Eg, quest, get currency, buy 940 gear, repeat? Something that lasts a bit of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You could spin it around, though, and say "Yeah, she fucked up, and now she's seen, by the defeat of the Legion, that the current Horde can put aside their differences, so she can too".
    She had plenty of time to see the Horde working toghether with us against a common foe in SoO as well. That didn't make her not be a little bitch when Belfes were let back in Dalaran.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The fact that Antorus is coming out in 7.3.2 with ZERO class balance changes... Where the hell is 7.3.5? Nowhere to be seen.
    That is not true: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9246514#post-7
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    I'd say we're highly likely to make at least some tuning changes surrounding the raid's release, but that would be via hotfix, not as part of this patch (7.3.2.).
    td;lr: balance is gonna happen the week before mythic opens.
    (balance is only needed for mythic anyway )
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-10-09 at 06:02 AM.