Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ I fail to see the logic. OK, druids don't turn into ethereals, that'd be silly. Then why the alternative is 2 new playable races?
    Because ethereals are sure to come in the form where players will drive them based on some reverse-engineering? Why can't that be just something similar to naga quests in Vashjir where you turn into a naga temporarily and not permanently? Why 2 races and not 1 like pandaren? Maybe I am missing something...
    Well if naga or dragonkin are the new race they could be druids, would make sense. And them not turning in a mammal such as a cat/bear would be logical too but rather a reptillian bulky creature and a reptillian agile creature

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ^^ I fail to see the logic. OK, druids don't turn into ethereals, that'd be silly. Then why the alternative is 2 new playable races?
    Because ethereals are sure to come in the form where players will drive them based on some reverse-engineering? Why can't that be just something similar to naga quests in Vashjir where you turn into a naga temporarily and not permanently? Why 2 races and not 1 like pandaren? Maybe I am missing something...
    The thought process is:
    -We're assuming they changed Cat Form to Shapeshift Form because a new druid is being added that doesn't turn into a cat
    -Assuming new races, we have a few options: Naga, Dragonkin, Ethereal, Ogre, or simply druid being added to existing race
    -Ethereal don't fit druid, they are void creations and aren't connected to nature
    -Therefore, assuming the first point, ethereal likely won't be playable or we're getting them plus an additional race that CAN be a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    The thought process is:
    -We're assuming they changed Cat Form to Shapeshift Form because a new druid is being added that doesn't turn into a cat
    -Assuming new races, we have a few options: Naga, Dragonkin, Ethereal, Ogre, or simply druid being added to existing race
    -Ethereal don't fit druid, they are void creations and aren't connected to nature
    -Therefore, assuming the first point, ethereal likely won't be playable or we're getting them plus an additional race that CAN be a druid.
    exactly /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Who was the guy that created the Hype train Img?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The thought process is:
    It's either going to be Naga or Dragonkin.
    + Sub races and a new character creator as that have been the same since classic.

Ogre wouldn't make sense, and Ethereal don't have the characteristics to become a playable race as of right now.
    Also, keep in mind it's still possible that they're making it so that each druid form is locked to it's respective talent tree.

Cat - Feral
    Bear - Guardian
    etc, with the ability pruning, this is definitely something you have to be prepared for.

What if this void elf is a new class that can transform and shit? We need a new cloth or mail class, three weapons have already been datamined, and now this.
    Could be something to think of.

Talking about these btw:
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645302.jpg
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645289.jpg
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645305.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Bolded.

I'm running a $2500 AUD computer(GTX 1080 4.2ghz i7 etc) and I can't get Legion to run at max at 1440p.

The official technical support forums had a 100 odd page post at Legions launch claiming that the shit was poorly optimized and they admitted fault and said a fix was coming in 7.1... Nothing was fixed.

Suramar and Valsharah are the worst culprits with some dungeons still having particle effects that nuke your FPS.

It's pretty disgraceful that a game with PS2(exaggeration) level graphics can't run on a GTX1080.
    I never had issues in Val'sharah but Suramar was definitely aids and I have the latest skylake + 1080, etc. I would get fps nuked in Suramar if I went in there with max settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Who was the guy that created the Hype train Img?
    that would be me
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I never had issues in Val'sharah but Suramar was definitely aids and I have the latest skylake + 1080, etc. I would get fps nuked in Suramar if I went in there with max settings.
    I don't think there's any machine on the planet that can handle WoW at max settings(Except maybe a supercomputer that isn't even on the market). I don't do max settings anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Or it could just be even further ability pruning. Now you can't swap forms. Why should Druid have versatility when the rest of us have had it removed? :P
    Hah, yeah, I mean it certainly could be pruning, or database clean up, or something related to nothing. Could be a lot of things, and I'm not looking too much into it. Simply just expanding on/cleaning up the other guys theory. The bear challenge appearance also pushes the boundaries on what shape the forms can take, and what people enjoy. I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up getting some new druid race, and potentially new form customization.

...that being said, gimme Saurok druids.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-09-25 at 10:39 PM.

The irony.
    The irony in you being one of the biggest trolls as well?
    Last edited by GoodUsername55; 2017-09-25 at 10:46 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Valsharah is painful if you have ground clutter turned up and draw distance I think.
    It's also painful if you have audio on in the cutscenes.

*ba dum tss*

So what's with the druid speculation and hype training? We get some leak?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's also painful if you have audio on in the cutscenes.

*ba dum tss*

So what's with the druid speculation and hype training? We get some leak?
    Nothing that new or definitive. The last PTR patch changed the tooltip for Cat Form to Shapeshift Form, so all forms are now more broad and not specified to a single animal(Shapeshift, Guardian, Travel, Balance, Aquatic). The line of thinking is, they'd potentially do this because a new druid race doesn't shift into traditional cat/bear forms, etc etc.

But it's just a very tin foil hat theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's either going to be Naga or Dragonkin.
    + Sub races and a new character creator as that have been the same since classic.

Ogre wouldn't make sense, and Ethereal don't have the characteristics to become a playable race as of right now.
    Also, keep in mind it's still possible that they're making it so that each druid form is locked to it's respective talent tree.

Cat - Feral
    Bear - Guardian
    etc, with the ability pruning, this is definitely something you have to be prepared for.

What if this void elf is a new class that can transform and shit? We need a new cloth or mail class, three weapons have already been datamined, and now this.
    Could be something to think of.

Talking about these btw:
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645302.jpg
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645289.jpg
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/645305.jpg
    cat became shapeshifting , not feral form

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing that new or definitive. The last PTR patch changed the tooltip for Cat Form to Shapeshift Form, so all forms are now more broad and not specified to a single animal(Shapeshift, Guardian, Travel, Balance, Aquatic). The line of thinking is, they'd potentially do this because a new druid race doesn't shift into traditional cat/bear forms, etc etc.

I mean it could also be some weird thing they do sometimes with skills or locations. Where they copy a known one to make a new one.

Or, and I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on now too, they're planning a change to druids where you'll no longer have access to non-spec shapeshifts. So you'll just have Travel Form and Shapeshift Form.

Fill in shapeshift with Bear, Cat, or Moonkin.

Makes more sense than ilgynoth talking about moira !

Because it's insanely poorly optimized. Proved on official tech support forums by multiple people smarter than me.
    Let me guess: It's shadows, light and water that fuck the whole thing up.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean it could also be some weird thing they do sometimes with skills or locations. Where they copy a known one to make a new one.

Or, and I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on now too, they're planning a change to druids where you'll no longer have access to non-spec shapeshifts. So you'll just have Travel Form and Shapeshift Form.

Fill in shapeshift with Bear, Cat, or Moonkin.
    Aye, possible for the first. Middle one, meh, I doubt it. Only because they changed only Cat. Guardian/Balance/Etc still exist as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, yeah, also. Forgot I'm a shill for this and need to take any chance to promote it.

New race/class combos? Blood Elf Druid?

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, possible for the first. Middle one, meh, I doubt it. Only because they changed only Cat. Guardian/Balance/Etc still exist as is.
    Yeah it's weird that it's only cat. But I mean it could also be a WIP. Or they'll just redact Bear and Moonkin out and only need one button now. I'm not a programmer, don't ask me.

And honestly they making shapeshifts spec-tied seems inevitable after they did that with Warrior stances. (And I think DK stances as well?)

The simple answer is that Blizzard called it Shapeshift instead of Cat because they're going to add some form-changing glyphs for it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    TYRANDEEEEEEEEEEEE WHERE ARE YOU MY LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I first quested through there as a 5 man group. We all fucking lost it.
    Thats become meme level in my guild group. Just randomly gets said or typed.