Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's the point of this thread? This isn't your personal blog lol

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    You can only have a total of 50-54 or so characters across your account. He can fill up other realms, and keep one realm empty aside from two characters which he has transferred away from the rest or made fresh. Works for me.
    If he doesn't have the self control to just not play the chars why would he have the self control to not make more on that realm?

Quote Originally Posted by generallyunpleasent View Post
    I've been playing for a bit now and I used to be able to focus and enjoy the game, but with the addition of level boosts. That enjoyment has gone down. I have bought a level boost for one of every class in the game, and it is a nightmare trying to gear up and focus on raiding without switching classes every week or so. I'm tired of it and would like some advice on if I should pull my next move.

Deleting all but one (or two) characters.

I would either keep one hybrid class, or one DPS/Tank and a healer.

I don't care about the money, I just want to enjoy the game again without this altaholic ADD getting in the way.

Just telling myself to play one character hasn't worked the last 2 times I tried to concentrate on one character.
    I was largely in the same boat as you. I'm super casual though, so I can't speak to being a raider and giving a shit about gear, but I think you need to do what I did:

Unsub.

But if you really don't want to, then yes, I absolutely think you need to keep those toons off the screen. I limited myself to two toons this expansion, because I did the same thing. They can always be restored, but only a month at a time, so it will keep you off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What the fuck does this even mean? I don't care who you are, $600 is a lot to spend on boosts in a video game.

for you maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    for you maybe
    Yeah dude I'm poor because I think spending $600 bucks on character boosts is ridiculous. Get lost.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Yeah dude I'm poor because I think spending $600 bucks on character boosts is ridiculous. Get lost.
    never said that but leveling up toons cost time... and spending 600 bucks on saving time if you have the cash why not?

but what ever not even going to waste time with poeple like you who dont understand that some poeple value money otherwhise

I've been playing for a bit now and I used to be able to focus and enjoy the game, but with the addition of level boosts. That enjoyment has gone down. I have bought a level boost for one of every class in the game, and it is a nightmare trying to gear up and focus on raiding without switching classes every week or so. I'm tired of it and would like some advice on if I should pull my next move.

I don't care about the money, I just want to enjoy the game again without this altaholic ADD getting in the way.

Just telling myself to play one character hasn't worked the last 2 times I tried to concentrate on one character.
    If I were in your shoes I would go ahead and just delete all of them and be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its never a good decision to boost a character....you friend have FAILED THESE FORUMS!
    But seriously, you can hit 110 in a little over two days of game time

Deleting characters isn't going to solve your problem. As you said, just telling yourself to focus on one character doesn't work. What's stopping you from just boosting more characters?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    When did this place become a microblogging site?
    Like two weeks ago.
    It's gotten really bad lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Its never a good decision to boost a character....you friend have FAILED THESE FORUMS!
    But seriously, you can hit 110 in a little over two days of game time
    Or I can work for two hours and get 91% of the way there.

If you consider throwing away that sum of money to be acceptable, then I would like to ask for contributions towards PC upgrades.
    What you describe is sounding like an addiction.
    You either need to deal with the behaviour, or remove the option.
    Spending money on therapy or giving a sufficient sum away as to make spending it on boosts difficult are both ways to achieve that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-07 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck does this even mean? I don't care who you are, $600 is a lot to spend on boosts in a video game.
    I mean, that is less than a week of Work for me. so $600 whilst I wouldn't pay it myself, is only about 25hours of Work to pay for myself. 10 characters taking 1-2days to level would be a much bigger waste of time vs. money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Like two weeks ago.
    It's gotten really bad lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Or I can work for two hours and get 91% of the way there.
    But you're wasting 60 bucks, its your money. But it doesn't feel like a wise spending to me. Each their own

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    But you're wasting 60 bucks, its your money. But it doesn't feel like a wise spending to me. Each their own
    Two hours to save two days?
    Nothing about that is wasteful

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have the cash why not?
    Why not....

Dumb qstn is dumb.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

never said that but leveling up toons cost time... and spending 600 bucks on saving time if you have the cash why not?

but what ever not even going to waste time with poeple like you who dont understand that some poeple value money otherwhise
    You can value money however you want, it's still pants on head retarded to pay 600$ for boosts and then be like "I'm gonna delete the characters cause I'm a total spaz".
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a max-level toon of every class for the last three expansions, most of them get leveled up at the END of the expansion when things start to wind down towards the X.0 patch for the next EXP. I would recommend you keep your toons and play them when/where you want and choose a set number to play for the current expansion. For example, this expansion i chose my Warrior, Mage and Priest to level to 110 and of course a DH as well because it was new and fun and also, it feels far less overwhelming to gear 4 toons. It also makes the decision on what to level next expansion easy as you already have max toons ready to go!

Fellow altoholic checking in, 12 alliance toons to cap, 12 horde toons 80-101.

Here's my advice to you, pick a main. That doesn't mean ignore the rest, it just means that when it comes to gearing, new patches, raids, or whatever they're your go to. After that, set reasonable goals for the rest of your alts.

To give you an example, Legion launched and all of my Alliance characters were 100. I chose a Shaman to level and gear this expansion because I loved the themes and the playstyles. After that I decided that I would level each class to cap, complete their order hall campaigns, and get their mounts. Outside of that I sparingly log into them.

Deleted

I don't see how deleting any of your characters would help. They are easy to undelete these days. And besides, you say you don't care about money, so you'd just buy new boosts.

I'm not a professional - but dumping hundreds of bucks in the game just because you can't control yourself seems like you might have some deeper problems than just concentrating on gearing up one toon.

The only real solution out of your situation is to gain some self-control. To figure out why you're playing in the first place and act accordingly. If you're finding the long haul of the game is too much for your attention span and you feel like it's a real problem - then I'd suggest talking to a professional about it. Because it's a damn videogame, it shouldn't be that hard to show some restraint.

If it's not a real problem - then I don't really see why you should do anything really. Just play your alts whenever you feel like it until one of them "sticks". There's nothing wrong with that approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    You can only have a total of 50-54 or so characters across your account. He can fill up other realms, and keep one realm empty aside from two characters which he has transferred away from the rest or made fresh. Works for me.
    If you read his post, you must realize you're telling him to spend $3000 in boosts to fill those slots. I'm sorry, but that's terrible advice
    Last edited by mmoc9972c24607; 2017-07-07 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    If you read his post, you must realize you're telling him to spend $3000 in boosts to fill those slots. I'm sorry, but that's terrible advice
    The suggestion was more for moving a main and maybe another alt to a fresh server or making new ones, not transferring all the others, that would be absurd.