Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything is possible.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Blizzcon, literally last year, stated that they are ditching the 1 expansion a year in favor of longer more content rich 2 year expansions.
    "I recall Game Director Ion saying on multiple occasions that they ditched the 2 year expansion plan and are focusing on making legion the best expansion possible right ?"

He's referring to the 1 year xpac plan they ditched, that's what I was correcting.

I'd love a link to where Blizz said they'd be doing 2 year expansions though, because as far as I'm aware, they said they were giving up on 1 year expansions, and looking to make longer more content rich expansions. No specific mention of 2 years.

No there wont be a .4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    More than likely pre-patch content
    also this ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Azshara finally woooooo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    "I recall Game Director Ion saying on multiple occasions that they ditched the 2 year expansion plan and are focusing on making legion the best expansion possible right ?"

He's referring to the 1 year xpac plan they ditched, that's what I was correcting.

I'd love a link to where Blizz said they'd be doing 2 year expansions though, because as far as I'm aware, they said they were giving up on 1 year expansions, and looking to make longer more content rich expansions. No specific mention of 2 years.
    One thing I will say is that they are over 200 developers strong for WoW now from the 80 they had developing Draenor so it is likely expansions will still be 2-2.5 years in length but will be much more robust in their content offerings and new machanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    One thing I will say is that they are over 200 developers strong for WoW now from the 80 they had developing Draenor so it is likely expansions will still be 2-2.5 years in length but will be much more robust in their content offerings and new machanics.
    Thankyou

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    I was just wondering what do you guys think if the possibility of legion lasting one more patch ? What if there is a patch 7.4 ?
    I recall Game Director Ion saying on multiple occasions that they ditched the 2 year expansion plan and are focusing on making legion the best expansion possible right ? What if the next expansion isn't coming as soon as we think ?

What are you guys thoughts on Legion lasting for a possible 7.4.
    It's a possibility. Could be pre expansion content that sets up the new expansion or could be filler content before that patch. It's guesswork and we can't know.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: Nighthold and Nightborne got stomped. Mistress Sazzine failed at repossessing the Tidestone. Portal to got shutdown with collected Pillars of creation, Argus got wormholed near Azeroth. Heroes of Azeroth Heads to Argus to deal with the Legion. Queen Azshara sees a perfect timing for her vengeance.

Unknowingly Maelstrom churned and unleashes Nazjatar. The Naga invasion and Azshara took advantage of Heroes being gone. The 3rd shaping of Azeroth with Water, land mass sinks as new Isles rises and get discovered. Heroes come back from Argus. Welcome to the Rise of New Tides of Darkness.

Wow Vanilla - BT - WotLK= Cata - MoP = WoDs = Legion

After WotLK the world of Azeroth gets to be reshaped geographically or chronomorphically.

Cata 2nd Sundering leading to MOP. WoDs dimensional and timeline reshaped with Past Dreanor. Legion as an aftermath of the 2nd Sundering and Guldan's reapearance as well as Argus now a binary planet with Azeroth.

Such planetary effect could affect rise and fall of tides, The New Tides of Darkness and continuation of Maelstrom now even more being active with the cause and effect and cummulative story progression expansion after expansion.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-08 at 09:35 PM.

This is how they're doing expansions since they released TBC and it won't change. It's pretty safe to say that we'll have an expansion every two years. If they didn't delay TBC by a few months we could count that as well because it was planned to get a 2006 release instead of 2007.

TBC - 2007
    WotLK - 2008
    Cataclysm - 2010
    Mists of Pandaria - 2012
    Warlords of Draenor - 2014
    Legion - 2016
    Expansion 7 - 2018

There is no doubt that they'll give us the expansion next year. Every expansion has a runtime of +- 24 months. Blizzard won't (=can't) change that especially not extend it to 30 months or more - the players don't want to be stuck with an expansion that long anymore.

I am very convinced there won't be a 7.4. Like others have pointed out, there's plenty of material/Lore that would support a South Seas expansion (Kul Tiras, The Undermine, Nazjatar, the Black City, etc). I am sure Blizz wouldn't do that material a disservice to all of that material by releasing it within the scope of a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is how they're doing expansions since they released TBC and it won't change. It's pretty safe to say that we'll have an expansion every two years. If they didn't delay TBC by a few months we could count that as well because it was planned to get a 2006 release instead of 2007.

TBC - 2007
    WotLK - 2008
    Cataclysm - 2010
    Mists of Pandaria - 2012
    Warlords of Draenor - 2014
    Legion - 2016
    Expansion 7 - 2018

There is no doubt that they'll give us the expansion next year. Every expansion has a runtime of +- 24 months. Blizzard won't (=can't) change that especially not extend it to 30 months or more - the players don't want to be stuck with an expansion that long anymore.
    What they have done in the past, has nothing to do with that they have said they'd do though. Doesn't really apply to the initial comment.

Guess what.

Kul Tiras is no where near south seas.

It can easily exist independently.

We could have Kul Tiras next expansion and just as easily go to Northrend.

Just FYI.

What they have done in the past, has nothing to do with that they have said they'd do though. Doesn't really apply to the initial comment.
    They said since WotLK they're planning annual expansions. In 10 years they failed to do so. Since TBC they gave us an expansion every second year. In 10 years they succeeded with that plan. I just said whats more than obvious, that we'll get an expansion every two years. Blizzard said many things but nothing really changed since we got the first expansion when it comes to release schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Jaina is a minor character at best nowadays. And may I ask how that may wrap up the Sylvanas/Genn story? I think that won't end until one of them dies to be honest lol, kind of like Jaina/Garrosh
    Jaina has been removed from Legion because Khadgar was in the spotlight. I hope Khadgar dies a painful death and we'll never see him again after Legion so Jaina can come back. She's been a major character in most expansions, just because she left in Legion doesn't mean she's doing nothing. I'm sure she's up to something BIG and there is no better time to reintroduce her or Kul'tiras together as a reckognizable force (against the Horde? The alliance?).

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I always felt like she should've had more interactions with Genn. Hell. Those two have a lot in common......
    Who knows, maybe they're teaming up in the next expansion? I mean Gilneas and Kul'tiras have some things in common and could form some kind of "alliance" as they're not even that far apart.

They ditched the 1 year old expansions, not 2 year. 2 year expansion is a healthy life I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    They ditched the 1 year old expansions, not 2 year. 2 year expansion is a healthy life I feel like.
    Again, how can you ditch something that you've never achieved in the last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, how can you ditch something that you've never achieved in the last decade?
    According to google ditch means "informal: get rid of or give up".

So they had a plan to do it, but they gave up on it. In other words they ditched it.

Personally i would love this expansion to last longer. i feel very comfortable right now and knowing that we are going to explore the planet, which's by far has been object of mystery for many years, makes me happy.

though returning from Argus to Azeroth and specifically on South Seas, brings even more joy to the expansion itself. having another raid there? i don't think that's possible. but why not? explore a new hidden zone on our plane, acquire new allies. make new bonds, new adventures and then go as an embassy to outer worlds. like, hey, we've got power, lets adjoin forces and bring the void down.

but as far as I'm concerned, expansion should stay in brackets of the theme. so, returning from argus to South Seas, would be a big runaway from the Theme of expansion. dealing stuff in Argus is the end of the "Legion"

although as a pre-patch. i have a feeling that the upcoming pre-patch is gonna be bigger than ever.

A pre expansion patch like the Broken Shore/Dalaran quest chain pre legion perhaps but a whole patch around it in the Legion expansion seems incredibly unlikely.

Argus already seems like its being set up as the end of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    No. 7.3 is the last major content patch before 8.0