Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Talk shit, get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well seeing how CNN never released his information, the people in the wrong would be the people who released CNN staff's info.
    CNN continued to say they reserved the right to do so which implied they could and would at any moment. A preemptive strike to show them how shitty and stupid they were is not wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except here is what actually happened: CNN found out who he is, and out of courtesy decided not to print his name because he asked them not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Be specific, what is fake news there?
    That is not what happened. They continued to threaten all along that they were going to do so. Much less any communication was due to them blackmailing him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That is not what happened. They continued to threaten all along that they were going to do so. Much less any communication was due to them blackmailing him.
    That was not my understanding. I was under the impression that CNN mentioned the "possible future id release" only once. Do you have something to back up that claim - I'm sincerely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That was not my understanding. I was under the impression that CNN mentioned the "possible future id release" only once. Do you have something to back up that claim - I'm sincerely interested.
    "CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again" and added "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

It was stated that CNN contacted the guy by phone and e-mail prior to his apology so it could be concluded that he possibly felt pressured to apologize depending on how they framed that conversation. They are clearly trying to use the threat of releasing his information as a tactic to control his behavior and to set an example.

For those that say that he wasn't blackmailed or bullied because he said so... do you really think that the threat of his private information being released wasn't discussed prior to him saying that?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    "CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again" and added "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

It was stated that CNN contacted the guy by phone and e-mail prior to his apology so it could be concluded that he possibly felt pressured to apologize depending on how they framed that conversation. They are clearly trying to use the threat of releasing his information as a tactic to control his behavior and to set an example.

For those that say that he wasn't blackmailed or bullied because he said so... do you really think that the threat of his private information being released wasn't discussed prior to him saying that?
    I'm aware of the story, I'm just not aware of, how did he phrase it, "they continued to threaten all along that they were going to do so" - I'm looking for a cite for this particular claim.

And please don't get me started on the fact that you don't understand the difference between doing something and not doing it. CNN did the right thing, and didn't do the wrong thing. And you, somehow, are pissed at them. Lol.

Reminds me of the time that a news station revealed the personal address information of all concealed pistol holders in an area then proceeded to get butt-hurt when someone did the same thing to him.

Keep in mind, both sides were able to get the info through legal means.

I'll file this under my "don't give a shit" category.

I'm aware of the story, I'm just not aware of, how did he phrase it, "they continued to threaten all along that they were going to do so" - I'm looking for a cite for this particular claim.

And please don't get me started on the fact that you don't understand the difference between doing something and not doing it. CNN did the right thing, and didn't do the wrong thing. And you, somehow, are pissed at them. Lol.
    At what point did I say I was mad at CNN? LOL. Come on dude, you can do better. CNN didn't do the right thing. There are hundreds of memes against CNN, but they only tracked down one guy, and why is that? Because Trump tweeted it, they were embarrassed so they lashed out. Their conduct was completely unprofessional. Yes, they didn't reveal his information but they also said that they have the right to release the information if he continues behavior that they do not approve of. That in itself is a threat and how is that the "right" thing to do? Please explain.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    At what point did I say I was mad at CNN? LOL. Come on dude, you can do better. CNN didn't do the right thing. There are hundreds of memes against CNN, but they only tracked down one guy, and why is that? Because Trump tweeted it, they were embarrassed so they lashed out. Their conduct was completely unprofessional. Yes, they didn't reveal his information but they also said that they have the right to release the information if he continues behavior that they do not approve of. That in itself is a threat and how is that the "right" thing to do? Please explain.
    CNN did the right thing, and didn't do the wrong thing. As soon as you can get past that blatant reality, we can discuss further. Until then, punishing anyone for something they didn't do, just as they also did the right thing, is something I'm going to avoid.

Or was it unprofessional to do the right thing?
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-07-13 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN did the right thing, and didn't do the wrong thing. As soon as you can get past that blatant reality, we can discuss further. Until then, punishing anyone one for something they didn't do, just as they also did the right thing, is something I'm going to avoid.

Or was it unprofessional to do the right thing?
    The right thing would have been to report the news like journalists and let the chips fall where they may without this attempt at showing moral superiority and then stomping on it with a veiled threat at the end. Just the facts: President lied, meme created on reddit by this man X, who also made these hate-filled violence promoting posts, refused interview.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    How long will investors stay with CNN, I wonder.

CNN is nearing a point where they are a real life meme and no one takes them serious anymore.
    Not just for this incident, but how it developed itself in the last years didn't do it any good.

I think the biggest problem here is that when people talk about big corporations they forget it's actually regular humans working there. You guys talk about CNN "getting hit", what is CNN? It's a news corporation made up of a bunch of people. But you talk about CNN like it's not human. This is not something new though, happens all the time, you de-humanize the big bad corporation.

What you got now is real people with real lives having their families threatened by right-wing crazies, where there's at least that one guy that is actually retarded and would act upon his own threats. CNN as an organization might have been stupid to underestimate the autism of Reddit-readers or Trump-fans. But what they did wasn't illegal, because if it was, they would've been sued already. And not by the guy himself, but by anyone who has just been waiting for CNN to make a mistake, IT wasn't ILLEGAL. And I'm pretty sure that they counselled a lawyer before publishing something similar due to the nature of the article, the length companies go to make sure they can't be punished is extensive.

But congratulations, you've put regular people (99% weren't even involved in said article) in the crossfire of actually dangerous people that can't tell the difference between CNN as a news org and actual humans working there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    I think the biggest problem here is that when people talk about big corporations they forget it's actually regular humans working there. You guys talk about CNN "getting hit", what is CNN? It's a news corporation made up of a bunch of people. But you talk about CNN like it's not human. This is not something new though, happens all the time, you de-humanize the big bad corporation.

What you got now is real people with real lives having their families threatened by right-wing crazies, where there's at least that one guy that is actually retarded and would act upon his own threats. CNN as an organization might have been stupid to underestimate the autism of Reddit-readers or Trump-fans. But what they did wasn't illegal, because if it was, they would've been sued already. And not by the guy himself, but by anyone who has just been waiting for CNN to make a mistake, IT wasn't ILLEGAL. And I'm pretty sure that they counselled a lawyer before publishing something similar due to the nature of the article, the length companies go to make sure they can't be punished is extensive.

But congratulations, you've put regular people (99% weren't even involved in said article) in the crossfire of actually dangerous people that can't tell the difference between CNN as a news org and actual humans working there.
    Releasing public information into the public isn't illegal either. Certainly if those releasing the information on the CNN employees were committing a crime they would have been arrested by now and CNN would be talking about it.

Look what happened to that Congressman... information about what and where they were was released and someone showed up and shot them, and that shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, or has Sanders now been labeled as 'right wing'?

Thing is, if you are going to threaten people with having their information released, then you stand a good chance of people finding out about it and showing you what it feels like.

The intelligent course of action here would have been for CNN not to be so butthurt and reported the news. Should have left the meme creator alone and no one would have thought it necessary to respond to CNN's non-response with the public dissemination of public information about CNN employees.

CNN fucked up badly, and the internet responded with a fuck up of their own. A pox on both of their houses.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Releasing public information into the public isn't illegal either. Certainly if those releasing the information on the CNN employees were committing a crime they would have been arrested by now and CNN would be talking about it.

Look what happened to that Congressman... information about what and where they were was released and someone showed up and shot them, and that shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, or has Sanders now been labeled as 'right wing'?

Thing is, if you are going to threaten people with having their information released, then you stand a good chance of people finding out about it and showing you what it feels like.

The intelligent course of action here would have been for CNN not to be so butthurt and reported the news. Should have left the meme creator alone and no one would have thought it necessary to respond to CNN's non-response with the public dissemination of public information about CNN employees.

CNN fucked up badly, and the internet responded with a fuck up of their own. A pox on both of their houses.
    It's not illegal but fucked up given the context of the article and the reddit thread. "Here's a bunch of random CNN employees, go at em boys!". Did i say "only right-wing crazies" or why are you telling me the Bernie Sanders bullshit. There's just no reason for a Sanders supporter (left-wing) to help a Trump-cause, thats why i didn't include left-wing crazies. Thought that was obvious.

The problem i have with "showing you what it feels like"-deal here is that you have people on that list being completely innocent in this entire shitshow and their only fault is working at CNN. Sure it might have been unnecessary by CNN to write that sentence (they didn't release his name), but what Reddit did is magnitudes worse because they involved people that weren't even involved in it from the get-go. That's the most fucked up part about this.

If you think random employee from New York deserves to get killed (if it goes that far) for working at CNN you've lost it. The only reason for thinking this is a good idea is if you don't realize that there's actual humans behind the CNN logo. Most of which didn't even have a say in the article.
    Last edited by Krille; 2017-07-13 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not illegal but fucked up given the context of the article and the reddit thread. "Here's a bunch of random CNN employees, go at em boys!". Did i say "only right-wing crazies" or why are you telling me the Bernie Sanders bullshit. There's just no reason for a Sanders supporter (left-wing) to help a Trump-cause, thats why i didn't include left-wing crazies. Thought that was obvious.

The problem i have with "showing you what it feels like"-deal here is that you have people on that list being completely innocent in this entire shitshow and their only fault is working at CNN. Sure it might have been unnecessary by CNN to write that sentence (they didn't release his name), but what Reddit did is magnitudes worse because they involved people that weren't even involved in it from the get-go. That's the most fucked up part about this.

If you think random employee from New York deserves to get killed (if it goes that far) for working at CNN you've lost it. The only reason for thinking this is a good idea is if you don't realize that there's actual humans behind the CNN logo. Most of which didn't even have a say in the article.
    I am certain I was quite clear that CNN fucked up and so did the internet... Isn't that what I said? So I am unsure where you extracted the idea that I approve of anything that happened. if you think I said that anyone deserved to be hurt you definately didn't read what I wrote, and instead read something you made up yourself.

the problem with your handwaving is you dont know who was involved in what, regardless, the whole thing from the beginning has been handled worse than 3rd graders. Again, I'll repeat, a pox on both of their houses.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well this all started because CNN couldn't take a joke, and clearly they didn't get the memo that a large number of people who frequent reddit are batshit insane and will retaliate like this. I'm not excusing what people on reddit did because it's messed up, but it's the scorpion and the frog.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I am certain I was quite clear that CNN fucked up and so did the internet... Isn't that what I said? So I am unsure where you extracted the idea that I approve of anything that happened. if you think I said that anyone deserved to be hurt you definately didn't read what I wrote, and instead read something you made up yourself.

the problem with your handwaving is you dont know who was involved in what, regardless, the whole thing from the beginning has been handled worse than 3rd graders. Again, I'll repeat, a pox on both of their houses.
    It wasn't meant as "you, as in Seranthor" but more like you as a person regardless. I don't think i need to know who did what to understand that innocent people got involved by people in that reddit thread. You deal with CNN as a corporation, you either sue them or start a campaign to stop reading CNN news. You don't go after regular people working at CNN, because almost always they will be innocent and the decision to ship a story is taken by someone higher up.

Never said CNN was in the right to write that they will take action if necessary. But they could've just released his name instead, they didn't. Reddit actually published names and addresses of INNOCENT people. To me it's blatantly clear that Reddit once again missed their mark. To some people this is "justice" because they think they hit CNN by putting regular employees in the crossfire of maniacs. It's so dumb i don't even know where to start.
    Last edited by Krille; 2017-07-13 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't meant as "you, as in Seranthor" but more like you as a person regardless. I don't think i need to know who did what to understand that innocent people got involved by people in that reddit thread. You deal with CNN as a corporation, you either sue them or start a campaign to stop reading CNN news. You don't go after regular people working at CNN, because almost always they will be innocent and the decision to ship a story is taken by someone higher up.

Never said CNN was in the right to write that they will take action if necessary. But they could've just released his name instead, they didn't. Reddit actually published names and addresses of INNOCENT people. To me it's blatantly clear that Reddit once again missed their mark.
    I understand what you are saying, I really do. However, it is quite clear you are hopelessly hung up on what you are saying and you really dont care what anyone else is saying. So I'll stop wasting my time and your time in continuing this discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Who are you talking about? Post proof that all the people who doxxed CNN are the SAME people who're against CNN doxxing. You assume way to much way too often.
    Consider the following, and you might (being overly optimistic here) understand why your question is pointless:

WHY did the reddit trolls do this to CNN? Undoubtedly because they were upset that CNN "threatened" to "doxx" the meme creator.
    HOW did they display their displeasure? By doing the exact same thing as CNN threatened to do, in order to punish them (when in fact all they did was out CNN reporters who may have had nothing to do with this issue at all).

And just to add this answer to your WHO: The bigoted trumpkin reddit trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Consider the following, and you might (being overly optimistic here) understand why your question is pointless:

WHY did the reddit trolls do this to CNN? Undoubtedly because they were upset that CNN "threatened" to "doxx" the meme creator.
    HOW did they display their displeasure? By doing the exact same thing as CNN threatened to do, in order to punish them (when in fact all they did was out CNN reporters who may have had nothing to do with this issue at all).

And just to add this answer to your WHO: The bigoted trumpkin reddit trolls.
    How do you know they are Trumpkins? The anger for the CNN article was not a Partisan issue, there was many people on the left who didn't like it either. Because people with common sense knows it could be them next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Well this all started because CNN couldn't take a joke, and clearly they didn't get the memo that a large number of people who frequent reddit are batshit insane and will retaliate like this. I'm not excusing what people on reddit did because it's messed up, but it's the scorpion and the frog.
    I think it happened because the the user posted racist stuff too so they were going to try to tie him to Trump. Basically this is CNN logic

"Hey he shared a Chris Brown song, he must love to beat women" so therefore by Trump sharing this memer's post this means Trump is a racist.

Moron Logic 101

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post

WHY did the reddit trolls do this to CNN? Undoubtedly
    Beware of people who have no doubts.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side