Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

SPOILERS: Did Sylvanas manipulate Vol'jin's handover of power?

Maybe her own links to the spirit world were used to deceive his?

"Varimathras taunts Horde
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Could be, or not.

Varimathras is the definition of unreliable. If you want the truth, the last thing you would ever ask is a dreadlord.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It is interesting tidbit from Varimathras, but I really doubt she is powerful enough to pull something like that off.

There have been rumours that someone/something else had a hand in it - for example an Old God, to manipulate him into thinking that picking an "unstable" leader in such dire times is a good idea.
    As to her having something to do with it.. in my opinion it's highly unlikely.

Or maybe an Old God did it for her because the Void Lords wanted her in charge? We need an independent counsel!

- - - Updated - - -

Void Lords meddling in Horde elections!

It would make more sense that the Legion manipulated Vol'jin while he was fed poisoned into thinking the Loa told him to pass to Sylvanas.
    Vol'jin is no stranger to the Loa's, it's doubtful Sylvanas could fit into that situation. Him being fel poisoned at the time, that seems more plausible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is interesting tidbit from Varimathras, but I really doubt she is powerful enough to pull something like that off.
    Well he was just a few seconds off being dead, so who knows, maybe she managed to do something. I am VERY doubtful about it though, part of me just want to think that he chose her to be the Warchief because he knows she's up to bad stuff and since she's the new Warchief, everyone will put more focus on her and give her less chance to go do stuff unnoticed. SADLY that didn't work out eeeither...

"You are blind to the darkness in your midst."

Thinking this is a reference to Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    What if varimathas serves mudmug and it was their plan all along ? He manipulates sylvanas to manipulate vol'jin so mudmug can take over horde when its weakened ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

Its probably reference to mudmug.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if varimathas serves mudmug and it was their plan all along ? He manipulates sylvanas to manipulate vol'jin so mudmug can take over horde when its weakened ?

- - - Updated - - -

Its probably reference to mudmug.
    I welcome our mudbug overlords

- - - Updated - - -

Will Mudbug lead the Horde to glory?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    There have been rumours that someone/something else had a hand in it - for example an Old God, to manipulate him into thinking that picking an "unstable" leader in such dire times is a good idea.
    As to her having something to do with it.. in my opinion it's highly unlikely.
    rumors implied that people think that in game. Theories would be the better word.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from a demon who's been locked up in prison for his failures. The same demon who created the events of the Wrathgate and tried to turn everyone on the Forsaken and the Horde. Yeah I aint buying Varimathras' crap. Sylvanas showed genuine concern for Vol'jin in the cinematics if Blizzard wants to go that route I aint exactly fond of it. My current answer is no. My future answer could be a maybe. But I am not going to fall for the demon's lies.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok seriously guys. We find him in worse state than female protagonist of R-18+ doujin are at page 50 onwards. Its obvious he is bullshitting us to feel better about ourselves.

Also think about it that way. At that point he probably just wants us to get fucked. Than if he really knew something why would he warns us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Could be, or not.

Varimathras is the definition of unreliable. If you want the truth, the last thing you would ever ask is a dreadlord.
    Dont bother with logic like that. Clearly Old Gods, Dreadlords and other habitual lying entities are always dropping lore reveals to be taken as fact.

Not to mention Sylvanas is the one who made Varimathras kill other dreadlords. Which is apparently a big no no.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2017-07-07 at 11:41 PM.

I like to think that Sylvanas forgot about Varimathras after the Battle for Undercity, and his "So, she found me at last" comment is just him elevating his own self-importance. Her response to hearing about him being on Argus would probably be something like "Oh, he was still around? Cool." and then forget about him again.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Not to mention Sylvanas is the one who made Varimathras kill other dreadlords. Which is apparently a big no no.
    That was to fool Sylvanas into thinking Varimathras was utterly loyal to her.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-08 at 12:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Could be, or not.

Dreadlords in general are never to be trusted. They are notoriously cunning and manipulative and are always actively seeking to twist every situation they're in to their advantage. They even openly admit to their nature with phrases like "How will this benefit me?" and "I'm always on the winning side."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Duh It has been known for some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

Does that makes sense after the above statements? I thought this was a segment of lines in sequence is it not? He is clearly talking about Sylvanas.

What's funny is that it really is true. The devotion horde players have to her despite her sins is quite amazing. She will betray everyone, its just a matter of when.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-07 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemion Demento View Post
    "I'm always on the winning side."
    Varimathas seems to be extremely bad at this one.