Switch target if out of range macro

Im not sure if i did a similar thread before , i need a macro where if my target is out of range the spell will be casted to another target or myself.

Something like:

/cast Raid1 Prayer of Mending
    /cast Raid2 Prayer of Mending
    /cast [player@] Prayer of Mending

This is not possible. There is no range check in macro conditions.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

If I recall correctly, this was how the addon Decursive used to work before they overhauled their entire Addon/macro/script-system. Which they did in either 1.12 or 2.0, I forget.

This is not longer possible and would likely fall under or close to botting or automating gameplay.

This hasn't anything to do with a Range-Check, guys. You don't need a macro to check the range to other players or targets. It's enough to read out if the Spell is castable or gives you the result "Target is out of range". That's just 2 conditions. If...then...if not...then...end.

Unfortunately I'm not as advanced in writing macros, Weakauras is my place to be, so I dont know exactly if it is possible via macro. But even if not, this has nothing to do with a range-check.

That requires Lua and is not possible in a secure macro environment. It is a range check.

Sure it requires Lua, but it only checks if Spell is in Range or not. I guess you could argue both ways what's classified as a range-check. Maybe my definition of it is a bit off the cliff here, as for me a range check can tell you the exact range to a target.

My first step would be sth like

function()
    if(IsSpellInRange("SPELL", "target") == 1) then
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end

to check if the target is in range of that specific spell. Some time ago I found a code that let Weakauras control hotkey-activation.

That Lua does work as intended, but you will not be able to "legally" use it to automate spell casting based on range. I agree with your definition of range check; checking if a spell is out of range is also a range check.

Mh..I guess you're right. The problem isn't the possibility, but you can't achieve it legally. So I shouldn't think about it anymore. I don't want to be in charge for illegal stuff^^

I put "legally" in quotes because it's just whether or not it's against Blizzard's rules, not actually an issue with the law.

Of course, but I don't want to feel guilty if sb gets banned because he uses stuff that's against blizz terms.