Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Is the one dead the baby that was lost?...

If not then wouldn't it be two dead?...
    There was no baby. It was a fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    No, I asked because I wasn't sure if they were making the joke or not. If the joke was over my head, I wouldn't have understood that it was a possibility. It is also possible that a person simply doesn't know that they can determine a baby's gender about halfway through pregnancy if a person doesn't have children, doesn't have close friends who have children, and never cared much about the whole pregnancy scenario in general.

Rather than assuming one or the other, I was asking. That I asked implies that understand the potential for a joke about 'Did you just assume my gender?!' but am not sure IF that joke is in fact the intent.

Try again.
    Gender is not determined by what parts you are born with these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    What is a gender reveal party? Sounds silly.
    Phew, thanks for asking. I was wondering the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Is the one dead the baby that was lost?...

If not then wouldn't it be two dead?...
    Urgh.. I guess they are at least consequent. Maybe it wasn't old enough.
    Might also be that they haven't confirmed that, as it was only told be family members.

Either way, I wonder if we will ever hear the reason behind this.. even if such a party is moronic, certainly not death worthy.
    I'm sorry for the people that got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There was no baby. It was a fetus.
    Not sure when in the pregnancy this party was, but in Norway the reveal party is usually more towards the end of the pregnancy. So it would be a baby.

Oh and even if it was a 5 week "old" baby, try telling the parents that "hey chill, only a fetus that died, right? Lololol"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Phew, thanks for asking. I was wondering the same.

Urgh.. I guess they are at least consequent. Maybe it wasn't old enough.
    Might also be that they haven't confirmed that, as it was only told be family members.

Either way, I wonder if we will ever hear the reason behind this.. even if such a party is moronic, certainly not death worthy.
    I'm sorry for the people that got involved.
    How is it moronic to have a gender reveal party? I honestly don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Leave it to MMO-C-posters to turn this into a "what a silly thing to have a party for!"-topic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It is silly, but a lot more couples are doing them now. They are usually a party where you get all your friends and family together to find out what you are having. In some situations, the couple themselves don't even know until the big reveal. In those cases, they work with the doctor and a 3rd party who would get the information first and the reveal is done with various methods. Sometimes with baked good with pink or blue frosting. Sometimes balloons. Whatever idea thw couple comes up with. My cousin did that for her two kids.
    Does it make me a bad friend that I'd find that so tedious to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Leave it to MMO-C-posters to turn this into a "what a silly thing to have a party for!"-topic...
    What else would we talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Is there something wrong about bringing gifts?
    No.

There is something wrong with creating new "events" that obligate people to bring gifts, though. At which point they are no longer gifts so much as a "suggested donation."

Quote Originally Posted by MissileMech View Post
    Gender is not determined by what parts you are born with these days.

COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Two men opened fire on a party where a pregnant woman revealed her child's gender, killing one person and wounding eight, including the expectant mother and three children, authorities said.

The pregnant woman tells WXIX-TV she lost her baby after being shot in the leg around 11:30 p.m. Saturday in Colerain Township, near Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the woman told guests before the shooting it was a boy.

Police are searching for the gunmen, who were dressed in black when they broke into the home while guests were watching a movie.

It is not known if those behind the shooting knew the victims, but police said they fired into the party at random, CBS affiliate WKRC-TV reports.

scene.jpg
    Police investigate the Cincinnati-area home where multiple people were shot on Saturday, July 8, 2017. WKRC-TV
    The children are hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries. The five adults were treated at a Cincinnati hospital, where one is listed in critical condition.

"I did talk to the officer that was the first one on the scene and he just said it was horrific," police spokesman James Love told reporters. "He said it was something that was unimaginable, and when he started for calling for help, he said, 'what do I say? I need ambulances, I need people to help me out here.'"

The Cincinnati Police investigative unit is assisting the Colerain Township Police Department with the investigation.

Not the worst looking home.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    What else would we talk about?
    Well when we don't know anything else about this, not much else to discuss, there's already a thread for gun control so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    And people have parties for that?
    Yes, its kind of a big deal.....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Not sure when in the pregnancy this party was, but in Norway the reveal party is usually more towards the end of the pregnancy. So it would be a baby.

Oh and even if it was a 5 week "old" baby, try telling the parents that "hey chill, only a fetus that died, right? Lololol"
    Yeah but it is not considered a dead person.

Might be just me. The threshold for celebration-worthy events is a bit higher where I'm from.

My heart goes out to the injured/dead, but TBH this does sound pretty silly to me, especially given that there's this thing already called a BABY SHOWER. While I'm not 100% familiar for when to throw (a baby shower) in the pregnancy, why not just combine the two? Showers should be for when you find out the (birthed) gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Does it make me a bad friend that I'd find that so tedious to go to?
    I find this tedious and silly too, but it'd greatly depend on how well I know the friend:
    - Best Friend: Um, you go to these things regardless. That's why they're your best friend, right?
    - Close Friend: Depends how close. Closer to Best Friend? Closer to just a normal friend? I'm sure they won't mind if the latter.
    - Friend/Acquaintance/Co-Worker/Friend of Friend: Why did you get invited to something so tedious again?
    - Got invited by a friend as the mother is your friend's best friend and you're totally into this friend to make babies of your own with: Consider it a date if you're that into them. You'll score some brownie points from both said friend and the friend's bestie.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    For a brief few minutes I thought a gender reveal party was some kind of Tumblr thing where everyone claims they sexually identify as an attack helicopter.

Then I realised it was probably something normal. Such a strange world we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know it seems like a lot of these people it hurts them to celebrate anything.

What's a gender reveal party? They show the baby's genitals and everyone erupts in cheers?

Pretty sure only the child can tell folks what gender they are these days...but I suppose it's ok for the parents to hope.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    What's a gender reveal party? They show the baby's genitals and everyone erupts in cheers?
    From the people I know of who have done it, they have the ultrasound where you can determine the baby's gender but the parents don't find out. Instead they have the information sent to some other place and have a party where they find out what the gender is. The two I've heard is a cake that you cut and is either pink or blue inside or they have a big grey balloon and you pop it and inside is a smaller pink or blue balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski
    Pretty sure only the child can tell folks what gender they are these days...but I suppose it's ok for the parents to hope.
    The child is telling them by displaying genitals. Until the child is born, talking, and developing into an adolescent that is the only information the parents have to go on, so they work with whats they gots.