Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Some of these really do sound like "Only in the USA" things.
    Well I am an American. I can't speak for the rest of the world. Aren't there parties for circumcising babies? I guess a public stoning of a homosexual or disobedient woman could also be considered a party...though only if drinks and food are served I guess.

I also forgot TV viewing parties.

Deleted
    I once saw a wedding, pregnant lady got stabbed in the gut multiple times, was horrible.

But seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this world today? Who goes to a gender reveal party and shoots people, including kids???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Well I am an American. I can't speak for the rest of the world. Aren't there parties for circumcising babies? I guess a public stoning of a homosexual or disobedient woman could also be considered a party...though only if drinks and food are served I guess.

I also forgot TV viewing parties.
    Yeah, male mutilation and public stoning are not much of a thing in Europe overall. I think you are thinking of the USA and Middle East respectively.

Could it be Americans like to refer to any kind of social gathering as a party? Would cracking open a cold one with the guys be considered a party?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissileMech View Post
    Gender is not determined by what parts you are born with these days.
    While I understand where this is coming from, it's also an asinine point in this context.

When a baby is born its gender is, to all intents and purposes, determined by its genitals. It's a big deal for many parents to know whether they have a boy or a girl. The fact that there is a ~1% chance that in 10-20 years time the child (or young adult) will realise that he/she is of a different gender to what his/her genitals say is entirely irrelevant at a gender reveal party.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, male mutilation and public stoning are not much of a thing in Europe overall. I think you are thinking of the USA and Middle East respectively.

Could it be Americans like to refer to any kind of social gathering as a party? Would cracking open a cold one with the guys be considered a party?
    The only requirement for something to be a party is that it is in celebration of something.

Finding out whether you're expecting a boy or girl is something worthy of celebration because it's an exciting realisation. This should be obvious to most people.

Deleted
    What kind of a stupid thing is a gender reveal party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The only requirement for something to be a party is that it is in celebration of something.

Finding out whether you're expecting a boy or girl is something worthy of celebration because it's an exciting realisation. This should be obvious to most people.
    Yes, I do know what a party is, don't get me wrong. I'm just exposing my feeling of surprise regarding the fact that people would celebrate such a thing via a social gathering based on the fact that I've never heard of it before and personally find it a bit ridiculous.

It's just an opinion. Having lived in the USA for a few years, I came to notice that people will organize "parties" for reasons quite mundane and/or unusual compared to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Great way to troll the parents: Use the colors in reverse, as they were originally
    Or a 'neutral' color, like green or yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil
    What kind of a stupid thing is a gender reveal party.
    That has been answered several times in this thread already. I mean, come on, Stormwind basically runs itself these days, you have plenty of time to conduct due diligence. Or at least get one of your advisers to look it up.

So was it a boy or girl? Sorry I had too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    That has been answered several times in this thread already. I mean, come on, Stormwind basically runs itself these days, you have plenty of time to conduct due diligence. Or at least get one of your advisers to look it up.
    It was a rhetorical question. I mean, come on. You can know that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, I wonder if they are Obama colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It was a rhetorical question. I mean, come on. You can know that.
    I've learned on these forums to assume nothing, even when royalty is involved.

ESPECIALLY when royalty is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MissileMech View Post
    Gender is not determined by what parts you are born with these days.
    Actually, it is. You confuse it with what people think their gender is and whether they would change it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

OMG people still go outside?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Pretty sure it's when a pregnant woman reveals what her baby will be.
    Are they assuming the baby's gender?

That's such an awful thing to do.

I really hate people sometimes. I hope they catch the perpetrators soon and they end up getting corn-holed in prison.

And people have parties for that?
    Yup. My Wife tends to get creative with them.

Last time we had one, she got blue and pink balloons and filled them with confetti of the color matching the real gender of our baby.

When it came time for the guests to guess the gender of our baby before the reveal, each guest chose a balloon.

Once everyone had one, they popped them for the reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Pretty sure it's when a pregnant woman reveals what her baby will be.
    It should be illegal to find out before your baby is born. It should always be a surprise. And I dont want to hear some bullshit about how it makes it easier to buy clothes or paint a room. You can buy gender neutral stuff and then get gender appropriate stuff when they outgrow it, which they do quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It should be illegal to find out before your baby is born. It should always be a surprise. And I dont want to hear some bullshit about how it makes it easier to buy clothes or paint a room. You can buy gender neutral stuff and then get gender appropriate stuff when they outgrow it, which they do quickly
    Illegal? Really? Are we talking fines? Jail time? Community service?

Also, how is finding out early somehow not a surprise? Since either way you didn't know, then suddenly you do, its a surprise whether its at 20 weeks or 40.

What if your wife's sister is due around the same time, and you need to coordinate hand-me-downs from other members of the family? Oh, wait, nevermind that's bullshit, you can skip that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It should be illegal to find out before your baby is born.
    why? /10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    And people wonder why I don't like people at all.

So what was the reason for a shooting at a gender reveal party?

When I read the title I thought it was about an adult coming out as trans or something and some maniac starting shooting over it.