View Poll Results: Should Mythic raiding be a blizzard store option?

Voters
218. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 24.31%
  • No

165 75.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think this is an appropriate picture to describe the OPs feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    WoW isn't worth the $15 a month people are charged for,
    The fuck?

WoW's worth the 12 euro I pay each month times 100 in terms of hours I get... Literally not a single other activity costs me that little per month. Not even running!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    I am of the thought that mythic raiding should be a real money only option from the blizz store. Since such a small amount of players ever actually do this , would be a good way to fund some other content imo
    Troll post and bait but goddam if that doesn't make some kind of sense. Only downside would be blizzard absolutely WOULD gut the rest of wow to incentivise people. No more tier, no more gear skins, Nothing for those unwilling to pay 60 bucks every 2-3 years, 15 a month and then 59.99USD three or four times an expansion for raids
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. Such a small portion of the playerbase ever steps into Mythic raiding (3% usually?) that they should do something to make that content justify the resources spent on it. Far more effort is spent tuning and balancing that content for 3% of the players than on content for everyone else.

It should perhaps be an arena tournament realm style cash purchase also where everyone has template characters, would allow for tighter tuning and you'd have less issues with Mythic guilds account sharing and buying characters and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The fuck?

WoW's worth the 12 euro I pay each month times 100 in terms of hours I get... Literally not a single other activity costs me that little per month. Not even running!
    Considering that you pay (more than!) the cost of the expansion for each content patch... It just feels bittersweet when you come to that realization.

Especially if you look at the shittier/slower expansions like WoD. Even looking at Legion you're still spending a lot per patch.

Regardless, the only reason I'm still around is because the game throws gold at you and WoW tokens are a thing. If they weren't, I wouldn't still be playing because it's not worth $15/month to me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Not even close to Jaylock's bait level.

I am of the thought that mythic raiding should be a real money only option from the blizz store. Since such a small amount of players ever actually do this , would be a good way to fund some other content imo
    No. Mythic raiding is not a major step up, in terms of development resources requirement. There may be new ability and tuning required but I doubt it cost that much to include it above raiding.

Whether raiding itself should be paid content is another question entirely.

I've got a better idea.
    Let's bar the access to all the end-game content behind the special vouchers. Each voucher would cost about 15 Euro and get you temporary access to a certain type of content. Want to do some raiding? Buy a Raid Voucher and you can do so for the following week. Want some PvP? A BG Voucher or an Arena Voucher. Want some mythic+? A Dungeon Voucher is waiting for you. Oh, and bosses would no longer drop loot. It would now come from chests which can only be unlocked with special keys sold on the Blizzard store.
    You would also get an insane amount of non-stackable loot crates from any world content you'd be doing which would require the very same keys. So you'd better buy those keys lest your inventory will be spammed by the crates and become unusable.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-07-09 at 07:40 PM.

if WoW becomes F2P sure , if not HELL NO

Raiding as a whole should be paid content, and every raid should come with a prize tag of 20 dollars.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah yes! Let's but the game, then buy a part of the game, then pay monthly to access it!

...The increndible thing is, they would cash in more that way since less than 10% of the paying playerbase cares about current Mythic content.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    that has got to be the dumbest thread i have EVER seen on mmo-c EVER

It beats all of Jaylocks threads by miles
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a rhetorical question guys, no need to fly off the handle .
    Then why did you post it? Do you like seeing stupid people say stupid things? Jesus Christ consumers are fucking retarded. I never thought I would see a day where people would advocate to pay more money for less content.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Considering that you pay (more than!) the cost of the expansion for each content patch... It just feels bittersweet when you come to that realization.

Especially if you look at the shittier/slower expansions like WoD. Even looking at Legion you're still spending a lot per patch.

Regardless, the only reason I'm still around is because the game throws gold at you and WoW tokens are a thing. If they weren't, I wouldn't still be playing because it's not worth $15/month to me.
    Meh, people purchasing tokens net them more profit in the end, so it's not a bad thing I suppose that people support the market for them.

But nope, your "realization" still tells me that WoW @ 12 euros monthly is the single best value hobby I've got in terms of money spent vs hours had per month.

Or you could get good at the game and then you would not have to be salty about the real raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not bad idea, we they could also add the possibility to unlock LFR wings by paying 20euros to unlock an wing (75euro for an 4pack) on week 1 of an tier instead of waiting.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Make non-gathering professions a store thing most people have no need outside of gathering at least they can make gold off of the people that do pay for it
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

I about died laughing

Of course this would bite me in the ass and make token prices a solid 1 mil to compensate 9_9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Then why did you post it? Do you like seeing stupid people say stupid things? Jesus Christ consumers are fucking retarded. I never thought I would see a day where people would advocate to pay more money for less content.
    I'm giving this thread a 10/10 because people are actually taking it seriously.

Such tasty bait, No it shouldn't, hiding expansion content behind a paywall is retarded.

I've seen games where they have a "piecemeal" option to purchase stuff like raids/quests/etc, basically deluxe content patches...

Paying a monthly sub gives you access to all content, but paying a onetime fee gives you that content permanently regardless of sub status.

I doubt this would work effectively in WoW, though.