Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

CNN Slides To #13 In Cable Rankings

Link to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/06/cn...able-rankings/

Link to ratings: https://www.scribd.com/document/3530...dium=affiliate

CHUCK ROSS
    Reporter
    3:06 PM 07/06/2017

CNN has fallen to #13 in cable TV rankings, according to weekly numbers posted on Thursday by TV Newser.

The ratings slide comes as the network has come under heavy scrutiny for a variety of journalistic missteps, including the retraction of an article alleging that a Trump associate had illicit Russian business ties.

Fox News and MSNBC are listed as first and second, respectively, in the cable rankings, which measured average audience sizes for the period between June 26 and July 2. Fox News drew an audience of around 1.82 million while MSNBC drew an audience of 1.34 million. CNN had only 711,000 viewers on an average day during the measurement period.

Fox News has maintained the top spot over the past five TV Newser rankings analyzed by The Daily Caller. MSNBC has bounced between the second and third position while CNN has steadily fallen from sixth to thirteenth over the past month.

The network has slipped in another important category.

For the week ended June 4, CNN was viewed by 1.0 percent of all households, on average. Fox News was watched by 2.0 percent while 1.3 percent of households watched MSNBC. But for the most recent week, CNN was watched by just 0.8 percent of households. Fox News and MSNBC were viewed by 2.1 percent and 1.5 percent of households, respectively.

While it is impossible to determine from the rankings what caused CNN’s relative decline, last week was a tough one for the network. Early in the week, the network forced three of its reporters to resign over the retracted article, which alleged that Trump associate Anthony Scaramucci was under investigation by the Senate Intelligence Committee for Russian business ties.

CNN was also hit last week with the release of several undercover videos published by conservative muckraker James O’Keefe. The video series showed a CNN health unit producer dismissing the network’s coverage of the investigation into President Trump’s possible ties to Russia as “bullshit.”

O’Keefe also released a video last week showing CNN contributor Van Jones calling the Russia story a “nothingburger.”

The most recent cable rankings do not reflect the latest controversy to hit CNN. The network came under fire on Tuesday after it published an article which appeared to threaten to publicly identify an anonymous social media user who took credit for making a spoof video showing Trump beating up another man with a CNN logo superimposed over his face.

Trump tweeted the video on Friday. By Tuesday, the network had tracked down the maker of the video for an interview. In an article about the man, CNN stated that it was not publicly identifying the man behind the video but that the network reserved the right to do so at a later date. Many observers took CNN to task for what appeared to be a threat against the man.

Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr., numerous White House officials and supporters of the Republican have hammered CNN over the series of errors.

Wow, it looks like fake news is starting to sink the former media giant. I wonder how long until they fire their CEO/tabloid editor? Surely the shareholders won't put with this for long, and the advertisers for even less. CNN is even losing to two different discovery channels. SAD!

Its amazing to me how much Trumpettes care about something like this.

Is this something like when a Husband gets sympathy pains for his wife in labor? Just substitute "pains" with "unbridled retarded rage at being called out for being a laughable buffoon" and "husband" with "sycophant" and "wife" with "Trump?"

Who gives a fuck. CNN sucks. But what's even sadder than CNN is your guys' hate boner for it. That's what's SAD.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-07 at 04:53 AM.

"The mainstream media is librul trash!"
    "Fox News has the highest ratings! 'Murica!!!!"

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its amazing to me how much Trumpettes care about something like this.

Is this something like when a Husband gets sympathy pains for his wife in labor? Just substitute "pains" with "unbridled retarded rage at being called out for being a laughable buffoon" and "husband" with "sycophant" and "wife" with Trump?

Who gives a fuck. CNN sucks. But what's even sadder than CNN is your guys' hate boner for it.
    Endus kicked his ass in a climate change thread. Had to fall back to stalwart bash the librul media thread.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Endus kicked his ass in a climate change thread. Had to fall back to stalwart bash the librul media thread.
    I heard that CNNbashing is quite popular on stormfront and other neonazi sties as well.

Could it be someone is copy pasting from their other favorite forums.... naw.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2017-07-07 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well endus should focus on his moderation first. Because he sucks at that.

The thing that pissed me off is the fact they wanted to dox someone over a gif....
    Well it seems to have backfired so maybe they will think next time before they threaten internet nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well endus should focus on his moderation first. Because he sucks at that.

The thing that pissed me off is the fact they wanted to dox someone over a gif....
    Everyone likes to point out that the guy's in his mid to late 30s' and posts a ton of racist and anti-semite gifs and doesn't deserve our sympathy, they conveniently forgot that CNN only started looking for the guy because of that silly wrestlemania photoshop gif.

They didn't start their crusade against a known racist, they started it because they couldn't take a joke.

/see's Fox news is at the top

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT WING OR CONSERVATIVE MEDIA IN THE MSM NO SIREEE! MMMNMMM NOT IN THIS COUNTRY!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /see's Fox news is at the top

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT WING OR CONSERVATIVE MEDIA IN THE MSM NO SIREEE! MMMNMMM NOT IN THIS COUNTRY!
    People are getting tired of fake news, and switching from CNN to Fox and MSNBC, clearly.

anyone calming fox news is somehow less biased or narrative driven then CNN needs to either get their heads checked or promptly removed from their asses, just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am astounded that Fox News managed to get this title five years in a row, considering how little reliable they are, if at all.

But I suppose that CNN in 13th place is a win in itself, so there's that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Only old people and alt-reich trolls care about ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I heard that CNNbashing is quite popular on stormfront and other neonazi sties as well.

Could it be someone is copy pasting from their other favorite forums.... naw.
    what.

thats a little on the crazy side dude. lol if stormfront likes taco bell, and so do you, are you a nazi now? jesus. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I am astounded that Fox News managed to get this title five years in a row, considering how little reliable they are, if at all.

But I suppose that CNN in 13th place is a win in itself, so there's that.
    Yeah, I mean CNN did beat out Nickelodeon.

Wait, no, they lost to them too. Oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    what.

thats a little on the crazy side dude. lol if stormfront likes taco bell, and so do you, are you a nazi now? jesus. lol
    I think they would consider Taco Bell's food to be too ethnic. Gotta work on your analogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    People are getting tired of fake news, and switching from CNN to Fox and MSNBC, clearly.
    SO not tired of winning! Quite enjoyable to watch CNN spiral down the toilet, just like Hillary on election night.

Deleted
    Its funny how american news media exists to chase ratings and sell adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    SO not tired of winning! Quite enjoyable to watch CNN spiral down the toilet, just like Hillary on election night.
    It truly is like a train wreck I can't look away from. I have watched it more since the election than ever before.

It's clearly not the result of fake news since FOX is number 1.

What's with this weird hate boner for CNN?

P.S. I googled around trying to find some straightforward data on it, not very successful. But all the news articles I found were about MSNBC hitting historic highs. And apparently Q2 viewership for MSNBC, FOX and CNN are hitting double digit growth this quarter. I guess Trump's jobs plan was to boost employment in journalism by creating a 24/7 feed of scandals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.