Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Raids get Bonus Chest's for Speed Raid Runs? Like Mythic + or Raid+ runs

Does anyone think it would be a great idea to have Speed Run options for all Raids. If you complete them in a timer you get a few bonus chests with loot. Pretty much making it a Raid+ run .

7+ Year Old Account
    it would have to be per boss
    the thing with M+ its 20 minutes ish
    a full raid is upwards of 3 hours if you dont overgear it...
    now imagine M+ but it took 3 hours, how many people may need to suddenly leave, or need to piss/shit/eat or get dced/power out, now in normal raiding it is whatever, but timed...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but I think it'd make the raiding scene even more cancerous/toxic than it already is.

Don't people bitch about PUGs requiring higher than necessary ilvl? This would make the "problem" much worse.

Applying m+ systems to raids will never end well. So few people already complete the mythic content AT ALL (much less within a time limit) so adding a bonus on a timer will just encourage players to run content below their skill level in order to have more titanforging chances.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Don't people bitch about PUGs requiring higher than necessary ilvl? This would make the "problem" much worse.
    this exactly
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Would rather see a <20 player mythic be rewarded. IE boss is on farm if you do it with 18/whatever players instead of 20 you're guaranteed X amount of Tforges/Wforges.

There is enough of a problem with "efficiency" or more accurately "wanting more for less effort" raising the requirements.
    We don't need that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Would rather see a <20 player mythic be rewarded. IE boss is on farm if you do it with 18/whatever players instead of 20 you're guaranteed X amount of Tforges/Wforges.
    And you just get the same problem.
    More reasons to cherry-pick an even smaller number.
    And then whine that LFR is popular.

Stop looking for more barriers to be raised.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-10 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hell no.

10 char.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    No. If hc isnt hard enough for you do mythic.

I'd rather see the apostrophe stricken from every language that uses it, personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrkoTV View Post
    Does anyone think it would be a great idea to have Speed Run options for all Raids. If you complete them in a timer you get a few bonus chests with loot. Pretty much making it a Raid+ run .
    ...This would pretty much ruin the idea of raiding as we know it and i would quit the day, that it became a constant visual thing in the raid UI.

The entire idea about raid bosses is to survive and beat the boss before the enrage. Adding a 2nd timer without designing the entire boss about obtimizing dps, will just make no sense and again Blizzard are currently pulling back on the timer for mythic+.... and for good reason.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Not like it's a novelty, they did that in Burning Crusade with Zul'aman.

More loot and the mount run.

It was fun, but frustrating when you missed the timer due to a disconnect.

I like how this thread is right under another one called "The "Rush Mentality" of WoW needs to die.".

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I like how this thread is right under another one called "The "Rush Mentality" of WoW needs to die.".
    Beat me to it. Way to rush to make that post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Excellent idea.

I'd much prefer a system where you could set the boss HP and damage to be as if you had more raiders in the group in order to get more loot.

Mostly because when I run legacy content I'd prefer more than 2 or 3 drops per boss.

It would make the whole high item-level thing much worse as well as the selling of carries, but I'm greedy to try and make my battle barbies look the prettiest.

I'd restrict it to just Guild groups. Makes it easier to gear new recruits and justify going back for those last few upgrades before going into the next tier, while also not making it negatively impact the PuG experience. I don't think most high-end guilds would keep open spaces in their guilds just to sell runs that drop maybe a couple more items.

So, under the restriction of applying to just Guild runs, I think it could be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post

that shit was already proven to be a bad idea back in the naxxramas days

Quote Originally Posted by OrkoTV View Post
    No.
    /10charsorless
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/