Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Since your intelligence is limited let me break it down for you. You said:

And I said since when is CNN right wing because you know, CNN is consciously dishonest. Try to stay with me here lol.
    Oh god, Oh god, do you people even logic? And you call me dumb ...

1-
    I should say being consciously dishonest is always the solution on the right.
    This was a mockery of your stupid analogy ( as it was mentioned in my original comment as one), this statement is wrong, because it follows the logic behind YOUR statement, and that was the whole point of my post. it's called reductio ad absurdum ...
    2-
    And I said since when is CNN right wing because you know, CNN is consciously dishonest. Try to stay with me here lol.
    For the sake of argument let's assume CNN is consciously dishonest, and let's even assume that the statement I made as a part of Reductio ad absurdum is also true. All members of group X have trait x != any entity who has trait x is a member of group X
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-07-15 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Of course the reverse is acceptable, and not only to blacks, to all targets of discrimination.
    You see, the white community isn't in worst shape than the black community due to years of discrimination. Providing some support for the black community helps providing equal opportunity for future generations.
    Here you expose yourself as a supporter of discrimination, nothing to be ashamed about, lots of people believe in discriminating against others for their skin color. the 4.0 kid deserves to get in and the 3.8 doesn't... color shouldn't matter, unless of course you are a racist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Trump will be re-elected if the democrats continue to double down on bullshit like this and don't learn why he got elected in the first place.
    if you put sanders in front of Trump, Trump is guaranty to lose. But if you place "generic democrat candidate #039", then you might be in trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if you put sanders in front of Trump, Trump is guaranty to lose. But if you place "generic democrat candidate #039", then you might be in trouble.
    In order for the democrats to decide to allow Sanders to get the nomination, they would have to have had learned why Trump got elected in the first place. The ONLY way Sanders gets the Dem nomination is if the party does some serious soulsearching and learns from their past mistakes.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    How strong is your democracy if memes can damage it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    No, clearly putting an unlikeable old cunt with shady friends and a shady past in the race and dropping Sanders (the only actual social democrat candidate) was a great idea.
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2017-07-15 at 11:10 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally i think anyone related to a still alive former president shouldn't be allowed near the candidacy. It stinks of the 'elite exclusive club' and leaves room for tons of conspiracies that you'd be better served without. As an oligopoly politicians will play the hand they're dealt doing everything possible to position themselves for a future candidacy. Currently it seems being related to a former president is about as big an advantage as you can get which is just completely backwards thinking nepotism can be a good thing. If a candidate can't stand on their own feet they shouldn't be running, simple as that.

Edit: If memes are all you have patience for then memes are what you're gonna get. It's Calvin & Hobbes all over again. Scream sensationalism, uninformative and entertainment news all you want. Be the change you want and ignore the kiddo news memes for the waste of time that they are. If you're affected by memes chances are that you didn't pay attention in school.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-07-15 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Here you expose yourself as a supporter of discrimination, nothing to be ashamed about, lots of people believe in discriminating against others for their skin color. the 4.0 kid deserves to get in and the 3.8 doesn't... color shouldn't matter, unless of course you are a racist.
    I spent too much time here explaining what unjust in the definition of discrimination means.
    If you don't understand by now, id better give up on you. feel free to call affirmative action discriminatory, you'll just ridicule yourself.

I spent too much time here explaining what unjust in the definition of discrimination means.
    If you don't understand by now, id better give up on you. feel free to call affirmative action discriminatory, you'll just ridicule yourself.
    Are you sure you aren't just failing to grasp what the word "discrimination" means? A preference for one group over another is certainly discrimination, even if you think that preference is justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Equality is treating everyone by the same rules, not elevating one group over another. I am sorry that you dont see it that way, its not my fault that you hold racist beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Despite all your attempts at obfuscation, it is simple. If you believe in treating people differently based on their skin colour, you are a racist. It is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you sure you aren't just failing to grasp what the word "discrimination" means? A preference for one group over another is certainly discrimination, even if you think that preference is justified.
    It certainly is not. You can read about it in the source i provided pages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Despite all your attempts at obfuscation, it is simple. If you believe in treating people differently based on their skin colour, you are a racist. It is that simple.
    Yea, not skin color, based on social inequality.

I have no idea where your link is, but it's really not going to overturn the basics of language. A preference for one group over another is literally what the word "discrimination" means. You seem to mean something else by "discrimination", but I don't know exactly what you mean because you're being sloppy with the language.

Todays right wing is america is center-left of 70-80s, so we are on wrong tendency and gotta fix it asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Equality is treating everyone by the same rules, not elevating one group over another. I am sorry that you dont see it that way, its not my fault that you hold racist beliefs.
    So, is providing social security for the poor, against equality? Is it discrimination against non-poor people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, not skin color, based on social inequality.
    No you have defended affirmative action, aka discrimination based on race.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    At least Pelosi keeps winning points with me by showing she's actually rational. I used to despise her during the Obama era. I'd would laugh if these democrats jump the gun and try to impeach Trump without having enough to do so and basically they won't be able to use the same grounds to go after him again and I would imagine some of them who fail wouldn't get reelected unless in one of those "not my president" regions.

- - - Updated - - -

lol what? Ted Cruz would have lost miserably to Hillary. About the only other one who might have stood a chance was Marco Rubio, but he didn't stand a chance in the primaries.
    Thanks I needed a good belly laugh this morning.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I have no idea where your link is, but it's really not going to overturn the basics of language. A preference for one group over another is literally what the word "discrimination" means. You seem to mean something else by "discrimination", but I don't know exactly what you mean because you're being sloppy with the language.
    Yea, the discussion is on human social affairs, so the words should be interpreted in the context of human social affairs, not basic common language.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    Todays right wing is america is center-left of 70-80s, so we are on wrong tendency and gotta fix it asap!
    In some ways, this is definitely true. Look at the polling data for gay marriage, for example. Twenty years ago, 27 percent of total Americans supported gay marriage; now 47 percent of Republicans support gay marriage. It's amazing how swiftly social issues flip from being relatively noncontroversial and the standard position of basically all politicians ("marriage is between a man and a woman") to something that it becomes common knowledge that only stupid bigots support.

On social spending, this is even more stark. Not in terms of polling, but actual policy. The "radical" right on healthcare, for example, is a group that favors a return to what was approximately the status quo 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    No you have defended affirmative action, aka discrimination based on race.
    You should take a look at affirmative action as well, it's not only exclusive to US and it's not only exclusive to race ...
    Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Trump will be re-elected if the democrats continue to double down on bullshit like this and don't learn why he got elected in the first place.
    time to remove the electoral college.