Mythic+: San'Layn Vs Auspicious Spirits?

Wondering when it comes to mythic+, what talent typically performs the best?

Since a lot of Mythic+ is about group clearing as opposed to the 1 min or so you spend on a boss, would Auspicious Spirits be better for the increased insanity generation and damage? Which ultimately helps to prolong voidform too.

Or is San'layn ultimately perform better overall in terms of dps and usefulness?

I have read a few things about both working but looking for more detailed opinions. Are there certain stat caps required for either to be the more optimal choice?

Quote Originally Posted by clickedmango View Post
    Wondering when it comes to mythic+, what talent typically performs the best?

Since a lot of Mythic+ is about group clearing as opposed to the 1 min or so you spend on a boss, would Auspicious Spirits be better for the increased insanity generation and damage? Which ultimately helps to prolong voidform too.

Or is San'layn ultimately perform better overall in terms of dps and usefulness?

I have read a few things about both working but looking for more detailed opinions. Are there certain stat caps required for either to be the more optimal choice?
    Both about the same, pick what you like.

It actually depends on your stat allocation. If you run the crit/haste build you go AS if you run mastery/haste you go San'Layn.
    As far as i know the preferred build is, in 7.2.5 ,the crit/haste one.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have had more luck with Crit/Haste and Aus/MB or Aus/PI. I just seem to do more damage overall.

Deleted
    If trash is not living long and you got some gear for SL. It might be pretty good choice. For AS to reach it's full potential, trash need to live longer and you need to reach high VF stacks to benefit the insanity generation. Tho, I haven't tried that out myself, I focus more on pushing high keys with other dps equal to mine and always had better gear for AS.

15+ Year Old Account
    For this week in the US we have Volcanic, Sanguine, Fortified - so it's all about trash this week - and bosses are going to be easy. Personally, I'm going to run San'layn + Misery, or maybe even Shadowy Insight (because volancoes).

Depends a bit on which dungeon you are in, but I expect big pulls, things lasting long enough for dots to work, and not having enough time to dot everything - plus not having a good AOE alternative.

Actually, given the trash won't really hurt the tanks more than usual (apart from Fortified), Shadow Crash might even make an appearance - because tanks will probably want to go big: especcially after Bolstering last week.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I'm going to use Twin's ring and PI. And most probably AS when most pulls takes +1 minute so AS have plenty of time to work. Interesting ideas with Shadowy Insight and Shadow Crash, I'm really too used to default build.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what y'all talking about, AS is ahead of SL on damage overall, be it boss or trash. Only exception if mobs die too fast for apparitions to reach them, but you won't get much damage out of SL in that case as well. Or shadow at all, might as well go holy for instant AoE.

AS will never reach it's full potential in M+ unless trash packs are living for 60 seconds if running MB (or you have a good Tank chainpulling, that allows you to keep dots running for that long).

Let's say you are pugging, and for whatever reason, the packs are dying when you get to 25 stacks. In this scenario, AS is pretty much wasted, while SL in the same situation, probably would have done a lot more dmg. The main benefit of AS is the extra Insanity, allowing longer Voidforms, not the extra dmg done by the Apparitions. AS obviously reaches max efficiency faster if you are playing with Misery, as your maximum VF stacks will be lower than with MB.

That's what they are talking about. Still, your personal play will probably have a much bigger effect on your overall performance, than the minor difference between As and SL.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2017-07-15 at 05:32 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory