Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

D2 Warcraft 3 Remaster

https://aotf.com/news/diablo-2-and-w...y-job-opening/

Will be an amazing day if it gets announced later this year, at blizzcon.

Welp, if they do a proper remaster of D2 and don't fuck everything up in the process, RIP all my other gaming time. Need me some more Javazon play.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, if they do a proper remaster of D2 and don't fuck everything up in the process, RIP all my other gaming time. Need me some more Javazon play.
    One more mf run before school turns into one more mf run before work for us.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play the shit out of a d2 remake, the current game is too offputting resolution wise with my giant screens so I gave up on it.

WC3.... ehhh don't care as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    One more mf run before school turns into one more mf run before work for us.
    oh my god how much i can relate to this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm replaying D2 right now and if it's true a remaster is coming (likely after BW: R) i want, beside better resolution, quality of life changes like auto gold pick up, show loot on the ground on (i'm tired to press alt every so often to check the drops) and maybe a bigger stash, shared between characters.
    I was going to say bigger inventory too, but then i remember charms are a thing, adding more of them would make broken characters more broken. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I'm replaying D2 right now and if it's true a remaster is coming (likely after BW: R) i want, beside better resolution, quality of life changes like auto gold pick up, show loot on the ground on (i'm tired to press alt every so often to check the drops) and maybe a bigger stash, shared between characters.
    I was going to say bigger inventory too, but then i remember charms are a thing, adding more of them would make broken characters more broken. :P
    nothing like having 2x4 squares free due to a inventory of Skill GCs.

Warcraft 3 could be improved tenfold by a remaster, since they'd be working with actual 3d models instead of sprites. I'd love to play through the campaign again with updated graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    Warcraft 3 could be improved tenfold by a remaster, since they'd be working with actual 3d models instead of sprites. I'd love to play through the campaign again with updated graphics.
    You're thinking of Warcraft 2 there bud! But to be fair, both games getting a graphical update would be good.

Wouldn't mind seeing some original Kargath Bladefist and Zul'jin from WC2 in 3D.

What the hell are you smoking? It's a fully 3d game already.

Furthermore, I don't see why they'd need to remaster WC3. It already works on all systems, they patched it to support modern resolutions years ago and there's no fidelity issues with it in general.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by cphantom View Post
    You're thinking of Warcraft 2 there bud! But to be fair, both games getting a graphical update would be good.

Wouldn't mind seeing some original Kargath Bladefist and Zul'jin from WC2 in 3D.
    *checks thread title and linked article*

I am pretty sure we are talking about Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What the hell are you smoking? It's a fully 3d game already.

Furthermore, I don't see why they'd need to remaster WC3. It already works on all systems, they patched it to support modern resolutions years ago and there's no fidelity issues with it in general.
    The models in WC3 are a lil' sharp and blocky; the game hasn't aged all that well. Doesn't that leave room for a graphic optimization like they did with Brood War?

ah yeah, a remaster of the first DOTA, so hyped. but seriously though I love WCIII and a remaster of that is fantastic. I'd like to see a remaster of WCII one day but the gameplay in that is way more dated then I probably remember. better off get 8 bit armies or something.

*checks thread title and linked article*

I am pretty sure we are talking about Warcraft 3.

The models in WC3 are a lil' sharp and blocky; the game hasn't aged all that well. Doesn't that leave room for a graphic optimization like they did with Brood War?
    "Warcraft 3 could be improved tenfold by a remaster, since they'd be working with actual 3d models instead of sprites"

You didn't say anything about blocky and sharp models. You flat out side the game is made out of sprites. And it looks quite fine right now as it supports modern resolutions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 had a ton of issues that make me not want to go back and play it again. If it's just a graphical remaster, pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Diablo 2 had a ton of issues that make me not want to go back and play it again. If it's just a graphical remaster, pass.
    The thing is that solving many of "issues" will destroy original spirit of the game, making remaster pretty much pointless. I agree that there are some slight changes like (much) bigger storage room, but other than that, i dont want them to tinker too much.

Neither game needs a remaster. Both play just as fine the way they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Warcraft 3 could be improved tenfold by a remaster, since they'd be working with actual 3d models instead of sprites"

You didn't say anything about blocky and sharp models. You flat out side the game is made out of sprites. And it looks quite fine right now as it supports modern resolutions.
    Well I understood his post more like " since they are remastering a 3d game instead of a 2d game with sprites, the potential for improvement is insane"

Deleted

'Warcraft 3 could be improved tenfold by a remaster, since they'd be working with Warcraft actual 3d models instead of Diablo sprites' is what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    nothing like having 2x4 squares free due to a inventory of Skill GCs.
    I personally dislike charms so much that I just don't use any at all. Feels great to have the space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What kind of issues are you referring to? Lack of modern QoL?