Poll: Favorite Boss in ToS?

Question Favorite Boss in ToS?

I won't define the criteria. Favorite means YOUR favorite, because reasons. Which one is it?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-07-11 at 11:49 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Damn good question.
    Misssstresss Blblblssss is super-awesome in flavour. You get splat with a huge fish, a whale tries to eat up the whole raid, crazy jellyfish come up to electrocute you. Me and my GF always cheer for the jumping fish.
    In terms of pure mechanics, Maiden so far. Guitar Hero FTW

Deleted
    Avatar. The visuals of the fight are great, but I also like how systematic it is as a ranged DPS player. It's challenging from a mechanical standpoint as well as a DPS perspective.

Just a great and challenging fight.

Maiden is a very close second. The rest are average at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Damn good question.
    Misssstresss Blblblssss is super-awesome in flavour. You get splat with a huge fish, a whale tries to eat up the whole raid, crazy jellyfish come up to electrocute you. Me and my GF always cheer for the jumping fish.
    In terms of pure mechanics, Maiden so far. Guitar Hero FTW
    Actually, I might have to agree with this. Though, I do like the KJ darkness part.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know yet. Not all bosses are available in LFR for some reason And I'm a scrub that doesn't do other raiding.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Don't know yet. Not all bosses are available in LFR for some reason And I'm a scrub that doesn't do other raiding.
    It's all relative. I am a scrub compared to top mythic raiders, and the boss fights they are doing bear only token resemblance to the ones I do on H. The rooms may look the same, but change the mechanics and the fight can go from boring to crazy/fun/challenging.

They are all equally "meh" to me. None of them strike me as exceptionally fun and once we start seriously with mythic progression I will learn to hate each individually..

I definitely hate the one-wipes-em-all gimmik of the maid though. Can't stand that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Avatar. The visuals of the fight are great, but I also like how systematic it is as a ranged DPS player. It's challenging from a mechanical standpoint as well as a DPS perspective.

Just a great and challenging fight.

Maiden is a very close second. The rest are average at best.
    I hope that is sarcasm in regards to the avatar, because damn, I've yet to notice any of that as a melee ^^.

Deleted
    No sarcasm, as a Hunter I adore that fight. It's just a good fight for Ranged DPS imo. We've got stacking mechanics, soaking mechanics, spreading out, moving, dropping puddles, soaking beams/managing debuffs, target swaps and that's only the first phase where there's also some stress to maximize your damage output due to how unforgiving the fight is.

In the second phase you've got the nasty twisters and the knockback soaks that you can solo soak/sacrifice if necessary. The platform breaks aren't that relevant for me as I can still target Avatar out of his destruction range.

There's a lot going on, nothing too complex, but very fundamental to (semi-)Patchwerk raid encounters. And it's epic in scope, I mean any fight where floors are being broken is a good fight.

I'm gonna go with Maiden for right now.

Very simple fight but also very easy to screw up, which is of course annoying considering the simplicity, at least in my opinion, but I still like it in general.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would have to say Maiden of Vigilance

Goroth
    +Good visuals and atmosphere
    +Good interaction between mechanics
    +Pretty simple (Early boss)
    -Nothing that unique

DI
    -Nothing really overly excellent about this fight. Pretty bog standard. Servicable but forgettable imo.
    -Hate how cramped the ugly the room is

Harjatan
    +I like the Mythic mechanic
    +Simple but effective mechanics (Early boss)

Mistress
    +I really like the Mythic mechanic
    +P3 soft enrage is pretty well designed
    -I hate constant flow of little adds, makes fights feel spammy and messy

Sisters
    +Good atmosphere and visuals (mostly)
    +Fairly simple but super punishing to mistakes
    +Good progression of phases
    -Sometimes *too* much things happening on screen

Desolate
    +Decent interaction between some mechanics
    +I like the simple p2 dps race zerg
    -Mechanic bloat, fight feels really directionless
    -I hate constant flow of little adds, makes fights feel spammy and messy
    -Really lazy and boring Mythic mechanic
    -The phase 2 transition just feels wrong, imo, can't really explain why

Maiden
    +Fairly simple but super punishing to mistakes
    +Really well focused boss
    +Decently difficult
    +Environmental interaction with the pit
    -The explosion radius on the orbs should be slightly bigger, just feels annoying how small it is

+Decent interaction between some mechanics
    +Good mixture of burst and execute required
    +The mechanics of the phase transition are really cool and unique imo
    +P2 is really well designed
    -Some P1 mechanics feel a bit directionless and bloated
    -P1 is too long

KJ
    +Both intermissions are really good imo, nice little breaks from the fight. Intermission 2 even feels like it could be longer and have more to it, but that may come in Mythic
    +P2 & P3 are really well designed imo
    -Too punishing on the entire raid for a single players mistake for a heroic boss
    -Phase 1 feels redundant
    -The visuals for the mechanics are really poor
    -I hate the environment and atmosphere. The idea of being on a Legion ship is cool, but the disgusting colour scheme and Legion metal aesthetic really turn me off. Hopefully the Mythic phase takes place in another plane like Archimonde or something because I hate that ship.

So;
    1. Maiden
    2. Avatar = Sisters
    4. Goroth = Mistress = Harjatan
    7. Kil'Jaeden
    [POWER GAP]
    8. DI
    9. Desolate

Overall ToS is definitely one of the prettiest raids, with nice variation. Shame KJ and his whole area looks like metallic puke.
    Last edited by sdracklryeg; 2017-07-11 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    9. Desolate
    The Host itself being yet another reuse of poor, thousand-times-dead Lord Marrowgar doesn't help either. And he doesn't even go booooonestooooorm this time I still prefer DH to DI though, at least on Normal.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    The Host itself being yet another reuse of poor, thousand-times-dead Lord Marrowgar doesn't help either. And he doesn't even go booooonestooooorm this time I still prefer DH to DI though, at least on Normal.
    Definitely. It is a very nice model, but I think now is the time to permanently retire it. But who knows maybe we'll get a purple void/old god version next expansion too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Definitely. It is a very nice model, but I think now is the time to permanently retire it. But who knows maybe we'll get a purple void/old god version next expansion too.
    I only know that we will get a pink version throwing dildos before DKs finally get one for a permanent pet..

As a boomie, I gotta love on the living meter pad that is Sassz'ine. My DPS doubles or more in that fight.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming a good team, I like Maiden followed by Avatar the best.

Maiden should have music that stays in tune, with applause, if everyone is hitting their notes.
    Sour notes and boos would foretell a wipe!

Deleted
    I like KJ and Sassy fights. The rest of them are meh.

But this raid tier goes to one of my least favorite tiers. Fights don't make sense. Raid doesn't make sense.

I didn't try many of them yet but Mistress feels nice, it's a little spammy with too many adds but the fight itself looks gorgeous and the mechanics make sense and work well.
    Sadly the music is very silly there imo...

Are there fights as complex as Ragnaros and Lei Shen? Been ages since I have fought something as fun as those two...