Is there a compressed guide for min-maxing dps?

I know about altered time and it is a good resource but is there a guide online that condenses all the important information in a page or two?

I am talking about the hidden tips and tricks like using shimmer to double ice lance and BiS(approximately)

I know all this information is out there but is it all in one really easy to read guide rather then several dozen forum posts?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I know about altered time and it is a good resource but is there a guide online that condenses all the important information in a page or two?

I am talking about the hidden tips and tricks like using shimmer to double ice lance and BiS(approximately)

I know all this information is out there but is it all in one really easy to read guide rather then several dozen forum posts?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.a38wbig796dk

Is about it I suppose. BiS is a pretty dead concept outside of specific items like trinkets or knowing you want some combination of set bonuses its more about simming yourself and comparing what warforge/titanforges actually drop. Even in the case of trinkets if a huge enough stat stick drops or its a cleave boss or w/e you'll have other options.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-07-11 at 01:10 PM.

The most optimal resource for finding out BIS legos, trinkets, and talents for each current boss is here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...age&spec=Frost

min/max isn't about your current gear, it's about where you are headed to optimize your character during the current tier. The above link also has the added benefit, after thorough examination, of showing you the best "tricks" some of the top parses use. Simcraft is better for what you already have, logs are better for planning. Good luck.

PS: Adjust to your item and skill level to see top parses for your peers. The takeaway though it top legos, top trinkets, top talents. Those are them. Only share that link with someone whose dps you want to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    The most optimal resource for finding out BIS legos, trinkets, and talents for each current boss is here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...age&spec=Frost

min/max isn't about your current gear, it's about where you are headed to optimize your character during the current tier. The above link also has the added benefit, after thorough examination, of showing you the best "tricks" some of the top parses use. Simcraft is better for what you already have, logs are better for planning. Good luck.

PS: Adjust to your item and skill level to see top parses for your peers. The takeaway though it top legos, top trinkets, top talents. Those are them. Only share that link with someone whose dps you want to improve
    I understand that. I think I am just longing for the good old days where everything was all nicely done up in a little bow. I had to search for almost a hour for example just to learn about taking shimmer in order to get off a second ice lance within the shatter window.

I miss when things like that used to be easy to find.

I understand that. I think I am just longing for the good old days where everything was all nicely done up in a little bow. I had to search for almost a hour for example just to learn about taking shimmer in order to get off a second ice lance within the shatter window.

Yeah, I think it's the nature of Legion that things are designed with a lot more variables. What is right for one set of gear/char/playstyle is wrong for another, so it's hard to find one comprehensive guide that covers everything. Just look at the icy veins frost rotation is right now. The checkboxes, lol.

Just in case you don't know double IL is dead, you can do it with shimmer, but it isn't a gain now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Just in case you don't know double IL is dead, you can do it with shimmer, but it isn't a gain now.
    I am pretty sure it is still a minor gain. That being said I doubt it would overcome any lost cast time that could be saved with icy flows.

I am pretty sure it is still a minor gain. That being said I doubt it would overcome any lost cast time that could be saved with icy flows.
    You don't lose a cast with shimmer. It isn't worth doing because TV works differently now and while in some cases you can get that 2nd IL to shatter it is far more likely it doesn't and when you miss it is a huge loss. There is a reason the best mages don't mess with it now. It is also extremely dangerous if you add in the terror trinket.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Double ice lance has been dead since 7.2.5. Every spec has a guide on altered time.

A lot of altered time shit is also outdated/hasn't been fully updated for current patch. And in truth it barely shares anything in detail. Thrown together unformatted guides are our way of life apparently.

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -