Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Well he is right, 1. bm is one of the few classes where arcano is mediocre.
    It is only middle of the pack when at the same ilvl.
    And gets beaten by cof/cradle/medallion/bti/focci (and more..) even when these trinkets are 10-20 ilvls lower than the arcano.

2. Onto engine: not bis ; loses out to cradle + other statsticks and medallion (naturally also a bti if you can get it that high).

955! engine <<<< 950 medallion and 930!!!!!!! cradle (naturally other haste and mastery statstics will then also beat out a engine rather easily...)

http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html
    @BM, 56 traits, Talents (2202012), 915/945 gear, 2pc/4pc tier

The reason you see people using/ ranking high with the "wrong" trinkets --> people will use the best of what they can get/ have. In the end you use what the titanforge lottery grants you and not what the bis lists can tell you.
    Only much later in the tier, towards the end of the patch, will you see the rankings get close to displaying the actual bis trinkets for each fight.
    a 880 arcano sims right up there with almost any 915 trinket so not sure where your getting it loses to items 20 ilvl's below..... Show me a 860 ilvl trinket that beats 880 arcano.. Hell show me a 915 trinket that actually beats it lol.

also Sims on cradle were assuming 100% uptime and pretty sure they still do so the trinket is broken on sims... Meaning they are basically 1.5x stat statsticks on sims...

Not to mention how undervalued Convergence actually is on sims vs real life play. I believe 2/3 of Method's hunters till were using it when they killed avatar after 72 split runs and 2 clears of Mythic even though according to sims convergence is lower than even other Nighthold trinkets...
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-07-21 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the highest arcano run here at @925 see all the trinkets simming higher than it? At lower ilvls ?
    At low ilvls obviously an arcano is good for that ilvl range, but it doesnt really gain very much with high ilvls that is just the nature of secondarys this expansion. But yes it is ok if you lack replacements.

The diffrence between a statstick and cradle is not very high. The only issue is it is hard to get a statstick to roll that high.
    955 cradle; 3850 agil 1450 haste 955 statstick; 3444 agi 1450 mast/haste

ive been trying to switch I'm actually trying to get my post up so i can post my logs in fix my dps for marksman cause bm is so bad right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Look at the highest arcano run here at @925 see all the trinkets simming higher than it? At lower ilvls ?
    At low ilvls obviously an arcano is good for that ilvl range, but it doesnt really gain very much with high ilvls that is just the nature of secondarys this expansion. But yes it is ok if you lack replacements.

The diffrence between a statstick and cradle is not very high. The only issue is it is hard to get a statstick to roll that high.
    955 cradle; 3850 agil 1450 haste 955 statstick; 3444 agi 1450 mast/haste
    why does everyone thinks cradle uptime is so bad? On the last 2 nights of sisters progression I've been able to keep it above 80% uptime on average.

Deleted
    I see quite some hunters (BM) swapping to AoTb with Lego boots and most of time sephuz ring. And seen a few logs now, is that the future BM now? it also sims highest for me with my gear apparently, time to try it i guess.

does anyone shortly know how your rotation is in the opener during BL? cuz it feels rly ankward. Thanks

I like BM, but as soon i have the lego boots for MM, i am going to have to try that more at least

Greetz

Deleted
    I play hunter because it uses animals and its mass diversity of animals it can choose from. I like the idea of a class that is connected to nature in a realistic way that respects it and masters it.

I won't play MM even if its better. It's not the class identity I asked for when I made my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenake View Post
    I see quite some hunters (BM) swapping to AoTb with Lego boots and most of time sephuz ring. And seen a few logs now, is that the future BM now? it also sims highest for me with my gear apparently, time to try it i guess.

does anyone shortly know how your rotation is in the opener during BL? cuz it feels rly ankward. Thanks

I like BM, but as soon i have the lego boots for MM, i am going to have to try that more at least

Greetz
    The opener stays the same, the only thing is that you should weave your DBs and KCs.

So a your opener (with BL) will be like: pot > crows > BW/aotw > KC > DB > KC > DB > KC/TT (Or keep weaving DB and KC if you are lucky with procs and just pop TT whenever you don't have any more DBs to use).

And without BL you pretty much just fill with a Cobra Shot before your Kill Command. Sometimes you don't do that if it is <1s before KC comes back up or you are below 30 focus.

Your rotation will also be weaving DBs and KCs to make the most out of Qapla.

Have not really read the thread but will just throw in my experience as a 7/9m Hunter so far.

Both specs are great in their own way currently, they both deal above average damage but in fights where there isn't prolonged movement MM will easily outperform BM. That being said, the way the fights are made in ToS makes one spec better than the other on given fights.

Goroth - MM due to light amount of movement.

Demonic Inquisition - MM due to light amount of movement.

Harjatan - Either BM or MM works well here, good opportunities for Burst AOE and movement isn't too heavy either, personally prefer and do more dps as MM on this fight.

Sisters of the moon - BM or MM works well on this fight. If you have easy Glaive dodges during Glaive Storm then MM doesn't suffer too much on this fight and will outperform BM, but if you get bad glaive storm positions then BM may pull ahead.

Mistress Sassz'ine - MM should outperform BM on this fight 99% of the time due to how spread the adds will become throughout the fight. With trick shot as marksman as long as you get vulnerable up on abyss stalkers before they blink attack raid members around the room, aimed shot will still bounce to them. BM has good aoe but is heavily penalized once targets become spread. Also the MM belt is extremely strong with trick shot and it's hard to outperform sustained aoe from a marksman hunter currently because of it.

The Desolate Host - More or less the same as on Mistress Sassz'ine, Adds become slightly too spread for BM hunters aoe to work wonders on this fight on top of MMs AOE legendary just being extremely powerful when you have mulitple targets for a sustained amount of time to stack the damage buff.

Maiden of Vigilance - This is a very big tossup 50/50 for sure. I personally prefer BM on this fight because of the high amounts of movement during transitions along with soaking Orbs. Bm can easily benefit from orbs in multiple lanes along with easily swapping sides during infusion due to no movement penalty with its kit. MM can lose multiple vulnerable windows over the course of this fight which lowers its effective DPS.

Fallen Avatar - This fight is a clear winner for BM at least during the first phase which is a large portion of the fight. with soaking a beam at specific times and unbound chaos happening throughout the first phase there is just too much movement for MM to really shine on this fight.

KJ - I have not done any progression on this fight so far but it seems MM is favored from the guilds that have killed it so far. My guess is that there is not enough movement to warrant playing BM thus picking the higher dps spec.

Sorry for bad grammar/punctuation but hopefully I explained things enough. Once again this is mostly personal experience but taking a look at Warcraft logs you can clearly see a trend for certain fights. Both specs are great performers this tier and unless you are pushing for rankings you can play either on all fights without a ton of issues. MM does however have more fights than BM this tier where it will perform better.
    Last edited by Pounced; 2017-07-27 at 04:36 PM.

Pounced#1519

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    KJ - I have not done any progression on this fight so far but it seems MM is favored from the guilds that have killed it so far. My guess is that there is not enough movement to warrant playing BM thus picking the higher dps spec.
    KJ has a long execute phase which is what favours MM

Deleted
    Actually on host, at least on corporeal realm, we can hit all four targets. I have a WA that shows how many mobs are in range of my pet when performing bestial cleave.

The Mistress you're 100% right though, thanks to that WA I know when to multi instead of multi-ing all the time, which would be a waste of focus, or not multi-ing at all. Even so there is that window when the mobs spawn and then they are bouncing all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    Have not really read the thread but will just throw in my experience as a 7/9m Hunter so far.

Both specs are great in their own way currently, they both deal above average damage but in fights where there isn't prolonged movement MM will easily outperform BM. That being said, the way the fights are made in ToS makes one spec better than the other on given fights.

Goroth - MM due to light amount of movement.

Demonic Inquisition - MM due to light amount of movement.

Harjatan - Either BM or MM works well here, good opportunities for Burst AOE and movement isn't too heavy either, personally prefer and do more dps as MM on this fight.

Sisters of the moon - BM or MM works well on this fight. If you have easy Glaive dodges during Glaive Storm then MM doesn't suffer too much on this fight and will outperform BM, but if you get bad glaive storm positions then BM may pull ahead.

Mistress Sassz'ine - MM should outperform BM on this fight 99% of the time due to how spread the adds will become throughout the fight. With trick shot as marksman as long as you get vulnerable up on abyss stalkers before they blink attack raid members around the room, aimed shot will still bounce to them. BM has good aoe but is heavily penalized once targets become spread. Also the MM belt is extremely strong with trick shot and it's hard to outperform sustained aoe from a marksman hunter currently because of it.

The Desolate Host - More or less the same as on Mistress Sassz'ine, Adds become slightly too spread for BM hunters aoe to work wonders on this fight on top of MMs AOE legendary just being extremely powerful when you have mulitple targets for a sustained amount of time to stack the damage buff.

Maiden of Vigilance - This is a very big tossup 50/50 for sure. I personally prefer BM on this fight because of the high amounts of movement during transitions along with soaking Orbs. Bm can easily benefit from orbs in multiple lanes along with easily swapping sides during infusion due to no movement penalty with its kit. MM can lose multiple vulnerable windows over the course of this fight which lowers its effective DPS.

Fallen Avatar - This fight is a clear winner for BM at least during the first phase which is a large portion of the fight. with soaking a beam at specific times and unbound chaos happening throughout the first phase there is just too much movement for MM to really shine on this fight.

Sorry for bad grammar/punctuation but hopefully I explained things enough. Once again this is mostly personal experience but taking a look at Warcraft logs you can clearly see a trend for certain fights. Both specs are great performers this tier and unless you are pushing for rankings you can play either on all fights without a ton of issues. MM does however have more fights than BM this tier where it will perform better.
    The other thing you leave out with KJ is the like 4 minutes last phase... Where a MM hunter ends up with 90 seconds+ of sweet sweet execute time....

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    I have a WA that shows how many mobs are in range of my pet when performing bestial cleave.
    Would you mind sharing?

i ve sent a pm to this guy for his WA but he didnt respond

Buffs in 7.3! Rejoice!

Might bring us up from rock bottom but at least it will close the gap a little.
    Basically everything is being buffed and crows is being nerfed in half

Deleted
    Sorry about that, I plum forgot about it.

Drag one of your pet attack skills to your bars:

dCeBjaGiKqxsuQmkIOtrK8krjywib3ci1UaQFbK0WqkhJkwMQQNPQmnuLRrLABujFdighQ4CIkRtukDpIYbrL0crL6 HirMOOuCrKO2iQeFuusmsrvvNej1krmtrjPBkkvTtQQFcKyOIsQwkQk9uqtLQCvrvLTkkr(QOKYEH(RIAWKomklgj5 XQYKPWLvAZivFwrgTOkNMWQfLOEnrQzRIBtr7Ms)wKHlkoUOeA5aEUctx46Q02jQ(oQQgpQkopry9IQY(LgDqpekqF NFo0YXZnchi8hmpWoUqOjcnqOb6Hq(ak0Pp2a5ch3)F5Y5WXXX1pnoUDJ0bnp3i0qmYCys4T8jqy29q47oIKP3YNaH 0V2xis2QskvjvRwTQ9AohmGPngvLvLwjvRwTk9eqvHmhkWJwvJujvRwTA1QvRkOxL6bxFHizP2YxMDALKDbyZRvo4H j7j9j9OafTmZnZHflfbdwivvzYQga3TKQvRwTA1QvtavPEW1xiswQT8LzNwjzxa28ALd(Dy8FspkqrlZCZCyXsrWGf svvMSQbWDlPA1QvRwTA1eqvQhC9fIKLAlFz2Pvs2fGnVw5GPse7j9OafTmZnZHflfbdwivvzYQga3TKQvRwTA1QvJ8 wBjvRwTA1QvRwTA1Q2R5CWaM2yuvwv71CoyatBmQMfQ6us1QvRwTA1QR1OKQvRwDTgLuTA1QaBCbSvTxZ5GbmTXOK1 AusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLusjLuccV2aqmnTaOhcfXA6Zmx 035NdhxoyGq2leYxpaX00cK9jJf9bTdneEboimViYmYwqfu5NnLalsGQV0zP8byZNRShHSxis2b6HWrWac0dHgP5Pt IFKkeoDs8pZEHizr4iVe)i0in)UJizIuHWPtI)z6amZfHzTLjnxVaSr2Y9HzSv5Y5caibgiuyfb6HW3DejteEsp2P6 WK9KwyuvwvE5Y5YvjN0JDQ(om(fgvLv1XfNFqk5KEStvQeXkmQkRQdi)U)kPe2fGnVw5GN24KEvLvL(1(crYkPWqQs QwTA1t6XovfgvLvvyus1QvRspbuviZHcvb5VQrQKQvRwTA1Qvf0Ro2Z(cj)Pq1SYgC9fIKLAl9KKcPKQQmzvfgvJ8w BjvRwTA1QvRwTA1QaBCbSvfLuTA1QvRwT6AnkPA1QvxRrjR1OKsyxa28ALdEyYEsFsVQYQYUaS51kh80gN0tYHj7jT WqQsyxa28ALd(Dy8FsVQYQYUaS51kh80gN0tY3HXVWqQsyxa28ALdMkrSN0RQSQSlaBETYbpTXj9KKkrScdPkPKskP KskPKskPKskPKskPKsqOrA(DhrYe5gdmqi9Kn4YHnnqiOKFEzvQ9PmcdaX00cGEimKiZIWrWI7aHx7kFTbcz3iHW7y NfXA6ZmxKBeEh781kcKBeETIaHz2aHIyn9zMl678ZHJlheEh78iZ(e0fV5RveiviCLV2aHuhRzvkNfVImzwdeAzM7a 9qFheY9YgrvkDwM8fde(UJizoNNWyryimxdmq4iepPLiBUaSqKSivimVvmLxGCXLlhEUCr7J3pnoG4IdnKoO5bccpj Mb6HWGDwB8JEi08Ecb6Hbgi8o2z7kFbqQqyWoRnqpeAEpHa9WadeoYSp0dHdHD6SOVdgi8DyJb6HWHWoDweM)5NVhL 5lgi8o25rM9HCJW7yNFh2yGCJqa2BrpeAEpHa9WadesN9crYIEi08Ecb6HbgimJ8mb7S2a9qO59ec0ddmqiq6SOhcn VNqGEyGbcVJD(LmPIfi3i0qqNU4DpHeOhcnVNqGEyGbgiKEYgqr(w0Nhii0qmYCysad2t6bcZUhcb2jrY6jrMfHXYN aHg7GfxawSivi0qmYCysq9lzrFNV)p30qO4LSi3i8Loja0d9DqFAG)DC7IJRFq45MwooO)p6tdCoE5O5KZfnq4W7ZH h6)H(0WaHcR8fySiviCeSN0dkLSbtynxBGqQ9HuNnugH5lLmrFAG)qOWaHCVSrqPZYKVukDTbiG)riZWqeIKLDMdaX 00cmqpmqOHyKLV2xiKViKzLaH0byMlmaybd9DJq(fgrEix45M2NlAo)FGKJZ3)3psh084Gqjaf60hBGCb0G444WjhN C0CXl3FoE)iDqZJdcTxtpaX00cmqFheYUrc5gHcRiMhbdiwd03bHJG9KEK1tcBGqkrzFpkZxeglFckLoja0d9DqFAG b5777777777777d9)rFAGP5MdN)p3)5454aIl3O)h6tdmn3C48)5(phphhqC5g95H(oyGbcLJ(o8(DWara
    Last edited by mmocb0599ef382; 2017-08-04 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Buffs in 7.3! Rejoice!

You have a link to these buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    You have a link to these buffs?
    From front page

• Beast Mastery Hunter Increases damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6% 10%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6%10%. Increases damage/healing of Bestial Wrath by 6 10. Decreases damage/healing of A Murder of Crows by 45. Increases damage/healing of Barrage by 100%. Increases damage/healing of Volley by 50%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.
    So KC, cobra, chimaera, multi, stomp and volley all buffed from 6% to 10%

From front page

• Beast Mastery Hunter Increases damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6% 10%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Barrage, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Stomp, Volley by 6%10%. Increases damage/healing of Bestial Wrath by 6 10. Decreases damage/healing of A Murder of Crows by 45. Increases damage/healing of Barrage by 100%. Increases damage/healing of Volley by 50%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.
    So KC, cobra, chimaera, multi, stomp and volley all buffed from 6% to 10%
    Legit Thanks! I missed those not a huge bump but cmon every day with more damage is a good fn day!!!

Buffs in 7.3! Rejoice!

Crows damage is not being changed. The only changes are indicated with a red number in front of them. Crows has had a decreaser modifier on them for awhile so they don't scale out of whack with the other specs due to our mastery. Same logic as our barrage/volley having an increaser modifier on them as opposed to MM, as our mastery doesn't affect it and MM's does.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2017-08-03 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    Legit Thanks! I missed those not a huge bump but cmon every day with more damage is a good fn day!!!
    Sadly that is on PTR
    I just dint practice Myth raid anymore but if BM stay competive for last TR i will try to Cutting Edge it