Page 1 of 3
LastLast

#2020Vision: Sanders hits the road; California love lost; Booker's 'pause'; ...

From CNN

'Many Democrats expect Bernie Sanders to sit 2020 out because he'd be 79 on Election Day. But the reality is, Sanders hasn't quit campaigning yet.
    The Vermont senator is back on the road this weekend. On Sunday he'll visit West Virginia and Kentucky -- two red states that expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act -- to make the case that the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare would devastate rural America. The following weekend, he'll be back in Iowa, speaking at a populist group's political convention.
    Sanders' latest moves come a few days after Our Revolution, the political organization borne out of his 2016 campaign, joined with a handful of progressive and leftist groups to organize nationwide sit-ins protesting the Senate Republican health care bill.
    Vox's Matt Yglesias makes a case that Sanders is Democrats' 2020 front-runner. There's no question Sanders has the biggest megaphone in progressive politics. He's also the only potential candidate with a nationwide network. And, quietly but importantly, he is moderating on some key issues.
    Two real challenges facing Sanders: accusations around his wife Jane Sanders' land deal at Burlington College are an ongoing headache and there's the reality that, in a wide-open Democratic primary, a host of campaigns would have reason to attack more aggressively than Hillary Clinton did. "Most of the opposition research on Bernie Sanders aside from his opposition to gun safety measures has never seen the light of day," a Democratic operative told me. "With a large field of Democratic candidates competing, that will undoubtedly change and cause big problems for him."
    We're watching for Sanders to introduce his "Medicare-for-all" single-payer health insurance bill in the coming weeks — to see if the details stand up to serious scrutiny, and to see how many Democrats sign onto the measure.'

Full CNN article
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/politi...ans/index.html

Never too early to start campaigning 2020 I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still pretending to be a moderate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    From CNN

'Many Democrats expect Bernie Sanders to sit 2020 out because he'd be 79 on Election Day. But the reality is, Sanders hasn't quit campaigning yet.
    The Vermont senator is back on the road this weekend. On Sunday he'll visit West Virginia and Kentucky -- two red states that expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act -- to make the case that the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare would devastate rural America. The following weekend, he'll be back in Iowa, speaking at a populist group's political convention.
    Sanders' latest moves come a few days after Our Revolution, the political organization borne out of his 2016 campaign, joined with a handful of progressive and leftist groups to organize nationwide sit-ins protesting the Senate Republican health care bill.
    Vox's Matt Yglesias makes a case that Sanders is Democrats' 2020 front-runner. There's no question Sanders has the biggest megaphone in progressive politics. He's also the only potential candidate with a nationwide network. And, quietly but importantly, he is moderating on some key issues.
    Two real challenges facing Sanders: accusations around his wife Jane Sanders' land deal at Burlington College are an ongoing headache and there's the reality that, in a wide-open Democratic primary, a host of campaigns would have reason to attack more aggressively than Hillary Clinton did. "Most of the opposition research on Bernie Sanders aside from his opposition to gun safety measures has never seen the light of day," a Democratic operative told me. "With a large field of Democratic candidates competing, that will undoubtedly change and cause big problems for him."
    We're watching for Sanders to introduce his "Medicare-for-all" single-payer health insurance bill in the coming weeks — to see if the details stand up to serious scrutiny, and to see how many Democrats sign onto the measure.'

Full CNN article
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/politi...ans/index.html

Never too early to start campaigning 2020 I suppose.
    whats he gonna be by then? 160?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    whats he gonna be by then? 160?

only 4 years older than Trump Age didn't seem to be a factor for him. In fact he has STAMINA, great S T A M I N A.

Also protip if you are going to copy and paste everything. Instead of just using paste use the "paste as plain text" option. You won't get error like you have in the title.

Is he going to join the democratic party again? Lol. Stick to the senate, old man. We can use you there.

Bernie, meh.

What I really appreciate is Bernie visiting/campaigning states that could be most affected by A half. They just so happen to be red states, which is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    only 4 years older than Trump Age didn't seem to be a factor for him. In fact he has STAMINA, great S T A M I N A.

Also protip if you are going to copy and paste everything. Instead of just using paste use the "paste as plain text" option. You won't get error like you have in the title.
    Trump is 71 now, right? He was 70 when he entered as PotUS.
    I suppose as long as a person is healthy we shouldn't have age requirements. We should have health requirements though.
    Thanks for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is 71 now, right? He was 70 when he entered as PotUS.
    I suppose as long as a person is healthy we shouldn't have age requirements. We should have health requirements though.
    Thanks for the advice.
    People should not be in public office over the age of 70, under any circumstances.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Was the last part addressed to me?

Also....There's a difference, like Jeb. Bernie is L O W E N E R G Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People should not be in public office over the age of 70, under any circumstances.
    We really need term limits on ALL public offices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Term limits are not the issue and accomplish no useful end.

Deleted
    Look, Bernie at least isn't some anti-Christian, anti-white, anti-American scumbag like most of the left. But his policies (they're just FDR's policies) have been tried in the past and they're bad. Redistribution of scarcity is all he has to offer.

Look at the guy, in his 70's and he can hardly run!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...hrough-siciliy

Meanwhile, Trump needs a golf cart to ferry him a few hundred yards while his fellow heads of state take a leisurely stroll.

10+ Year Old Account

No second part was to op. forgot to tag or quote him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you mean age limits? Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Look at the guy, in his 70's and he can hardly run!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...hrough-siciliy

Meanwhile, Trump needs a golf cart to ferry him a few hundred yards while his fellow heads of state take a leisurely stroll.

ii now want to see a video of Trump tryin to run that far. Lets see how great his STAM-MI-NA is.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Any particular reason for this nonsense? Arbitrary or just ageist?

You must hate Trump then since he needs a golf cart to get anywhere even during international events

10+ Year Old Account
    The concern trolls should be jumping for joy at the prospect. Remember they soo would have voted for him but y'know that pesky Clinton "stole" the nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I suppose you mean age limits? Why?
    I meant exactly what was typed.