Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Competitive trash grinding

This mythic dungeon invitational "esport" has to be the least interesting thing imaginable.

Deleted
    Ok bro I guess Blizzard will now cancel the whole thing because of your blog post. Thanks for saving us all from this boredom.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, think it could be quite fun. Team A is on target to win $50,000 only to ninja pull extra trash and wipe xd

Everyone saw M+ and knew that Blizzard would put money into it at some point. It's much easier to organize/run and stream/promote than raiding.

The college tournament was a clear test/proof of concept for this as well.

The 100k prizepool should mean that the teams competing are pretty serious/invested as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally disagree. I think it will be fun to watch.

But, you know, no one is forcing anyone to participate or watch.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-12 at 12:03 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think it will be fun and it is probably the best way to do competitive pve streams. I do wonder how exactly they plan to do it though, it sounds like the first part is just on live realm with your actual characters but I wonder if the final stuff will be with premade characters.

I'd rather watch this than Arena

This is basically the first blizzard event that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I'd rather watch this than Arena
    I concur, think it could be a pretty interesting watch more me personally - Enjoyed watching things like fastest times for CMs etc and the strats people are continually evolving to shave off a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Totally disagree. I think it will be fun to watch.
    Well if they're going for the "best of the best" it's likely going to be 32 teams of a comp of one healer, one tank (probably druid), three dps (one with bloodlust substitute, maybe one with offheals) all using the same tactics to handle the same groups of mobs and bosses in their assigned dungeons as well as dealing with the different modifiers that come up. Then the only variation of runs that will come up is if people absolutely flub their attempts during the competitions to be one of the final eight or slightly different times when they finally end the dungeon. Additionally runs done in the same dungeon by multiple competing teams are likely to look really similar as Blizzard won't be switching up trash placement for different teams in the head-to-heads.

So tl;dr repetition is going to major in this and the only entertainment will come from if a team flubs it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Wait its not April First again is it?

Not that intrested in dugenons. It's a necessary and boring grind that I need to do in order to raid.

I'm sure there are people that might find it fun though.

Deleted
    Really excited for this, also spoke to a few friends that had top ranks in m+ and they might compete which is cool.

Feel like this is gonna result in Blizzard designing even more dungeons in the future, which is a good thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I think it will be fun and it is probably the best way to do competitive pve streams. I do wonder how exactly they plan to do it though, it sounds like the first part is just on live realm with your actual characters but I wonder if the final stuff will be with premade characters.
    that would make 0 sense. I'm quite sure it will be played with your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bummed primarily because this implies that we're actually keeping M Keystones, which I'd rather see gone.

Could be fun to watch if they sort out: proper UI, good spectators, good commentators(not Lore) and a good director for all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Most likely going to be as you described it. Qualification with live characters, then the actual competition on the tournament realm(or some other premade realm)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I prefer this to "kek that guy got a lucky crit and they won"

I'd much rather watch this than WoW PvP.
    Beta Club Brosquad

They've had M+ races before for a tourney, so it must be popular enough https://tespa.org/news/20382068/the-...team-spotlight

And that race was actually quite fun to watch.