Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry 5 reasons why being a NEET is better than working your best years away!

Society forces us to work and toil all day for currency, money or whatever you call it. Well, turns out that that currency is fairly useful, but is all that work for work for work for work worth it? You are just working for some plump corporate overlord sipping his wine all day smoking his cuban cigarillos. Seems unfair doesn't it?

A solution you might seek? There is salvation for the working class, simple really. Became a NEET! No more work, no more pain, no more dreadful forced social situations. And the best thing? You get money from the government!

Or you know, you can work for self worth, have the ability to see new things, and make enough money where you can get someone else to make money for you.

Deleted
    Hi, /r9k/, please stay there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    Or you know, you can work for self worth, have the ability to see new things, and make enough money where you can get someone else to make money for you.
    Being a wage slave for some asshole != self worth. Their are plenty if things you can do in life that dont involve taking orders from people that still build yourself up.and still let you contribute to the society around you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how you just made a thread about paying for the internet and not being entitled. But now you want the government to pay your bills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Hi, /r9k/, please stay there.
    What is /r9k/?

Find an employer that you are willing to work for or a company that provides a service/product you like or are interested in. I think the phrase "sucks to suck" fits here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Being a wage slave for some asshole != self worth. Their are plenty if things you can do in life that dont involve taking orders from people that still build yourself up.and still let you contribute to the society around you.
    Never said become a wage slave, most of those positions suck. You can contribute by learning a valuable skill set that can be used to make money independently ( or at least independent enough where you won't be stuck doing every whim of your employer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Society forces us to work and toil all day for currency, money or whatever you call it. Well, turns out that that currency is fairly useful, but is all that work for work for work for work worth it? You are just working for some plump corporate overlord sipping his wine all day smoking his cuban cigarillos. Seems unfair doesn't it?

A solution you might seek? There is salvation for the working class, simple really. Became a NEET! No more work, no more pain, no more dreadful forced social situations. And the best thing? You get money from the government!

Life is unfair, and all that shit they sold on TV and still do lying to you was never any more real than Santa Clause, people who are depressed and suicidal, I don't think I have ever felt didn't GET it, I always seem them as people that probably did more than anybody.

The Truth is and I take this from some of the lessons learned from the Holocaust where some held in Nazi concentration camps were asked how they could go on, and the reply I forgot from whom but it was, You have to make a choice or the only choices you have.

Honestly it amazes me the amount of effort so many towards making life so shitty, bitch about the way life is and being Shitty, guess that'st why I am SJW.

The problem isn't classes the problem is as Einstein put it, out technology has outpaced our humanity.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Life is unfair, and all that shit they sold on TV and still do lying to you was never any more real than Santa Clause, people who are depressed and suicidal, I don't think I have ever felt didn't GET it, I always seem them as people that probably did more than anybody.

The Truth is and I take this from some of the lessons learned from the Holocaust where some held in Nazi concentration camps were asked how they could go on, and the reply I forgot from whom but it was, You have to make a choice or the only choices you have.

Honestly it amazes me the amount of effort so many towards making life so shitty, bitch about the way life is and being Shitty, guess that'st why I am SJW.

The problem isn't classes the problem is as Einstein put it, out technology has outpaced our humanity.
    Can't we elevate humanity with technology?

Bless us with blood

Bless us with blood

Bless us with blood

Bless us with blood
    OK then.......

I like motorcycles and going to bars with my friends, and living in NJ. That's 3 reasons why working is better than being a hobo.

10+ Year Old Account

Bless us with blood

Bless us with blood
    The question isn't if we could.

We won't because if humanities primary motivations are out of wack and we are so lost and confused has to even know where to begin as many are, then technology aren't ever going to.

What is /r9k/?
    I guess it stands for "robot 9k", it is a 4chan forum. I am not really a chan user, so I have no idea what goes there/why, but I always see people making fun of the those users as uber losers.

On topic, not everything about working is negative... quite on the contrary, I really started taking my college seriously when I started working, because it is rewarding. Not only the money, but building projects you can call your own and see them evolving is a great experience.

This of course does not apply to every place you work, but you have to understand three things:
    1) There are several companies you can work for, if you hate the one you work, look for a new one and leave.
    2) You are also responsible for a good working environment.
    3) If you hate every single job you take, it is very likely that you are the problem.

Finally, if you think that it is so easy to get people to work for you and get a load of money by exploring them, you can also start your own business... but spoiler alert, reality is not even close to what you see people whining on the Internet about how they are explored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The question isn't if we could.

We won't because if humanities primary motivations are out of wack and we are so lost and confused has to even know where to begin as many are, then technology aren't ever going to.
    A good leader ought to fix that, wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    A good leader ought to fix that, wouldn't it?
    That is why leadership is important however that relies on the bar not being lowered so much, we could literally elect Mickey Mouse at this point. So the problem is choice, not intellect, not technology.

NEET = No Education, Employment or Training.

Let's break down the pros and cons of NEET, shall we?

NEET
    Pros:
    - unlimited freetime*
    - no daily commute
    - basic life requirements fulfilled by parents (food, shelter, hygiene supplies ain't free)
    - low stress if you're easily anxious
    Cons:
    - *You have no money to do anything other than sit on a PC all day complaining on the Internet
    - You have no hope of a satisfying future without money, training or education
    - massive social stigma, chance of finding love approaches 0 the older a NEET you are
    - build up of extreme discontent, anger, depression and stress for whoever has to take care of you
    - low energy and laziness from your body remaining in a state of low excitement and poor health
    - no car or property to call your own, no feeling of accomplishment
    - hygiene and charisma dubious
    - lots of mysterious crust formations alongside bedsheets, inside socks and around computer area
    - lots of anime. Lots and lots of anime. Probably hentai or furry stuff too.

Thanks but no thanks OP, I work my ass off and every dollar goes towards making a better me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    NEET = No Education, Employment or Training.

Let's break down the pros and cons of NEET, shall we?

NEET
    Pros:
    - unlimited freetime*
    - no daily commute
    - basic life requirements fulfilled by parents (food, shelter, hygiene supplies ain't free)
    - low stress if you're easily anxious
    Cons:
    - *You have no money to do anything other than sit on a PC all day complaining on the Internet
    - You have no hope of a satisfying future without money, training or education
    - massive social stigma, chance of finding love approaches 0 the older a NEET you are
    - build up of extreme discontent, anger, depression and stress for whoever has to take care of you
    - low energy and laziness from your body remaining in a state of low excitement and poor health
    - no car or property to call your own, no feeling of accomplishment
    - hygiene and charisma dubious
    - lots of mysterious crust formations alongside bedsheets, inside socks and around computer area
    - lots of anime. Lots and lots of anime. Probably hentai or furry stuff too.

Thanks but no thanks OP, I work my ass off and every dollar goes towards making a better me.
    Bolded is not a con though.

I mean, what do you do all day? Hang out with your parents at work? I just don't get it. You have no freedom if you don't have money, sadly.

I'm not sure what the point of this is? Work or don't work. The side effects of each choice are pretty obvious.