Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    The Legion legendary effects simply don't count for that much performancewise. If you're getting beat by worse players, it's not because you don't have top tier legendaries. It's because you're wrong about them being worse than you.
    Wut? Not only are they 970 items (and in some cases with excellent stat budgets), but for quite a few of them their effects are huge.

The difference between no legendaries and my current legendaries is 16.6%. The difference with my BiS legendaries is 21.7%

I'd say that's a sizeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but you're wrong. Go look at class sims for DPS specs. Most respectable sites will list sims for differently legendaries, and the good ones can be significantly higher than the shit combos. You also (incorrectly) presume I don't know how to deep-dive into logs and look for things like buff/debuff uptimes, spell choices, damage windows, etc. But hey, if it makes you feel better about your play to think that having the best legendaries have nothing to do with it, more power to ya.
    Maybe for some specs and/or some specific fights.

For example, for affliction locks difference between absolute best and absolute worst pair on a single target is ~5%: http://lockonestopshop.com/guides/Af...irs_st_mg.html
    I don't think 5% is that big of a deal, especially in a non-top guild.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    The most important thing is questing. With emissary chests every day I received legendary every 7-10 days. Without emissary chests I'm receiving legendary may be once in a month. Other than that — just clear everything you can with lockouts: raids, M+0, daily heroics. Terrible design if you ask me. My preferred play style is to raid actual content (and that means wiping a lot progressing on boss with my guild) and doing actually hard M+ (and that means wiping a lot as well, long waiting time, etc). So while I'm doing hard and satisfying content, I'm not stacking this bad luck protection. Now if I faceroll over easy tasks like questing and M+0 (I can literally run from start to end aoeing things down without anyone's help), I'm just spending my time doing boring things and that rewards me with legendaries. Bad game design, very bad. I shouldn't have to choose between interesting gameplay and legendaries.
    Pretty much this, another issue is if you really "get legendary regularly every 1-2 weeks" you're still looking at 12-24 weeks per char of farming mundane shit to get all leggies for 1 spec. The system is designed to fuck up rerolls and respecs (if you have all legendaries for fire and change to frost, you need to farm again etc.) It also makes legion world of dailycraft way way worse than MOP, because in MOP you farmed these dailies for 1-2 months then done and now it's "hey did you do your emissary and broken shore today?"

My main only plays 1 spec and I have 11 out of 12 legendaries (don't care that much about the last so it will come when it comes), but when it comes to alts it's really annoying. I always tend to get good ones on classes I don't enjoy (and get a lot of salt from friends who like these specs and don't have good leggys for them) and when I want to play a class I get a shit one.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Wut? Not only are they 970 items (and in some cases with excellent stat budgets), but for quite a few of them their effects are huge.

The difference between no legendaries and my current legendaries is 16.6%. The difference with my BiS legendaries is 21.7%

I'd say that's a sizeable difference.
    That's not what I'm saying. The effects of having two random legendaries vs the effects of having the two best legendaries is not nearly as big as the person I quoted is making it out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but you're wrong. Go look at class sims for DPS specs. Most respectable sites will list sims for differently legendaries, and the good ones can be significantly higher than the shit combos. You also (incorrectly) presume I don't know how to deep-dive into logs and look for things like buff/debuff uptimes, spell choices, damage windows, etc. But hey, if it makes you feel better about your play to think that having the best legendaries have nothing to do with it, more power to ya.
    No, I'm not wrong, and I don't have the best legendaries, not even close. As a frost mage I have Prydaz, Shattered Fragments, Zannesu's, and Norgannon's. None of those are BiS. None of them are even upper tier. But I don't get butthurt about it because A) there's not shit I can do about it and B) the difference between using what I have and getting BiS legendaries is like 10-20k DPS which is just not a big enough difference for me to be salty about.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I think old M gives about 800 and new 1000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I have more then 8 on a character that is lucky to get 2 hours played a week on it.

What's that smell? Oh yea, it's the smell of bullshit. It's not "luck" legendaries are consistent as fuck when you just do broken shore and emissaries, let alone any actual pve content.
    Well, I'm at ~10.5 billion AP (i.e. just a few hundred million from my 58th point). I didn't get that by sitting around fapping all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you don't have close to all or all of your legendaries on your main at this point you really don't play the game much at all and have no right to complain.
    Hi, I have 48 days /played at max level (which I consider too much now that I think about it) and I still lack 5 legendaries on my main spec, which happen to be the 4 best ones for Fury and one useless one that I'm probably going to get next time with my shit luck. I run NH and ToS N/H every week, as well as a selection of Mythic and M+ dungeons, and get emissaries whenever I feel like I should. Please tell me how this is my fault.

Yes, I know legendaries don't account for that much in terms of performance. But it's a very stupid system regardless, to have some fairly significant gear upgrades locked behind nothing but pure RNG that you can only partly counter by not having a life and playing this game like it was your job. I like Legion overall, but the Legendaries are an unmitigated failure as far as I'm concerned. I dearly hope they toss this idea to the garbage bin for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. The effects of having two random legendaries vs the effects of having the two best legendaries is not nearly as big as the person I quoted is making it out to be.
    Except when it completely is.

Prot warrior gloves+bracers >>>>>>> whatever other combo you can name.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Except when it completely is.

Prot warrior gloves+bracers >>>>>>> whatever other combo you can name.
    I guarantee they're not good enough to be all butthurt because you didn't get them first.
    Beta Club Brosquad

From 22 legendarys on my main, I only got 2 in the same week. All others took the typical BadLuckProtection triggering amount of farming raids/dungeons/daily.

I just do the easy LFR / NORMAL / HEROIC clears like everybody else, I do all M+0 and a few M+Keys.
    Getting each ID / week 1 new legendary since the first 4 (soft cap removed).

My LFR / NORMAL / HEROIC kill counter looks like this:

You get insane AP amounts by just doing this
    Last edited by Ange; 2017-07-19 at 11:46 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    From 22 legendarys on my main, I only got 2 in the same week. All others took the typical BadLuckProtection triggering amount of farming raids/dungeons/daily.

I just do the easy LFR / NORMAL / HEROIC clears like everybody else, I do all M+0 and a few M+Keys.
    Getting each ID / week 1 new legendary since the first 4 (soft cap removed).

Just kept doing, steady 1 legendary/week.

-

Pretty much non-repeatable lootable content give the most BLP.

Simple M dungeons, LFR/Normal/HC tiers and anything of that sort, generally weekly reset content give the most BLP, like the M+ chest at your class hall.

Then its probably daily thing like Emmisaries and then repeatable content.

You could easily force 1 legendary per week/4 days with doing the above before 7.2.5, i know 3 people that did it, its pretty much guaranteed weekly drop doing all LFR/Normals/Heroic versions of raids up to now, and simple M dungeons, its a matter of what drops them after, like not all things drop legendaries and some have higher base chance.

A friend that resubbed 2 weeks ago got 3 legendaries in these 2 weeks, 1 as he resubbed (how surprising), one after a few days of doing all LFRs and Normal ToS/Half HC ToS and the 3rd right after doing all weekly content this week.

It all comes down to "How much time are you gonna waste to force them to drop "
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-04 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Time brings more bad luck protection than everything else, i got a leggy on an alt and didn't do any activity with that toon for 2 weeks, then i logged it back, did 3 emissary and broken shore and got another leggy
    Wrong, one of my alts has been max lvl since October, but still only has 1 legendary. Realtime seems to add absolutely nothing.

I can't believe such thing as bad luck protection exists... rng should be rng

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I can't believe such thing as bad luck protection exists... rng should be rng
    I can't believe such thing as extreme rng exists... people should be rewarded proportionally to the effort they put. Do x amount of stuff receive payoff.

Prioritize normal/heroic over mythic EN. LFR too in the off hours when you don't have groups available, but Wing 2NH/3NH/2 ToS can take awhile with the trash (anyone here remember ToT Wing 2?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Wrong, one of my alts has been max lvl since October, but still only has 1 legendary. Realtime seems to add absolutely nothing.
    Real time DOES add absolutely nothing. This was the only thing clear about the whole process from the start. You have to actually do things to get blp.

Best way is emissary and old raids.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I really play very little (1 or 2 m+ per week, hardly 1 normal TOS raid, almost no lfr, no normal mythics, mostly world quests) but I feel like the boxes from the broken shore for the Legion Supply Stuff give a lot of BLP. Got a legendary on my pally like 2 weeks ago and 2 weeks after with hardly doing anything I turned in around 800 supply currency things for 8 boxes and had the next leggy.

yes broken shore boxes help a lot.
    my alts do nothing but missions in the class hall and i get a leg every month or so by turning in roughly 2000-3000 resources for boxes.

What is very important to consider is that, given data from personal experiences and guildies/friends, the best you can do within your control is getting ~1 legendary/week. The keys to consider are that things that have limits (weekly lockouts, daily lockouts) seem to give the best BLP. Anything SPAMMABLE/repeatable, seems to have diminishing returns. That is all we can go off of.

TLDR - Do as many as you can off the following: ALL LFR, all normal, all heroic, all mythic raids (if you can), mythic0 world tour, daily heroic, daily bg, daily bonus bg --> Everything else (lootable treasures, caches received from turnins on the shore), M+ spam all contribute less.
    Last edited by Artamor; 2017-08-10 at 05:49 PM.