Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

Voidform Stacks?

On average I am hitting ~43-48 Voidform stacks, even with Mindbender and Auspicious. I have 13,000 haste, 12,000 crit, ~5500 mastery. I use the legendary belt and ring, but have every legendary. I am 917 ilvl typically using an 880 Arcano, and 915 Terror. I do NOT have any new tier, just the old 4 pieces.

What are some tips to get the most stacks out of voidform? I see people consistently hitting 50-60 stacks. I don't know how that is possible unless you have hero.

that sounds about right for not having new tier, 60 stacks even with new 4 piece you won't really hit all the time as it will come down to rng with spirits and tentacle proc, the goal is just around 53-55 or so as that lets you continue the same rotation by having void torrent and mindbender up the same point every void form. It is very hard to pull this off without the new 4 piece though.

Only thing I can say is just make sure you aren't wasting globals and when you have to move try and do it by only moving with instant casts, make sure you get in get the 2 globals between each void bolt when you're under 130-140% haste(pretty much always outside of bl).

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    that sounds about right for not having new tier, 60 stacks even with new 4 piece you won't really hit all the time as it will come down to rng with spirits and tentacle proc, the goal is just around 53-55 or so as that lets you continue the same rotation by having void torrent and mindbender up the same point every void form. It is very hard to pull this off without the new 4 piece though.

Only thing I can say is just make sure you aren't wasting globals and when you have to move try and do it by only moving with instant casts, make sure you get in get the 2 globals between each void bolt when you're under 130-140% haste(pretty much always outside of bl).
    I forgot that the new 4 set reduces insanity drain... That's why I can't hit higher stacks of VF... As for play, I wait until I have a void bolt/other instants available before moving, especially with my 4 set I can move by casting 2-3 VB's one after another. There is one aspect I still am slightly confused about: I find myself randomly casting Mind Flay in between Mind Blast/Void Bolt cooldowns to proc my tentacle (if I don't have one up), which appears to cause Voidbolt to go on the global cd. Is this a problem? Someone had once mentioned I should VB>MB>VB>MB, is that right?

No that's correct to do so, maybe you read the misinformed guy in the other thread, you fit in two globals between each void bolt until you reach around 140% haste or so, which only happens with large haste buffs such as bl, so mostly you will be using void bolt on cooldown and then mb > mf(or other way around) and cancel that when void bolt is ready. You do have to wait slightly longer to get the void bolt off but the damage and insanity gain from mf makes up for that, especially when you get the new 2 piece.

I'd recommend checking out the howtopriest forums and discord for more information though, pretty much everything you need to know there.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Roger that. I'll be quite honest with you, I used to frequent howtopriest but the website itself occasionally locks up my browser. It is really a pain, so I don't go there.

Thanks for the info.

Deleted
    I have 4 pieces of T20 where, on average, I am hitting ~50-55 Voidform stacks. Normally use Mindbender with ~28-30.
    So i think its normal to get ~43 Voidform stacks without the new 4 pieces

I can get >60 stacks on maiden of vigilance (62 on best log), with lucky proc's and BL on second fase (after first teleport where i use dispersion to get some time and hitting second VT).