Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    More solo content. If nobody is online, you can't do group content. That immediately destroys immersion.

1. "We" can't.

2. The devs can't, either. Even if they wanted to (which they don't) the backlash would be brutal. They'd have to add new progression paths and meaningful rewards to activities other than raiding (such as scenarios, dungeons or w/e), which would in turn cause a massive wave of complaints coming from people who would "feel forced" to do those other things as well. Not to mention the players that are so psychologically dependant on the (rather poor) social aspect of the game that just can't stand the existence of viable progression paths for solo players.

Just as it is and with the current dev team and player base, WoW is as stale and as obsolete as an MMO can be from a player-experience point of view.
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2017-07-12 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    1. "We" can't.

2. The devs can't, either. Even if they wanted to (which they don't) the backlash would be brutal. They'd have to add new progression paths and significant rewards to activities other than raiding (such as scenarios, dungeons or w/e), which would in turn cause a massive wave of complaints coming from people who would "feel forced" to do those other things as well. Not to mention the players that are so psychollogically dependant on the (rather poor) social aspect of the game that just can't stand the existence of viable progression paths for solo players.

Just as it is and with the current dev team and player base, WoW is as stale and as obsolete as an MMO can be from a player-experience point of view.
    I think they will get a backlash no matter what they do. Millions of people never agree on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    World PvP for actual rewards. Like make a weekly world quest that gives out a ton of AP or even a chance to drop a vicious mount saddle to kill a capital city boss. Have the quest go both ways. One is kill x number of enemy players for the quest the other is kill the enemy boss. Have one quest for each side.
    I like this idea. Add it to the rotation of weekly events.

I feel like the competitive environment is the very problem itself. I'd look to a lot of the non-competitive aspects of Everquest. What made that game so addicting was more the relationships and having fun playing it with online friends. Loads of people played it long after the game itself lost its luster for them solely because they enjoyed the time with friends. Without question, the best gaming experience I've had outside of the competition/fighting over mob spawns elements. My WoW experience has primarily been watching the Devs progressively make the game worse and adding too much.

Get rid of dailies/artificially locking things.

Quit pushing out content like raid tiers so fast

Make your reputation matter and maximize reliance on others. In EQ you basically had to do everything in groups and for long periods of time. You couldn't easily transfer and for almost everything had to rely on others and help each other out.

Quit screwing with characters. I love the class/spec I play but Blizzard messes wit it so much it sometimes feels like they basically change the class all time.

Quit focusing on stupid rotations. Boring as all get out. It isn't fun nor interesting to have annoying spell rotations. Let us focus on the larger fight and those mechanics.

Fundamentally, have the focus be on working with/getting to know others to collaborate and beat things without the negative ways a competitive environment adversely impacts that objective. Everyone wants to have the "best" items. Make it feasible to get all of the pets/mounts/achievements/items with some challenge and hard work. It is a lot of fun to fully develop your main character.

Anyway, my two cents agree or not shrug.

Deleted
    And i really would like a 'fro for gnomes. After all those years of bidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @A dot Ham

Yes that post gave me the idea for this thread...any problem?

Is not like this thread will go far anyway
    Threads where you ask something out of a person never go too far. Specialy if you ask for "imagination" stuff.
    The issue is that you use the "question" of addiction, to circle back to your original point in the last thread which was this ridiculous idea of prestige, and why it keeps people playing having fun.

If the topic/question had simply been how to make the game more fun/addicting... it would have been fine. But the bulk/body of your post is the same philosophy from the prestige thread. Your entire hypothesis is predicated on the anecdotal notion that players will simply rise to the occasion when presented with the "Get gud, or get out!" conundrum. This is a debunked philosophy from the GC era.

While seeing that pompous, obnoxious, and contemptible player clad in the games highest and latest available tier gear may have "inspired" you in the early days of WoW, and perhaps when you became that pompous, obnoxious, and contemptible player you enjoyed the game more... but that isn't everyone's experience.

The reality is that only 5% of players were experiencing relevant content when it was current. The overwhelming majority of players hadn't even seen the inside of BT much less Sunwell during BC, or the inside of Naxx or AQ40. That isn't a sustainable model. "Chasing the rabbit" only works for so long.

I will tell you that my personal experience I NEVER envied any of those guys. At any given time of day you could find them peacocking by the Orgrimmar bank. It made you question if they were a statue, or if they ever even actually played the game to earn that gear. I mean how could they? They were ALWAYS there.

Its kind of like CEOs and upper management of companies. Everyone wants their salaries... but no one really wants to BE them... they hate their bosses, they hate the greed.

Bring it back to your discussion of addiction... likewise if a person gambles all their life and then hits it big one day... no one really envies that person. Ya they wish they had their money... but the life they lived before and after the winnings... nobody wants that.

I always find it hilarious how the people who run in those top 5% of guilds/players doing high end content, its never the people who truly deserve notoriety and prestige... its always those players that are finishing up Mythics JUST before new content drops that are crusading and pleading with developers to give them something UNIQUE.

WoD tried that btw in case you forgot. They awarded generic shit to LFR players... and people loved it... or did they? Did people rise to the occasion and complete organized raiding simply because that was where the best loot/best looking gear was at? Do you even know what the data looks like for raid participation and player engagement for that time?

Set max-level to 80,
    You can choose what expansions you want to level 60-80 in.
    All raids are scaled to max-level.
    New expansions dont increase the level cap
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    @A dot Ham

I don't know if you noticed but we are already divided by Social Classes in current WoW with item level

My opinion is that item level is not Addicting/Fun in any way or form. In fact i think is something that almost no one wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    @A dot Ham

I don't know if you noticed but we are already divided by Social Classes in current WoW with item level

My opinion is that item level is not Addicting/Fun in any way or form. In fact i think is something that almost no one wants.
    So people don't like division based on performance, but do like division based on looks? Color me confused.

How exactly did you get to that conclusion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    So people don't like division based on performance, but do like division based on looks? Color me confused.
    Yeah that's exactly what i think. Looks > Performance

It would be fine if you could use said "performance" to do something outside raiding...but you can't. So basically item level is useless outside raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    beeing able to sell raid mounts on the autionhouse

i still have a 2nd ZA mount from bc in my bank... the day they do this jackpot... :>

Put a freaking level editor in there, let people create quest/dungeon/raid content.
    There will be so much original stuff to try out that everybody will lose their mind. People would come back for that, it would make a gigantic advertisement, first MMO with player generated content (I think...), endless new stuff to do. Not only doing the content but creating it of course. Look how well it did/does in WC3 and SC2, and a bunch of other games that offer a level editor. WoW needs that, it would literally revitalize the game entirely.

wow, I amaze myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Trade skills : Create trade skill "recipes" that require items found only out in the world. Items should come from all over and there should be multiple levels of rarity: the rarer the item the higher the level of the recipe that can use it. Recipes requiring ultra rare components should be competitive with raiding gear. I present this as an idea for getting more people out, and more regularly out, in the world.
    PvP : Add more mini-pvp to the open world, similar to what we had back in BC. I present this idea as another way of getting people out in to the world. Things have changed significantly since BC/WotLK with regards to PvP but I fondly remember many hours spend defending the various open world PvP hubs in BC and spending a ridiculous amount of time in Wintergrasp both during and between the event. I believe, if done right, open world PvP can still be can still be a solid draw for bringing people out into the real world. Note: these hubs should be spread around rather than being just one single zone.
    Create player housing, something similar to what was in EQ2 would be nice. Do not attach any kind of questing to housing. People love building. Add housing that allows people to be creative and I think you'll re-addict many players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's exactly what i think. Looks > Performance

It would be fine if you could use said "performance" to do something outside raiding...but you can't. So basically item level is useless outside raids.
    Again, how did you come to that conclusion? What data do you have to back that up?

Just throwing this out there but perhaps people just don't like the division, period.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Lets not make it addicting. Not sure why people are attracted to word. Its like saying "I CANT WAIT TO GET SICK!!"
    My guess is that in terms of 'addicting', it's less about being awake and online for multiple days in a row, and more about less inclination to unsub at various points in an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A free pez dispenser that spits out crack rocks and other assorted narcotics the longer you play.

Maybe being as high as a kite will make legion 'fun'.

bring back personal responsibility. meaning, very very little timegating, no story gated by timegates.

never do anything like the legionfall campaign again. legitimate story campaigns only.

add a solo storymode for raids and dungeons. have each one play out more cinematically, tell the story much better than raids do. more personal. no gear from it, but a transmog set you could farm for in it. have champions that you could choose to come with you, that you could even make look like your alts.

i'd change the mission table so that it would NEVER be involved in a story chain ever again. it would now be a mini game where you choose which champions you want to go on the mission, then you go into a scenario where you play as one of the champions with set abilities, some shared and some unique.

i'd also have daily quest hubs along with wq's. with like two or three variations of the quests that can pop up there.

all i can think of for now.

Scale all the zones, so you can level in any zone from 1 to BEGINNING of the current content, then you have to level from lets say 110-120 in the new content and cant do 1-120 anywhere.

1-60 is too fast even without Heirlooms and just doing quests, i would do 1-100 in just Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor if i could.