Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    By maybe putting a end to World of Meleecraft in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Legacy servers /thread.
    i'd do that too, actually.

but only like maybe 4 of them for classic, BC, and wotlk.

if the demand is high and stays high, i'd have like 4 more made for each one. increase it based on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Set max-level to 80,
    You can choose what expansions you want to level 60-80 in.
    All raids are scaled to max-level.
    New expansions dont increase the level cap
    That doesn't even change the game in any way lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by decsis View Post
    By maybe putting a end to World of Meleecraft in PVP?
    And the only correct way to do this is by making casters actually enjoyable to play instead of being fucking plants taking roots in the ground.
    Which they did but then decided against fun.

Also there need to be more solo content. Like in blade & soul. 1 vs 1 arena, infinity tower to see who really knows how to play his class, not being carried or playing fotm. 1vs1 is the only area where skill matters.

As long as everything is in a MMO environment, solo != offline. I bet player numbers would instantly be factored by 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    All other games are addicting because of "Ranked Systems" so:
    Lolwhat? I've never once in my life been addicted to a game because of a "ranked system" and TBH I don't know anyone else who has. A game gets addicting when there's so much stuff you want to do but don't have enough time to do it, and all of it ends up being fun.

I got addicted to WoW when I was in high school and never had enough time to play more. Questions I wanted answers to were "What's that dungeon like?", "What cool spells do I learn next level?", "How can I get awesome armor like that guy?", etc., and I didn't really get to answer many of them until years later (again, due to time constraints), yet I still loved the game. Now, I have not enough things to do and way too much time on my hands, resulting in what's basically the opposite effect, just going through the motions but not really enjoying myself as much.

Anyways, if you cater towards players who are "addicted to ranked systems", you're catering to a crowd that is so miniscule compared to the rest that you might as well either make a new game for it, or it's simply not worth your time, because you have another 90-95% of the population who will pass on this. You need to have systems that both the below average and even higher tier players can enjoy. Mythic+ is a great example of this kind of content, but there needs to be more. I'd love to see other infinity-scaling content like this, maybe older raids? Maybe solo content that can also be grouped (FFXIV's endless dungeon is a good example)?

Also the more stuff WITHOUT stupid fucking time locks, the better. Time gating players is one of the best ways you can just suck the fun out of players. IMO there should never be a feature in a game that's implemented and you literally just have to wait (hours, days, weeks IRL) to do it. You already had to wait the weeks, months, maybe even a year for the new content/expansion, so why should you have to wait even more for the content that's already implemented? If you want a system that has a time gate BUT you can do stuff meanwhile to lessen or even remove the time altogether, then that's fine, but man Blizzard just does it so horribly nowadays. Chromie might be one of the best examples of time-gating but even then, they should have had a way that you can grind out the time remaining on talents (either through Sands of Time or whatever).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Man I have not posted here in a long time. Quit just after getting that 10 year statue. any way here are my thoughts on what would make WoW more fun.

1) Legacy server (of course that would be a no brainer I feel)

2) They really should look at some mechanics from their other game Diablo 3 which I feel is a masterpiece. They could incorprate seasons into normal play. How about bosses drop tokens and when opened it randomly give your loot/gear/weapons the stats like Diablo's does...randomly. I really like chasing the carrot in my games and I always like something to stive for...namely making my character stronger tohave the opportunity to do cooler things.

3. Solo bosses, where skill + gear are the main points to killing them. So you need both to advance and also have a leaderboard associated with it. Have like 5 different bosses. Each Boss has 13 levels of difficulty, the goal is to get to level 13, then have the quickest time killing it. The leaderboard only would show how you did versus your own class. You can only use gear gained from non-raid/non-pvp circumstances (so 5 mans and quests/crafting) Killing these bosses could get you a rewards like a title/pets/mounts.

4. Guild houses. One main house for your guild. Where is shows trophies based on bosses killed and other feats, PvP champions etc and other features
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i still have a 2nd ZA mount from bc in my bank... the day they do this jackpot... :>
    only works with mounts that you got after the patch went live

IMO, revert most of the game back to BC minus transmog. Get rid of any que system. LFG/LFR were the worst things that ever happened to this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being able to pick a leader character lore wise in game to be your personal teacher-mentor of showing your how to learn skills/spells beyond of what your class trainer can learn you.. me personally I'd pick Jaina Proudmoore cause she's my most favorite of all lore characters.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't know that WoW needs to be any more addictive. Or even it that's possible after 10+ years.

2. I don't know that we need to divide up players so specifically by skill level.

3. I don't know that ranked systems are addictive for everyone or even most people.

So all of that I think is terribly wrong. Especially for the second point, if there are really cool things for players of less skill that will force most any player who has a "completist" instinct (it's a sizable group) to wander through content less than their skill level to pick up stuff. That's essentially the same thing that nearly everyone said when LFR first was around and for years afterward, that they were "forced" to do this stuff for the reward and achievement. It's a very dumb idea and that's all I've got to say about it.

Ideas I like:

1. Player generated content: Provide players with a toolkit of assets and mini-scripts and let them construct their own scenarios and dungeons. Submit them to Blizzard for a quarterly or semi-annual contest and the best ones get added to the game. Highly risky and very much something that runs against nearly everything Blizzard believes about WoW but given a proper set of tools it would give people not only something to do but very likely some decent creative content would result from it.

2. Make the game more of an adventure. Bring back some RPG elements that have been lost. Make expansions in such a way that instead of 90% new and 10% old world content (if that) it runs more like 70-30 or 60-40. Stop thinking of stories that affect just the current expansion but start to think about bigger stories that affect the entire world. Don't be afraid to send people all over the game world to do them. Some will, some won't. That's fine.

3. Customizable player/guild housing done right is a great mini-game. Make it completely optional but take the really good idea that was at the heart of garrisons and really rethink it without mission tables (relocate the missions to NPC's) and make missions something that players must or guilds would participate in. Do a variation of dailies and world quests (another pretty good idea) that in addition to current reward types also rewards stuff that can go into player/guild housing.

4. Guilds: Expand and nurture the guild system by allowing players to associate with who they want without the serial monogamous relationship forced on people now.

5. Communities: Allow people with like interests to group together in larger communities. Make the game more social for players that want to be social. If someone wants to form an iron-man community then great. There should be one. Etcetera.

6. Provide some special instance world areas where role-players can gather if they so wish. The areas could have some mild scripting and even have a boss or NPC's show up to disrupt specific events (think something optional garrison invasions but out in the wild with something trying to break into your solemn ceremony. Could be switched on and off if the group just wants quiet).

7. Stop trying to force people on PVE realms into PVP areas. It's just annoying and doesn't do anything for PVP.

8. This will go against the grain but their idea for pristine realms wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It would certainly be something of a break from what I think is rather boring world play now. I understand why people who wanted actual vanilla realms were against them but I've always thought that this was a case of demanding perfect being the enemy of something that was better.

9. Take the limits off professions at the account level. Allow people to make gear for themselves with rich, complicated recipes that require world travel and some time for each piece that can equal some of the best gear in the game. Allow full sets to be made concurrently.

There's other stuff but that's enough for now.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-12 at 09:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    3. I don't know that ranked systems are addictive for everyone or even most people.
    Every person who does "ranked battle" and is after the rewards of said ranked system in other games.
    It's almost every single online game.
    But some people stick to "normal battle" and don't bother with it.

The "social division" i was talking about would be "people with or without the special items and which difficulty".

It would be a simulation of the ranked system of most games. Playing on the emotions of people who want to be competetive (like in other games)
    A simulation of oldschool WoW but with LFR and Transmog in mind.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-12 at 10:24 PM.

Make more things other than Mythic raids challenging

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    get rid of menu craft philosophy and back to a "living world" of a mmo, stop pruning of classes abilities for the sake of pruning, complete overhaul of all things pvp
    This..
    they will never admit it or fix it. But the pruning of pretty much every class
    started the decline. I still say the plan was putting WOW onto console so they needed to remove stuff.
    trouble was some classes are almost there with 3-4 button rotation whilst others its impossible to remove more.

If someone actually reversed most of the "pruning" it would help so much ,The amount of former players who have said
    they would return of the classes got better rotations back. Clicking 3-4 buttons the same spells over and over, And they wonder
    why the Game got boring. Its the main reason I decided on a lock in 2006 (destruct) because of the array of spells you had.

And you are right. PVP and world PVP is just awful. Its not something that a few Minor changes are going to fix
    they spent years driving it into a tree and it needs urgent long term attention

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    How is this any different from this thread (which you also created)?:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...great-PRESTIGE

And subsequently posted the exact same thing yesterday:

Just because people do not respond to a given post, does not give you ammo to go create another duplicate thread just to get create visibility and make people view and respond to your comments.

Reporting for spam.

Your need to be seen and admired both here and in game smacks of narcissism and no game should be developing content to cater to personality disorders.
    damn exposed
    change can't wait.

-Remove Transmog
    -Remove LFR
    -Remove Artifacts
    -Remove Flying
    -Re-vamp all professions so they are actually useful instead of herb/mining
    -Remove or cap warforging / titan forging
    -Remove legendary system
    -Rescale numbers (players having 100k health sounds resonable)
    -Stop the constant buff nerf cycle of every class every small patch
    -Merge servers have maybe 15 big servers instead of a bunch of little ones
    -Remove instancing / zoned in world (no more of this zoned/instanced BS where you never see anyone)
    -Scrap flex bring back 10 mans / 25 mans (better yet 40 mans)
    -More exploration features are always fun / random world events etc
    -Open up all class+race combos
    -More character customization
    -Make battleground pvp not suck
    -Stop scaling pvp vs world vs dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    I just quit this game, I don't need it to become addicting again and pull me back in somehow. I let it run my life for the last five years, not doing that again. Well, I should say the last 12 years, I've been playing since Vanilla, but the last five was the worst. Don't make it more addicting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drswole View Post
    -Remove Transmog
    -Remove LFR
    -Remove Artifacts
    -Remove Flying
    -Re-vamp all professions so they are actually useful instead of herb/mining
    -Remove or cap warforging / titan forging
    -Remove legendary system
    -Rescale numbers (players having 100k health sounds resonable)
    -Stop the constant buff nerf cycle of every class every small patch
    -Merge servers have maybe 15 big servers instead of a bunch of little ones
    -Remove instancing / zoned in world (no more of this zoned/instanced BS where you never see anyone)
    -Scrap flex bring back 10 mans / 25 mans (better yet 40 mans)
    -More exploration features are always fun / random world events etc
    -Open up all class+race combos
    -More character customization
    -Make battleground pvp not suck
    -Stop scaling pvp vs world vs dungeons
    Remove transmog? Are you kidding me? That was one of the best things they ever added. I hated running around looking like everyone else. Now people can look more unique.

Since i can ask for the moon, More social features such as.....

Split screen / picture in picture. I can set it to anyone who gives permission & it allows me to fully interact with that toon as if I controlled them (while not ACTUALLY controlling or modifying anything on their account or toon). For example, i open a picture in picture of a friend. It pops up and i see he is in the middle of raiding evil Khadgar. I can open their character panel, spell book, talents, spin the view around, look at the room, etc but none of this actually affects anything my friend does or alters their toon in any way.

I want to be able to dynamically record my game play and record any picture in picture i choose and it creates both a video file on my computer and a special playback file on my computer that can be replayed in-game.

I want eveything we have to access a website for to be integrated into the actual game menu system instead. Armory should be fully accessed in game. Leaderboards should all be in game accessible from anywhere instantly and always updated. There should be leaderboards for every dungeon and raid, sortable by deaths, kills, cleas, group/raid comp, and a comment section for each. There should be in game forums.

Top raiding guilds should have an in game leaderboard listing kill progress. Should have been in there in vanilla. Why are we going to websites for this??

Macros should be expanded. Increase the number of macros allowed and WAY more than 256 chars. Allow people to share macros.

More robust private channels. If i create a private channel i should be a permanent owner otherwise they dont work. How hard is that to figure out?? I wind up using private channels and guard the name and if the name grts out we junk it. Easy to fix, never fixed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

getting rid of the equation-masturbating apes they have in the class design team would be an amazing start

Add NM raiding (and TW Raids like BT) and Mythic Dungeons to the LFG/LFR system.

I will more then happy sub if blizzard announced tomorrow all three are queable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD