Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ha. Weren't you going on and on previously about treatment of indigenous people in Canada. Now you're against them? This is not right.
    Well the problem is that its not directed of meant to treat indigenous ppl of Canada in a hateful way. Its just a star trek quote. Which makes this whole lawsuit stupid.

Vanity plate rules are pretty ridiculous to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And if you look directly below you can see the shark Canada just jumped over.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/asimil8...ourt-1.3499283

Really? He expects us to have sympathy and be on his side over a vanity license plate? Shape up son. Reconciliation and treating people fairly is more important than your license plate.

You claim you fight for the rights of those oppressed, but you lie, you fight to be the oppressor. You show that you know nothing about 1/2 the things that you post when you respond like this. Try actually reading the things you post. hell, just read the part that you bolded and open your eyes.

You claim you believe in free speech, but what you really mean is you believe in only the speech that you agree with, everyone you disagree with you call hate speech.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't crying over. It's 2 citizens using their rights to effect change.
    Change over what? The fact that they didn't get the reference? Should CBS rewrite the Borg too?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

As if assimilation was something bad. The entire situation is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horseshit... its two whiny asses that cant read and cant comprehend what they actually can read trying to trying to violate the human rights of another person.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't get why we mock and laugh when Christians say they are "offended" by shit like gay and trans people, but when people are offended by a fucking license plate we have to stop the presses.
    blah blah blah privilege plus power blah blah blah doesn't count when its a majority group blah blah blah no intellectual inconsistency here nope blah blah blah

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's 2 fuckwits having a cry and wanting sympathy for stupid shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha. Weren't you going on and on previously about treatment of indigenous people in Canada. Now you're against them? This is not right.
    No, not against their people, against this clearly uneducated push to strip someone of their right of free expression. You would think that folks would celebrate diversity (you claim you do, but you are obviously NOT in this case) You are correct, this isn't right to have no basis to strip some of their human rights based on uneducated feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Nobody can be offended.
    The very existence of Star Trek offends people who can't remember that it's a different thing from Star Wars, presumably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Ya, but Canadians shouldn't complain about people who refuse to assimilate.
    Why is that?

Really? He expects us to have sympathy and be on his side over a vanity license plate? Shape up son. Reconciliation and treating people fairly is more important than your license plate.
    Easy on the drugs pal. Paranoia is starting to get to you. Not everything is about your precious minorities.

The problem is people like you that voice these kinds of unwarranted news/concerns over shitty "look i'm offended" arguments.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Sorry, but rights dont end where feeling begin. I side with the defendant, easily.

God, you work for a boulevard magazine aren't you? Nobody cares about some idiots who think a normal word in the real world is offensive. Thats his own freedom. But the court is right because of one sentence in your asinine quote: Words are not allowed on license plates. That is all. Neither your 2 poor idiots who are offended nor the trekkie are of any importance.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Some people really do love censorship.

Freedom of expression is such an old fashioned concept anyway

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    God, you work for a boulevard magazine aren't you? Nobody cares about some idiots who think a normal word in the real world is offensive. Thats his own freedom. But the court is right because of one sentence in your asinine quote: Words are not allowed on license plates. That is all. Neither your 2 poor idiots who are offended nor the trekkie are of any importance.
    The law allows it, vanity license plates have been a thing for a long time and Canadians pay extra to have customized plates.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get it. How come this is even considered a problem? It is a reference to a movie that sadly can be ill used against others, yes - but so can, vacate and others. This shouldn't have gone further than to him having to explain why the plate. You can't protect people from the words of the world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

I sure do hope you're being purposefully antagonistic OP.

This is an obviously rubbish ruling - when we start forbidding things 'because people get offended' then the end of society is nigh.

I mean, I find your Yes man attitude offensive, should I ring up the goverment to lock you up?

How is this offensive? Lol, only in ..