Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump admitted to firing Comey to bury the Russia investigation on live TV to the whole nation. He doesn't need to be personally being investigated for it to be obstruction. And you have to be delusional to think an investigation into his campaign does not include him.

Going to a meeting to get information from a Russian lawyer with Kremlin connections is a crime. One Trump Jr. admitted to and implicated Manafort and Kushner in as well.
    Trump said on live tv he was going to fire him regardless. The fact that his decision was supported by both sessions and Rothstein or w/e his name is kinda douses that whole notion. The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump could have fired him because the white house is white or for no reason what so ever.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but if what you are saying is true, that meeting with a Russian lawyer who has kremlin connections is a crime. Why aren't arrest warrants being issued for everyone and anyone who decided to put this woman on their payroll at Fusion GPS? Why is Loretta lynch not being arrested for letting her in the country without a visa? What you are saying doesn't add up.

In regards to Djr is their a specific statute you are referring to that has some applicable case law to it?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Donnie Jr, Kushner, and Manafort were unaware of that, if it's actually true (which right now, we don't fully know). As far as all of them knew, based on the introductory email, she was acting on behalf of the Russian government specifically to provide support to the Trump campaign.

It's like you're not even trying.

It just has a direct connection to members of his family, campaign, and administration.

Also, he just admitted he may have known about it today while speaking to press on Air Force One.

Because this is Stupid Watergate.
    Come on, Lay off with the silly putdowns. Just state your case and let it rest on it's merits like a adult.

You have a link to that statement? Would be interested in seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafyr View Post
    Trump could have fired him because the white house is white or for no reason what so ever.
    But he didn't. He fired him because of the Russia investigation by his own admission on live TV.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but if what you are saying is true, that meeting with a Russian lawyer who has kremlin connections is a crime. Why aren't arrest warrants being issued for everyone and anyone who decided to put this woman on their payroll at Fusion GPS? Why is Loretta lynch not being arrested for letting her in the country without a visa? What you are saying doesn't add up.

In regards to Djr is their a specific statute you are referring to that has some applicable case law to it?
    Because it's all part of the on going investigation by Robert Mueller.

Trump said on live tv he was going to fire him regardless. The fact that his decision was supported by both sessions and Rothstein or w/e his name is kinda douses that whole notion. The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump could have fired him because the white house is white or for no reason what so ever.
    That was actually in a recorded interview, and it directly contradicted his comments from days earlier that he only did so at the recommendation of the AG/DAG, which was also what members of his administration and his VP were saying.

You're right, Trump can fire him for whatever he wants. But one would imagine that Trump and his team could at least stick to a single story if it was, you know, the truth and shit.

Because most of your post is largely fictitious nonsense, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You still have not proved he lied about that meeting.
    That will be part of the investigation, you still haven't answered the question do you believe he is telling the truth this time? since you know he lied the other times. Also you can no longer say Russia trying to interfere in the elections in favor of Trump is fake news baby steps

I'm going off what is said in the emails. Not the lies of a known liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Which would have been fine.

EXCEPT Trump himself admitted on national TV that he fired Comey to make the Russia thing go away.
    Huh? All Trump said was that he was going to fire him regardless of any recommendation. He didn't say," I fired comey to make the Russia investigation go away." The things you are alleging don't seem to be grounded in reality.

Huh? All Trump said was that he was going to fire him regardless of any recommendation. He didn't say," I fired comey to make the Russia investigation go away." The things you are alleging don't seem to be grounded in reality.
    You didn't even watch the interview did you?

Come on, Lay off with the silly putdowns. Just state your case and let it rest on it's merits like a adult.
    Hey, if you're going to quarter ass your post with easily refutable nonsense, I'm going to call it just that.

You have a link to that statement? Would be interested in seeing it.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...russia-meeting

What reporters thought was off the record, was actually apparently on the record according to Trump. Oops.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politi...ing/index.html

"And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,"
    “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off,”

From Trump's May 10th meeting with the Russians at the white house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That will be part of the investigation, you still haven't answered the question do you believe he is telling the truth this time? since you know he lied the other times. Also you can no longer say Russia trying to interfere in the elections in favor of Trump is fake news baby steps
    I will believe him until i see proof he lied. I think the Russians tried to interfere with the election. Same as the US tried to interfere with Israel's. This is common practice. The answer to to have better security.

I will believe him until i see proof he lied. I think the Russians tried to interfere with the election. Same as the US tried to interfere with Israel's. This is common practice. The answer to to have better security.
    Your willingness to believe a known liar who has lied about this meeting repeatedly is baffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if you're going to quarter ass your post with easily refutable nonsense, I'm going to call it just that.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...russia-meeting

What reporters thought was off the record, was actually apparently on the record according to Trump. Oops.
    Ok. Act like who you are then.

Ok. He said maybe it was mentioned. He does not know for sure. So, prove he knows for sure. lol His son said he did not mention it to his dad, now it is possible it was mentioned by someone during one of their several meetings. And I can easily imagine with all that is going on, him not remembering it for sure.

That was actually in a recorded interview, and it directly contradicted his comments from days earlier that he only did so at the recommendation of the AG/DAG, which was also what members of his administration and his VP were saying.

You're right, Trump can fire him for whatever he wants. But one would imagine that Trump and his team could at least stick to a single story if it was, you know, the truth and shit.

Because most of your post is largely fictitious nonsense, that's why.
    What about my post is fictitious?

I wasn't aware Trump had personally made a statement himself on the Comey thing. I thought the big deal was that his on camera interview statement conflicted with the white house press release statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your willingness to believe a known liar who has lied about this meeting repeatedly is baffling.
    Could be because I do not think of Trump like you do. But no matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You know, ignoring the fact that Trump went on national TV to say that wasn't why he fired him. The Russia investigation was why he fired him. Trumps own words.
    Then he bragged about it to Russia. Laughing.

Could be because I do not think of Trump like you do. But no matter.
    You're apparently willing to accept lie after lie after lie without question. I'm not sure that's just thinking about something differently...

10+ Year Old Account
    What about my post is fictitious?

I wasn't aware Trump had personally made a statement himself on the Comey thing. I thought the big deal was that his on camera interview statement conflicted with the white house press release statement.
    There was nothing fictitious about your post. Just consider who you are dealing with on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

You're apparently willing to accept lie after lie after lie without question. I'm not sure that's just thinking about something differently...
    I do not have this attention desire to check up on Trump jr. and all this lies. What else has he lied about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will believe him until i see proof he lied.
    Trump Jr has given four different accounts of the same meeting. He did not claim he forgot or misremembered. He did not apologize.

Here is a recap of when and how Trump Jr. has altered his explanation of events.

Saturday, after the Times first reported that Trump Jr. met with Veselnitskaya: “It was a short introductory meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to stop by. We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up.”

Sunday, after the Times reported that Trump Jr. was promised damaging info about Clinton: “After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

Monday, after the Times reported that Trump Jr. was told that the info he would receive was part of a Russian government effort to influence the U.S. election: Trump Jr. pivoted to a claim that the meeting with Veselnitskaya was merely normal opposition research.

Tuesday, after the Times obtained emails between Trump Jr. and Ron Goldstone, an associate who brokered the meeting: “To put this in context, this occurred before the current Russian fever was in vogue.”

The progression of Trump Jr.'s position can be summarized like this:

I never represented the campaign in a meeting with a Russian.
    Actually, I did, but the meeting was about adoption.
    Well, the pretext of the meeting was incriminating information about Clinton, but we didn't actually get any.
    This kind of meeting is totally normal.
    The meeting didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time because the media wasn't focused on Russia yet.

Trump Jr.'s inconsistencies make it harder for his father to dismiss the unfolding Russia story as a media creation.
    I particularly like explaination #4. Trump Jr is correct that this was before everyone was saying Trump colluded with Russia. That's because, it had just started.

"Your Honor, just remember, when I shot that guy, it wasn't that big of a deal, because I hadn't killed anyone yet."

It is impossible to tell multiple accurate but different versions of the same story. He lied at least once. The investigation is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,"
    “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off,”

From Trump's May 10th meeting with the Russians at the white house.
    Well comey is kind of a wuss lol. Being crazy or a nut job, I dunno but he is a wuss.

Still not seeing how you translate that into I fired comey to make the Russia investigation go away. Maybe its just me, but I took those comments as "yeah a lot of shit was being talked about me. I faced a lot of pressure because this guy took every opportunity to foster and aide the perception I was being investigated and it made doing my job harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    "And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."
    What makes that especially funny is that he then formed the committee to find out how much he really won the general election by.

And 45 states plus DC told him a differing value of "fuck off".

Then they gave up. Because stamina.