Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cinderstorm too bad or too complicated to use?

Yeah, title says it all. I want to like this skill but the handling and the right positioning is pretty tiresome.

Is it worth practicing with it and using the skill as a part of your core rotation or should I just forget it an use Kindling or Meteor?

Didn't like it from the first time, same reasons. Even if you manage to do the right plays with it, seems like Meteor or even Kindling are better options to go with.

Maybe high skilled but not so rewarding?

it aggros thru walls in m+
    annoying spell

exactly what one of the guys said, high skill but no reward.. which is dissapointing really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sifting View Post
    annoying spell
    Switched back to it for m+ like 3 weeks ago - didn't aggroed anything through walls.

I like this talent, i get better results in m+ than with meteor and i really enjoy the playstyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by sifting View Post
    annoying spell
    Its mage barrage. that's how i feel about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was targeted I'd like it alot more
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It's a countinuation of a trend "We're out of ideas regarding Mages, let's make something mindnumbingly stupidly straight". It's not complicated, it's just awkward and not very exciting and after some time very boring

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    If it was targeted I'd like it alot more
    Yeah I tried for like half an hour to "learn" the right positioning that all of the 6 Cinders hit my target - I didn't succeed. Why does this skill need to be like this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I tried for like half an hour to "learn" the right positioning that all of the 6 Cinders hit my target - I didn't succeed. Why does this skill need to be like this?
    At first, my reaction was "how does it take more than 30 min to learn this?" - my second thought was that the information is allready out there, so if you cant do it yourself - listen to others.

Little reward like another poster said for putting a rigid range constraint on yourself, and its small enough that you'll find it not hitting that many mobs in a pack which is what really holds it back in practice. Maybe it could have like a "chain" effect where it just needs to hit one mob and that mob would explode to all mobs within 6 yards or something. Maybe a longer cooldown too so it could be tuned higher. Really not a fan of the spell anyway so I'm kind of ok with it staying irrelevant.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-07-13 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    At first, my reaction was "how does it take more than 30 min to learn this?" - my second thought was that the information is allready out there, so if you cant do it yourself - listen to others.
    I'm pretty sure without enough practice you can't do this in dungeons or raids. I'm not talking about fights where you can plan your position in advance and stand there for like one minute. In every fight you constantly need to move you need to readjust your position and that's for sure nothing you'll learn by just watching the guides online.

Used on talixae and aggroed patrol passing by, never used since then
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Terrible ability. If stars are aligned it might bring some microscopic advantage. By far not worth the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

It's bad in dungeons because it can drift and pull stuff through walls. As for ToS there just aren't any good fights for it, in NH Skorp and Tich had enough consistent adds to make it worthwhile but Tos it's more spread out aoe so other talents are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Terrible ability. If stars are aligned it might bring some microscopic advantage. By far not worth the hassle.
    lol thanks for the laugh. That's exactly my feeling with this ability although I find it pretty interesting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a terrible design for a level 100 talent
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

lol thanks for the laugh. That's exactly my feeling with this ability although I find it pretty interesting.
    It's interesting, just badly implemented. My advice would be to go with Meteor, because it's awesome and reliable and good damage, especially if you line it up with cooldowns.

I'm almost certain that Cinderstorm will get reworked for the next expansion (I hope in Legion, but doubt it.)

Unfortunately Fire is a poorly performing spec currently, just whenever I watch some Avatar video on youtube I switch to Fire for some dungeons and stuff ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I'm pretty sure without enough practice you can't do this in dungeons or raids. I'm not talking about fights where you can plan your position in advance and stand there for like one minute. In every fight you constantly need to move you need to readjust your position and that's for sure nothing you'll learn by just watching the guides online.
    26 yards was your sweet spot to have them all hit a single target if aimed correctly. It is good with NH 2 piece and for large enough bosses you cant really miss. Sadly another issue with it is if you do not use on CD or very close meteor pulls ahead. I have used it for Harjatan and it did well, besides that fight it is too problematic. Which is too bad I like it more then the other options for keep fires play a little more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Switched back to it for m+ like 3 weeks ago - didn't aggroed anything through walls.

I like this talent, i get better results in m+ than with meteor and i really enjoy the playstyle
    Maw is one that it certainly travels through walls. You can easily pull everything to the first watcher with one cast after you exit the cages.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Maw is one that it certainly travels through walls. You can easily pull everything to the first watcher with one cast after you exit the cages.
    First two kvaldirs who toss barrels? Never happened to me honestly, been in Maw just 4 hours ago and 2 or 3 times on the last week - unless there is literally nothing that stops collision (like in... wardens...place? can't recall its english name, i'm talking about trash packs on stairs after DH miniboss) ninjapulls never happened.

But most of the time i just shimmer and throw cinders somewhere safe, just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.