Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    My friend died the other day. Thanks to me he was promptly revived, but I still ask myself if I should've just got up and walked away. I hate to sound like such a cynical edgelord, but if he's depressed enough to be shooting dope isn't death what he's aiming for anyway?

To be honest if his roommate wasn't there I probably would have just let him die. He's an asshole for putting me in that situation anyway.

I think this is a fair moral issue to debate. What would you have done?
    id have stole his drugs and then called the ambulance

- - - Updated - - -

nomatter what said drug is you can either use it or sell it for a profit so. stealing is the way my mans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I've they've got "DNR" tattooed across their forehead, no real point in dialing 911. EMTs wouldn't legally be allowed to do anything anyway.

Otherwise, obviously yes. Who wouldn't?

Deleted
    My friend died the other day. Thanks to me he was promptly revived, but I still ask myself if I should've just got up and walked away. I hate to sound like such a cynical edgelord, but if he's depressed enough to be shooting dope isn't death what he's aiming for anyway?

To be honest if his roommate wasn't there I probably would have just let him die. He's an asshole for putting me in that situation anyway.

I have. And I would again. Letting people die for their mistakes is a slippery slope and just the fact that you need to debate stuff like this shows you've lived a way too easy life without any real problems. Gives you a lot of free time to fantasize about letting others die but one day it might be you others debate letting die or helping to live. And I know, you won't care what I just said now but maybe later on down the line you will.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfo_my_internets View Post
    Just gonna go ahead and say i think you're being pretty ignorant here. You have no idea what this guy has or hasn't done to try and help his friend in the past.
    Thank you. This person is a very good friend of mine and I have offered to take him to NA meetings in the past. Hardly anyone gives a shit about this kid yet I stick by him hoping he will clean up his act. I have told him before I don't enjoy his company when he's nodding off and asked him not to do that shit around me. I honestly believe he would have appreciated it more if I let him stay dead, despite his thanks for saving his life.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

You never know what future events might change his behaviors. Just because someone is suicidal at the time doesn't mean that they will be forever so they might as well die. Look at RDJ, dude is Iron Man now.

I mean, of course I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, call? Can't you just text an ambulance?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Accidental legal drug use? Yes of course
    Accidental Illegal drug use? Depends on how they are as a person.
    Purposeful legal or illegal? No
    Must be interesting to live in a world where it's that black and white.

10+ Year Old Account

Given what you've said, I do not believe this person is your friend. Or, rather, you are not a friend to this person.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

He's an asshole for doing drugs around you? So in turn you would have let him die if there were not witnesses.

Yeah, he's the asshole.

Wow, fewer edge-lord responses than I figured, though there are a couple.

Not bad for a forum that seems filled with Dwight Schrute-impersonators.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    He's an asshole for doing drugs around you? So in turn you would have let him die if there were not witnesses.

Yeah, he's the asshole.
    For not properly administering the drugs to ensure he doesn't leave his friend watching him choke on his own vomit? Yeah, asshole. Any junkie who values their life knows how to test a batch so it doesn't kill them.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Deleted
    Well yeah.

Though if that person were to be affiliated with me, they'd better figure out if they are going to need proctologist or an orthopaedic surgeon to get my foot removed from their arse once they get better.

10+ Year Old Account

Of course, I would. If I recall, for my country at least, it is your duty to do so. Or you could be accountable for the events happening if the person passes away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Your friend almost dies and you make it all about you.
    No wonder he is taking heroin if his 'friends' are people like the op.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Your friend almost dies and you make it all about you.
    Assuming it's real, what did you expect ?

Most threads asking dumb questions are just an excuse for the OP to brag or mention themselves.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Natural selection. Down with the retard.

if i knew them yes, if i didn't no

although i don't have a phone so the point is moot

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the way I was raised sometimes you have to save people even from themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Of course i would call an ambulance. Even if i hated him and wanted him to die. Because of two simple things: i would be almost murder and I'm not a murderer, and in my country it's simply the law. To not help him is a punishable crime.