Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

New Expansion Reveal at SDCC!?

The San Diego Comic Con is starting and Blizzard seem to be extra invested in it this time.

Could a new expansion be revealed next week?
    We've almost defeated the Legion and its time to move on from the Hellfire Peninsula green shit and barren wasteland type areas. Many people are sick of it by now.

Legion itself wasn't reaved at Blizzcon so there definitely is a chance. They could even introduce it being a comic-con and primarily a written medium, they could even reflect on that and announce it via a letter from the forces left behind on Azeroth which came to the faction leader's attention, on that of an ancient evil is rising from the oceans while they were on Argus or something like that. That would be a fun change from all the old announcements.

No, I don't think so. They never did that and the event is overall too small for an expansion announcement. It's even debatle if they'll announce it on Gamescom when they have their own, massive Blizzcon just three months later.

I wish they announce a new novel or the next part of Chronicles.

The second Warcraft movie maybe
    Be Free! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    "They never did that" really isn't the best excuse. afaik no xpac was revealed outside of Blizzcon until last round with Legion at Gamescom, but clearly never having done that didn't stop Blizzard.

Comic-con is by NO MEANS a small event though. Hell, it probably gets wider coverage than Gamescom or Blizzcon. Blizzard is also no stranger to Comiccon, having promoted Warcraft there across a multitude of mediums. Now with all that said, I won't hold my breath. I anticipate the reveal to be at this years Gamescom instead.

If they intend Argus to be the last content patch, they could announce soon. Although I would rather bet on using GamesCom again, if anything. But I'm not convinced they wouldn't wait until BlizzCon to do it "proper".

Its not even clear if Argus is the very last content. They could follow with a small-ish raid after to bridge the gap to the next expansion, perhaps even something fitting the upcoming story.

don't expect a full announcement but I would be surprised if they at least don't drop a name or a major hint for hype.

What do you mean by the fact they're "extra invested"? I haven't seen a peep out of them about it, aside from this:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=267610/b...miering-at-sdc

At any rate, I wouldn't expect anything from SDCC. They usually do Blizzard Gear announcements there, not content announcements. Not to mention, they're flying a ton of Blizzard guys out to GamesCom including Terran Gregory, the lead animation dude. If there's gonna be a WoW announcement, it'll either be there or at BlizzCon, not SDCC.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2017-07-13 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    They can teas something. Like guldan / Illidan cinematic.

But i gues this will be on Gamescon

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    What do you mean by the fact they're "extra invested"? I haven't seen a peep out of them about it.

At any rate, I wouldn't expect anything from SDCC. They usually do Blizzard Gear announcements there, not content announcements. Not to mention, they're flying a ton of Blizzard guys out to GamesCom including Terran Gregory, the lead animation dude. If there's gonna be a WoW announcement, it'll either be there or at BlizzCon, not SDCC.
    I know I'm on MMO-champ but there also exists WoWhead go to the site and you'll see it in the news

I don't think they have anything left for SDCC or Gamescom.

They recently announced a HS expansion and Doomfist for OW, released Stukov in HotS and the Necromancer in Diablo 3, launched Starcraft Remastered and the 7.3 PTR.

WoW expansion won't be announced at least until Blizzcon.

A Warcraft sequel is unlikely (although they do have a brand new animation studio that could announce an animated film or a TV show).

At most, they could say something about Chronicles Vol. 3 and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I know I'm on MMO-champ but there also exists WoWhead go to the site and you'll see it in the news
    I see a bunch of Blizzard Gear announcements, which happen literally every year at SDCC.

Nothing that would indicate Blizzard is "extra invested".

They won't announce an expansion. The news post suggest they are heavily if not solely focused on Overwatch and Hearthstone since they have big content patches on the way. It'll either be Gamescom where they show the trailer made using the game engine or Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will have a surprise when they won't announce the next exp on Blizzcon either. Theres still a few months of ToS left + argus + 1.5 year mandatory content break between exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    People will have a surprise when they won't announce the next exp on Blizzcon either. Theres still a few months of ToS left + argus + 1.5 year mandatory content break between exp.
    They have said they want to reduce that drought this time. However they have been saying that since Wrath so I'll believe it when I see it.

1.5 year mandatory content break? What are you on about? The post-final-tier drought is 10-14 months, it's never been longer.

The next expansion will be announced this year, either in late August or early November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    The San Diego Comic Con is starting and Blizzard seem to be extra invested in it this time.

Could a new expansion be revealed next week?
    We've almost defeated the Legion and its time to move on from the Hellfire Peninsula green shit and barren wasteland type areas. Many people are sick of it by now.

Legion itself wasn't reaved at Blizzcon so there definitely is a chance. They could even introduce it being a comic-con and primarily a written medium, they could even reflect on that and announce it via a letter from the forces left behind on Azeroth which came to the faction leader's attention, on that of an ancient evil is rising from the oceans while they were on Argus or something like that. That would be a fun change from all the old announcements.
    I have my doubts, to be honest. SDCC isn't that big, and it would make sense to wait till Augest, if anything, or for BlizzCon. After all, Blizzard have started to invest more in general, to appear for people.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no 1½ year mandatory content break.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

San Diego Comic Con is the largest entertainment convention in the entire world, there is literally nothing like it, wtf do you people mean it's not large enough?

If it's unlikely it has nothing at all to do with the size and magnitude of the event, it's only because it's not a gaming related convention, the largest tent pole films are announced at SDCC of course a frickin WOW Expansion wouldn't require an even more important and bigger event of this type, and one doesn't even exist.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-13 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They have said they want to reduce that drought this time. However they have been saying that since Wrath so I'll believe it when I see it.
    We've already seen it with the patch cycle in Legion. There won't even be 6 month of the final raid of Legion, be that Antorus or a Ruby Sanctum-like raid, and the next xpac this time around I bet.

---

With all the chatter from Duncan Jones recently about his plans for a Warcraft II, I could definitely see an announcement for a sequel that is not helmed by him.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2017-07-13 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    We've already seen it with the patch cycle in Legion. There won't even be 6 month of the final raid of Legion, be that Antorus or a Ruby Sanctum-like raid, and the next xpac this time around I bet.
    And when I see the final patch isn't a year and half long then I'll believe it. Been told the same thing far too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    False there will for sure definitely be over 6 months before a new expansion after Antorus raid is released, at the very least. It has already been confirmed that there will be 3 pvp seasons starting with 7.3.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-13 at 10:00 AM.