Deleted

Question Should I roll enhancement shammy

This is a bit of copy paste from my dk post cause both enhancement shaman and frost dk were the specs that attracted me the most.
    Hello there fellas.
    I'm here to ask a few questions , traditionally I play tank/healers but recently I got bored of that and I reckon my guild could use another DPS as well and I rolled a spriest , after reading around I found out they are not that great overall (don't get me wrong I love spriest soooo much I love everything about them , but after high seeing some high caliber players saying it sucks etc. I got the idea that I shouldn't even bother trying to gear it more than it is already.)
    So I was wondering if enhancement shaman would be a good spec for someone who pretty much never dpsed in his life (aka not that hard to play) and if it is worth rolling one for raids and high m+
    Thanks in advance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who is saying that shadow priest is not great? They are doing just fine right now.

In terms of Enhance, its one of my favourite specs in the game right now and is quite easy to play, but they are pretty average. It really depends on whether or not you want to be top dps, if thats the case, Enhance will not top against classes like rogue, warrior, warlock, spriest, balance druid.

They do bring some utility like wind rush totem so they are still valued.

In m+, again, they are average. They lack defensive cds so high keys might be punishing for you at times.

Quote Originally Posted by relastus View Post
    This is a bit of copy paste from my dk post cause both enhancement shaman and frost dk were the specs that attracted me the most.
    Hello there fellas.
    I'm here to ask a few questions , traditionally I play tank/healers but recently I got bored of that and I reckon my guild could use another DPS as well and I rolled a spriest , after reading around I found out they are not that great overall (don't get me wrong I love spriest soooo much I love everything about them , but after high seeing some high caliber players saying it sucks etc. I got the idea that I shouldn't even bother trying to gear it more than it is already.)
    So I was wondering if enhancement shaman would be a good spec for someone who pretty much never dpsed in his life (aka not that hard to play) and if it is worth rolling one for raids and high m+
    Thanks in advance.
    Why do people make threads about this. You can try classes out now. And nobody can tell you what you are going to like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Why do people make threads about this. You can try classes out now. And nobody can tell you what you are going to like.
    if you know how to read is not a matter of enjoying is a matter of stats and dificulty to play

Quote Originally Posted by relastus View Post
    if you know how to read is not a matter of enjoying is a matter of stats and dificulty to play
    All of this info is available. And difficulty is subjective.

As a 5/9 mythic enhancement shaman with mistress to 2%, I would not suggest the class if you want to push cutting edge content or super high m+. Damage is respectable both in single target and aoe with tier 20 bonuses. Other melee simply bring more benefit to high end groups whether through superior damage, mechanics, or utility. If you are going to play for fun and don't care about being super top end then go for it because it's a blast and they are just fine right now.

I've seen shadow priests who like the spec do very well. If you already enjoy it, you can make a decent mythic raiding toon out of it. That said, enhance is just plain fun to play. Not quite as much single target burst (I play earthen spike), but it hits its high point and pretty much coasts there. It takes a few weakauras to keep track of everything if you really want to push it, but since you're looking at high end raiders, I'm assuming you're already in the deep end of raiding and well familiar with the addons.

First, SPriests are totally viable in virtually every PvE-environment (no clue about PvP, though). They may not be the first choice for world 1st guilds but then again neither are enhance or frost DK. So if you enjoy your Priest, keep on playing it and ignore the forum negativists - you'll be fine.

For enhance: I personally love the spec. I started playing it in WotLK and during all the time and with all the changes the spec went through, it remained my favorite. The current version is rather easy to learn and execute and has some variance to it in terms of talent choices for specific encounters/legendaries etc wich keeps it interesting. It is a pretty "active" spec ie it's rather spammy and GCD locked as opposed to some rogue specs or feral druid. So if you like that kind of gameplay, you might just give enhance a shot.
    For raiding, as long as you're not going to push top world rankings, you'll be viable if you play well (as with basically every other class/spec). Higher M# might be difficult. Enhance has some utiliy for kiting/stunning and also bloodlust but its a rather squishy spec with only a weak DR cooldown. Most pugs will likely rather take an Ele than an Enh for suvivability reasons.