Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    This thread is about migration. In the US once the person is born here they are automatically a citizen so there is no migration policy that can be applied. I think our policy is also logically consistent, for example the newborn of an illegal is not illegal, they never chose to violate the border.
    So what, if you are going to punish innocent people, because they are less likely to succeed, then you may as well be consistent about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So what, if you are going to punish innocent people, because they are less likely to succeed, then you may as well be consistent about it.
    I wouldn't punish anyone except those who bypass the immigration pathway and violate the border.

For people that are so intelligent and so prone to discovering conspiracies, you really don't find odd that of all the boats in the world, the latest Aryan studs of the alt-right were able only to find an oceanographic vessel four decades old (oceanographic vessels are not especially known for an important factor to intercept other ships, speed. At 8.5 knots, the mighty warship is less than 25% slower than the Merrimack to give an ordre de grandeur) registered in Djibouti ?

And, by a curious coincidence, of all the ships of the world, they are ''chartering'' one that have been purchased a few weeks before the ''Kickstarter a bunch of racists ramming migrant boats'' (good luck at 8.5 knots...) by an British ''company'' located in one dude flat in Cardiff (the only ship ever purchased by this company) who just happened to have the boat registered in Mongolia ?

(FTR, the Mongolian flag of convenience is for when you find the Panama or Liberian one too pesky with questions. To give in example, a solid tenth of their 2016 fleet was made of North Korean freighters...)

I wouldn't punish anyone except those who bypass the immigration pathway and violate the border.
    But you specifically spoke of targeting those who are less likely to be successful, that's another double standard, and even more government intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    That's a huge bunch of utter bullshit and you should know it. Sure, there are those brainless far-right fuckwads, but the VAST majority of immigration-critics (of the recent kind) usually have not a single issue with skin color. If you're American, you're most likely projecting a domestic issue onto Europeans. Don't do that. Ever.
    That's not a question of skin color, or religion : the point is that when people talk about desirable migrants, they talk about migrants that are either non existing or are very rare birds. In Québec, for instance, the way we ''grade'' migrants make it plainly obvious that actually, we would want French, Belgium or Swiss francophones nurses (but not doctors) who have completed their studies. (nurses is an example). But the people with those precious skills are not fighting each other to come in Québec.

7+ Year Old Account
    But you specifically spoke of targeting those who are less likely to be successful, that's another double standard, and even more government intervention.
    There are 6 billion non-Westerners, they cant all migrate to the West. Screening them is not punishment.

There are 6 billion non-Westerners, they cant all migrate to the West. Screening them is not punishment.
    I never said they could, the free market would determine who would migrate and survive.

Screening them is an example of burdensome and intrusive government, that is all. At the end of the day, conservatives also love their big government, just like the liberals.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never said they could, the free market would determine who would migrate and survive.
    I could support that in policy, let in people that score into a very high percentile for desirable metrics.

Screening them is an example of burdensome and intrusive government, that is all. At the end of the day, conservatives also love their big government, just like the liberals.
    Government size is not a measure of conservatism.

I could support that in policy, let in people that score into a very high percentile for desirable metrics.

Which metrics, again ?

Somehow, the usual suspects want to ban bad religions (and Mexicans, who are usually devout conservative catholics...). They want to ban both skilled workers and unskilled workers. They accuse migrants of both stealing jobs and being leeches.

Somehow, I think they would only accept daikamuras.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Which metrics, again ?
    Equity, education level, STEM credentials would be good.

No shit. Not everyone wants to either way, fucking living in a western country.

Equity, education level, STEM credentials would be good.
    That must be why the alt-right hate almost as most STEM Indians with H1 visas than Jewish-Americans in STEM background, or Asian-Americans in STEM background, or WASP Americans that are in STEM background but are more liberal than Gengis Khan.

Of course, STEM is a very variable term, that includes somehow people with a videogame design degree from DEVRY. Fortunately for everyone, you can somehow access to that inner circle of ''valuable true Americans '' by purchasing a gun or a MAGA hat.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-07-17 at 01:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

No shit. Not everyone wants to either way, fucking living in a western country.
    Yeah, not every person. This thread is about a lot of people wanting to, the question is at what rate does it become unhealthy for the host countries?

That must be why the alt-right hate almost as most STEM Indians with H1 visas than Jewish-Americans in STEM background, or Asian-Americans in STEM background, or WASP Americans that are in STEM background but are more liberal than Gengis Khan.
    By your estimate how many right of center people are alt-right?

Of course, STEM is a very variable term, that includes somehow people with a videogame design degree from DEVRY. Fortunately for everyone, you can somehow access to that inner circle of ''valuable true Americans '' by purchasing a gun or a MAGA hat.
    Initially I would say making a game is only art. If they are trying to push some kind of technical or quantitative limit in the art process then they are also STEM.

Yeah, not every person. This thread is about a lot of people wanting to, the question is at what rate does it become unhealthy for the host countries?

By your estimate how many right of center people are alt-right?

Initially I would say making a game is only art. If they are trying to push some kind of technical or quantitative limit in the art process then they are also STEM.
    No dude, making a videogame, while a perfectly legit endeavour, is no more ''useful'' to society than being a comedian. (with the caveat that the skills can be useful in other fields)., Besides, DEVRY does not teach to make videogame despite what is written on their diplomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The EU should just occupy the entire North African coast (like in Roman times) to prevent people from even risking their lives trying to cross the sea.
    That worked out so well the first couple of times around.....

That's not how the free market would determine it. There would be no policy required. If people come here and succeed, great. If they come and fail, then they fail.

I agree, conservatives do not support limited government, no matter how often most of them claim as such.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not how the free market would determine it. There would be no policy required. If people come here and succeed, great. If they come and fail, then they fail.

I agree, conservatives do not support limited government, no matter how often most of them claim as such.
    No nation and policy would be anarchy. The current system is working relatively good.

No dude, making a videogame, while a perfectly legit endeavour, is no more ''useful'' to society than being a comedian. (with the caveat that the skills can be useful in other fields)., Besides, DEVRY does not teach to make videogame despite what is written on their diplomas.
    I agree with you. My point is that sometimes new art can help push scientific innovation. Early GPUs were overwhelmingly developed for game graphics but eventually advanced to the point where they do much of the heavy lifting in scientific computing. VR is a current example of art involved in pushing technical limits.

A lot of countries actually do that already, if you invest enough money in the country they'll just give you citizenship, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the receiving country to take in people that have money.

MY idea on that note-- a Ninja warrior course in Trumps border wall where the goal is a small gap in the wall.

No nation and policy would be anarchy. The current system is working relatively good.

I agree with you. My point is that sometimes new art can help push scientific innovation. Early GPUs were overwhelmingly developed for game graphics but eventually advanced to the point where they do much of the heavy lifting in scientific computing. VR is a current example of art involved in pushing technical limits.
    Sure, the current system is working fine, if you support burdensome, intrusive government.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    [citation needed]

I'm sure you call them something else.
    Well sometimes i call them NGO's.