Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What are the rich people you know like?

I have heard stories of rich parents sending their daughters to summer camps that promote motherhood. Are the rich people you know liberal or conservative? If they are conservative do you think should let loose and enjoy more alcohol, partying, and entertainment?

Assholes, mostly. Pompous, braindead assholes who look upon not so rich people like those are trash.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

One rich person I worked for during school was addicted to the work. Would literally work work and work more, no vacations or anything. Bare minimum lifestyle possible, being cheap and cutting corners on everything. The sort that would rather jump off a bridge than spend 2 dollars on a coffeecup from a kiosk once in the lifetime. I won't even pretend to understand what's the point in all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Rich people usually stick to their kind, don't they?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    90% of them are genuinely great people. 10% are pretentious assholes.

I don't know if I know anyone who is rich.. I know plenty that have enough income for a comfortable life but I wouldn't consider them rich as they aren't millionaires or anything.

Deleted
    Great people who get what's important and what's not.

Deleted
    My best friend is married to a girl with rich parents.

- They tend to hang out with other rich people. (same interests)
    - They are very good at networking
    - They work very hard. 70-80h a week.
    - Family comes first. Always.
    - They are very friendly and thougtful. Although i do question the geniuity at times.

Edit:
    HEY THATS NOT POSSIBLE! THEY WORK AND PUT FAMILY FIRST? HUEHUEHUE

Let me explain: They work 12h a day for 6 days a week from 7 tot 7. Spend the rest of their evenings and weekend time over at their parents(in law), brothers/sisters(in law). Basicly think of whatever it is you do when you have spare time. And replace that with family.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-07-12 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't personally know any billionaires though my step-grandfather's best friend was one and my grandmother said he was a cheap bastard. My uncle is a multi-millionaire with some odd patent and he's the typical entitled manwhiner. I worked in a very affluent area(millionaires and the like) of my town for 10 years in tech service and the vast majority of those folks were just like my uncle. Overly entitled, demanding, and impatient. There was the oddball who was down to earth and treated our staff like decent human beings but that was the minority. It could be that because they were boomers and rich that they were like that and that younger or older folks with money have a more similar spread to the regular population. I can't really judge the super rich because I haven't had many dealings with them.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Pretty cool. I don't know how rich you have to be to qualify for this thread but our ex-neighbours and good family friends' father was the head of the largest logistics- and distribution center of the Finnish postal service. I imagine he made a good buck. Online I know one dude that is at least from a rich family, he bought me like 150€ worth of cosmetic shit in Warframe so he's cool in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Rich people usually stick to their kind, don't they?
    Just like poor people.

And OT, what a strange question. Rich people, especially self made, rarely are "loose". That's why they are rich in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much of what has been said typical assholes with a different value set which in many ways make them rich to begin with or keep them there, however because of their issues, they tend to spread and cause more misery because they can, and simply do.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know any 'rich' people or are friends with any, not in my community. No one with money would live anywhere around these parts. :P

I know some well off people, but I wouldn't class them as rich.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    My parents have gotten quite the fortune over the years, my father and grand father spend most of their time working on improvements for the company my father was pretty much groomed from his early adult years to take over the business as my older brother is set to take over when my father retires.

And now my parents spend their free time networking with others people of intrest or visiting their second home when my father gets any free time wich is rare and my mother tends to be very social and keeps their social life running.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2017-07-10 at 12:44 PM.

Rich people tend to hang out with rich people because they don't want to be asked for money.

In college I remember this one rich kid saying "hey let's fly down to Puerto Vallarta for the weekend" not realizing that doing that was too expensive for most of us.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to know 2 rich kids that live just down the road in more expensive houses (750k-1mil) and whilst they seemed ok at first, once I got to properly know them you could tell they were spoiled twats who took what they had for granted. The younger one used to think he was untouchable and acted like an idiot, whilst the older one would regularly talk about expensive things like they were nothing or come out on an electric scooter which at the time was brand new, very expensive, and barely any one had, just to show off really.

Define 'rich', for one thing.

In my personal experience the asshole:decent person ratio is relatively steady between different classes. The biggest negative I've seen is simply ignorance about life outside their bubble, but again that's something that is the same across social strata.

The rich people I know tend to vary the biggest difference is the people who are rich and appreciate money and those who are entitled. The older generation seems to be more down to earth and recognize the value of money so they don't care to show they are rich. Their children on the other hand tend to fall very far from the tree they tend to be entitled, wasteful and complete waste of air basically vampires living on the glory of past generations.

Deleted
    There's a rich family I got to know a while ago. "Out of touch with reality" is what comes to mind. They seem to be genuinely nice people though, just a bit...off, as if they've been shielded from reality far too long to be aware of how normal people live and act. They certainly exaggerate the severity of their problems, even though they have it better than most people. Now, while they are nice, the same can't be said about some of their friends, who strike me as the most pretentious, pompous, fake, obnoxious assholes you'd ever been able to find on this planet. They've got other friends who seem really cool, though, but I can't shake the feeling that some of those people wouldn't be around if that family's bank account was thinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    One rich person I worked for during school was addicted to the work. Would literally work work and work more, no vacations or anything. Bare minimum lifestyle possible, being cheap and cutting corners on everything. The sort that would rather jump off a bridge than spend 2 dollars on a coffeecup from a kiosk once in the lifetime. I won't even pretend to understand what's the point in all that.
    Probably a simple case of overcompensation, trying to prove to everyone and himself that his richness doesn't make him any less worthy an individual.