Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    He does tend to do whatever the person who he thinks is the smartest in the room tells him last.
    Last person not the smartest person

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or how health insurance even works. Like, at all.
    or how 95% of the world works...lets be honest. 12 bucks for insurance baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just partial repeal was rejected.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...obamacare.html

There's the list of senators. Only 3 Republicans actually voted no for both (Collins, Heller, Murkowski). Lamar Alexander, Shelly Capito, Rob Portman, and John McCain all rejected the partial repeal with delayed replacement, who had previously voted yes on repeal and replace.

Interesting to see the switching. I dont se ehow you apela to both sides, especially with 3 senators solidly voting no on both proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Just partial repeal was rejected.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...obamacare.html

There's the list of senators. Only 3 Republicans actually voted no for both (Collins, Heller, Murkowski). Lamar Alexander, Shelly Capito, Rob Portman, and John McCain all rejected the partial repeal with delayed replacement, who had previously voted yes on repeal and replace.

Interesting to see the switching. I dont se ehow you apela to both sides, especially with 3 senators solidly voting no on both proposals.
    None of those 3 senators can afford to vote yes for it either so it's going to be extremely hard to move their vote in favor of a formal repeal. The second they vote yes, their seats are gone. Collins and Murkowski hold their seats due to HAVING to try to be more bipartisan to pander to their states, especially on issues like healthcare due to the amount of elderly in Maine and extreme dependence on the ACA in Alaska. Heller is the most at risk senator in the country right now in a deep purple state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    None of those 3 senators can afford to vote yes for it either so it's going to be extremely hard to move their vote in favor of a formal repeal. The second they vote yes, their seats are gone. Collins and Murkowski hold their seats due to HAVING to try to be more bipartisan to pander to their states, especially on issues like healthcare due to the amount of elderly in Maine and extreme dependence on the ACA in Alaska. Heller is the most at risk senator in the country right now in a deep purple state.
    Which means all this political energy and capital will be for naught. I just don't see how they get those 3 solid no's on board that also keeps Rand Paul and mike Lee, in addition to not pissing off the Freedom Caucus in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which means all this political energy and capital will be for naught. I just don't see how they get those 3 solid no's on board that also keeps Rand Paul and mike Lee, in addition to not pissing off the Freedom Caucus in the House.
    They basically can't. Which is why this whole thing is a farce. It's despicable that people like McCain support trying for this garbage and people like McConnell keep pushing it to begin with but they're in a hole to where they have members who literally can't support it. Their party has basically no capital in some states right now, especially because of Trump. Everything they do is under a magnifying glass which puts senators like Murkowski, Heller, and Collins at risk and there's no "benefit of the doubt."

Towing the party line means they're gone. It's a similar issue that Manchin runs into for West Virginia where he has to break from the party on some issues to keep his seat. The GOP has 3 Manchins right now in this political climate.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    If nothing passes the twitter tantrum will be really fun.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Unless McConnell has a real trick up his sleeve, it's basically a done deal that it's going nowhere. There's almost nothing they can do to pass it in the Senate that would ensure it gets support in the House. The Senate is far more moderate on what they're aiming for than the House GOP. So if they make revisions to get the votes of Heller, Murkowski, and Collins (as them voting yes on it now is political suicide,) it will just die again in the House for not being harmful enough.

edit: Even Flake supporting it could completely kill his seat if any even semi competent challenger rises up.

But yeah, Trump has already been on an unhinged rant all day. The late night Tweets are going to be hilarious.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-07-26 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I've posted on another thread that his recent tweets and other statements -- PRAY TO GOD, jobs, dismissing transgender military personnel and taxes for the middle class -- is less a tantrum and more sweaty scared fear.

Trump targeting Murkowski now.

It's fun watching a man child be told no that's never been told no.

And we get to see it live, in 120 character mini rants.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's fun watching a man child be told no that's never been told no.
    That's one of the few redeeming features of this whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's one of the few redeeming features of this whole thing.
    It does make sense though. We saw so much of the "Obama the Tyrant" stuff, that I can imagine that's actually the position he thought he was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It does make sense though. We saw so much of the "Obama the Tyrant" stuff, that I can imagine that's actually the position he thought he was getting.
    Damn Emperor Obama and his mom-jeans, I knew this was all ultimately his fault somehow!

If only he'd worn big, strong jeans like Putin did, conservatives would like him.

Trump targeting Murkowski now.
    He has a fundamental misunderstanding of how senators work. She represents the people of Alaska, not Republicans and certainly not Trump himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: http://thehill.com/media/343501-msnb...existed-for-17

I guess Trump's presidency feels like it has been 10 years to him too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn Emperor Obama and his mom-jeans, I knew this was all ultimately his fault somehow!

If only he'd worn big, strong jeans like Putin did, conservatives would like him.
    THeirs nothing really odd about their admiration for putin. He's a strong man who runs an authoritarian petrol state. That's conservative utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    THeirs nothing really odd about their admiration for putin. He's a strong man who runs an authoritarian petrol state. That's conservative utopia.
    you forgot to add:
    -that imprison/kill LGBT people
    -that imprison/kill any dissent
    -that treats poor people like 3rd class citizens
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Unless McConnell has a real trick up his sleeve, it's basically a done deal that it's going nowhere. There's almost nothing they can do to pass it in the Senate that would ensure it gets support in the House. The Senate is far more moderate on what they're aiming for than the House GOP. So if they make revisions to get the votes of Heller, Murkowski, and Collins (as them voting yes on it now is political suicide,) it will just die again in the House for not being harmful enough.

edit: Even Flake supporting it could completely kill his seat if any even semi competent challenger rises up.

But yeah, Trump has already been on an unhinged rant all day. The late night Tweets are going to be hilarious.
    I don't think you're being realistic enough. The skinny repeal will probably pass with 50 votes. There isn't currently a 3rd vote to stop it.

Once in conference, it is likely the GOP will do whatever it takes to get a political win, and that is probably going to be passing skinny repeal as is, without further amendments. If there are further amendments, then that would risk sinking their chance at repeal. I have no doubt that the Tea Party nutters in the House want more, but they are not opposed to the provisions in the skinny repeal and will take it if that's all that is feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I don't think you're being realistic enough. The skinny repeal will probably pass with 50 votes. There isn't currently a 3rd vote to stop it.

Once in conference, it is likely the GOP will do whatever it takes to get a political win, and that is probably going to be passing skinny repeal as is, without further amendments. If there are further amendments, then that would risk sinking their chance at repeal. I have no doubt that the Tea Party nutters in the House want more, but they are not opposed to the provisions in the skinny repeal and will take it if that's all that is feasible.
    But how can it pass with 50 votes? There's no way they can claim budget reconciliation with it so it'd require 60 votes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But how can it pass with 50 votes? There's no way they can claim budget reconciliation with it so it'd require 60 votes to pass.
    Dems scored a version of skinny repeal. It kicks 16M off insurance but does reduce the deficit (fewer coverage means less subsidies). https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52977