Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    why not forest trolls instead of nightborne? that would be better.
    And how does one preclude the possibility of the other? Perhaps these are just the first four.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Auchenai exist in the current universe, they are the ones that went crazy after Auchindoun was detonated by Murmur dropping the bass. Any main universe Draenei Hunter trainers/NPCs were retconned into Rangari.
    The MU Auchenai are all dead now though. Unless Blizzard wants to pull out MU Tuulani to revive the order or something the only way to get Auchenai back is from the AU.

I’d rather see Highborne/nightborne as subraces. Void elves look like blood elf shadow priests so it wouldn’t be too exciting. I wouldn’t mind void elves either but I’d prefer the other options.

As a Priest, I pray for Void Elves to be a thing. The game really needs a Void-themed race for a change.

void elves are too edgy to have on the alliance and there are enough elves in the game already

Void Paladins baby.

Now we have an excuse to make Forsaken Void Paladins, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    As a Priest, I pray for Void Elves to be a thing. The game really needs a Void-themed race for a change.
    Ethereals then

Why would we need more elves? We have:

Night Elves
    High Elves
    Blood Elves
    Felblood Elves
    Darkfallen Elves
    Nightborne Elves
    Nightfallen Elves
    Spider Elves
    Undead Elves
    Wretched
    Withered

Why do we need this "race" where all they do is cast Shadowform?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Ethereals then

Why would we need more elves? We have:

Night Elves
    High Elves
    Blood Elves
    Felblood Elves
    Darkfallen Elves
    Nightborne Elves
    Nightfallen Elves
    Spider Elves
    Undead Elves
    Wretched
    Withered

You forgot Naga and Satyr ;P

I, for one, welcome our new Goth Elf overlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You forgot Naga and Satyr ;P
    I forgave them because we could argue they are already a completely different race

And supposedly, any race can become a Satyr, unless that was retconned
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2017-10-24 at 02:00 PM. Reason: because satyrs
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I forgave them because we could argue they are already a completely different race

The Nightborne, High/Blood, and Night Elves are all different races with different cultures - and the Faldorei, the mutated spider-elves, would be as different a race as the Satyr or Naga. The Felblood, Darkfallen, Nightfallen, Wretched, and Withered are derivations, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeah Satyr can be any race, still the vast majority of them were elves.

And Naga may look different but pretty much are the direct continuation of the night elf empire in its purest form.

7+ Year Old Account
    And Naga may look different but pretty much are the direct continuation of the night elf empire in its purest form.
    They are still horribly disfigured trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Nightborne, High/Blood, and Night Elves are all different races with different cultures - and the Faldorei, the mutated spider-elves, would be as different a race as the Satyr or Naga. The Felblood, Darkfallen, Nightfallen, Wretched, and Withered are derivations, though.
    But they are just derivations or have the "elf" in their name.

At least nagas look completely different

They are still horribly disfigured trolls
    Yeah in a way yes, the trolls and their descendants, did create the mightiest empires Azeroth has ever seen. Too bad they tend to fight with themselves so often.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah in a way yes, the trolls and their descendants, did create the mightiest empires Azeroth has ever seen. Too bad they tend to fight with themselves so often.
    Actually, everyone else fights the trolls but the trolls (Except the Darkspear)

Even during their golden age, the Gurubashi and the Amani barely had skirmishes

Actually, everyone else fights the trolls but the trolls (Except the Darkspear)

Even during their golden age, the Gurubashi and the Amani barely had skirmishes
    The tribes were constantly at each others throat, capturing members of the others sacrificing them, etc.

Though you are correct all out war was not that common
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-10-24 at 05:02 PM.

They want subraces to share the same racial abilities as their main race. Nightborne go with Blood Elves, because it makes sense for them to have the same racials.

Void Elves exist to give High Elves an excuse to use Shadowmeld.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Void Elves exist to give High Elves an excuse to use Shadowmeld.
    Shadowmeld is not the same as Shadowform.

It's as if they create Iron trolls because they use plate armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But they are just derivations or have the "elf" in their name.

At least nagas look completely different
    That's not really a good divider when determining where one race ends and the other begins. If High Elves and Night Elves are the same "Elves" you could make the same argument for Elves and Trolls, Humans and Vrykul, or even Titans and Keepers - the Warcraft universe tends to use culture as the primary defining attribute that separates the races of its universe. The High/Blood and Night Elves have an entirely different culture that is light years apart, coupled with their relatively minor physiological differences (skin color, height, build, and physiognomy). The Elves and the Naga are essentially an altogether different species, with radically different cultures to boot. The Nightfallen and Nightborne don't have a different culture at all, really; the Nightfallen simply being outcasts and exiles who still mostly cleave to Shal'dorei values with a healthy heaping of humility tacked on due to their plight. Darkfallen are just undead High Elves - though their culture is somewhat different due to the Scourge connection it's very obviously from the trappings around Lana'thel in Icecrown Citadel that she still holds to High/Blood Elven aesthetics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Shadowmeld is not the same as Shadowform.

It's as if they create Iron trolls because they use plate armor
    Don't be dumb. I'm saying Shadowmeld is going to be their racial ability. How Void Elves end up looking is irrelevant to that one point.

If they're implemented, they'll have Shadowmeld.