Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm overhyped for subraces in general. I am prepared to meltdown.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    So today is finally the day. After ten long years we might get what we always deserved.
    Gnome Lore?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    So today is finally the day. After ten long years we might get what we always deserved.
    There is a good chance this is either a complete misinterpretation (I hope and pray) OR, more likely, you will get 'what you always deserved' but just not in the way you wanted. I think if you want to play a proper thalassian elf you'll still have only one choice even after Blizzcon and that is to go Horde. For some, the pointy eared shadow may be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm overhyped for subraces in general. I am prepared to meltdown.
    I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Sigh. If Void Elves happened, it would be a subrace for Blood Elves. Alliance people, if you are so set on playing a White skin color Elf, you have to play Horde - sorry.
    and that has always been the biggest appeal isn't it. Playing that white skinned elf - i feel a bit sorry for night elf kind, they will never measure up, even the nightborne who are the fanciest of the night elves will not dent the appeal of the blood elf and will be second fiddle to them, on the alliance though or neutral ,, they would have had far more impact on the night elves and their story. But with void/high elves over ont eh alliance - aside from druid class, all those nelves are going to ditch their toons to role high elf, this move categorically destroys the night elf.

very few will pick the night elf over the white elf. whether it's nightborne elf or normal night elf - high/void and blood elf will be the more popular choice. The night elves' saving grace was that it was the only elf on its faction. It needed a bigger story, and more power and attraction behind it to measure up to the naturally more desirable high/blood elf. It got that initially in wc3, then got ditched pretty much, got revived in legion with the re-introdcution of the Suramar night elves as nightborne elves and all the other factions, and now they annex that and send it over to the blood elves.

Night elves would only thrive as the only elf group in their faction. If we had 3 factions, it would need to be Night elf with nightborne and all their night sub-races on one faction, high elves with the humans and blood elves with the horde.

Currently, the alliance night elves, in fact, the state of night elves generally SUCKS, the glamour of their arcane empire has returned, now their people are split between two factions, the non-suramar ones, are also pretty shit, look at Tyrande's showing in 7.1, in 7.0 Val'sharah, look at when they've showed up in the lore in-game MoP only, look at the cataclysm showings - all quite unattractive - even the highborne that were supposed to be basically what we saw in Suramar, were quite the disappointment - so much so that a few people don't even recognize the Nightborne culture as a night elven one - that's how stark the difference between the two are - despite the lore both telling you and showing you in all of 7.0 that the nightborne are the night elf empire arcane elves who've continued advancing, I have to actually point out the freaking obvious connection with some people displaying myopia.

But still it is not enough, every poll i participatedin, or observed, every discussion, nightborne were trivial, night elves were trivial to the blood/high elf discussion that just dominated all the elven threads. if someone mentioned or linked to blood elves, it became a huge discussion on blood elves, and if you added high elf to the mix it was like a nuclear reaction as far as discussion went - night/nightborne elves completely left in the dust.

Make no mistake, I warned about this in the other thread. This is ruinous for the night elves. Because blizzard will continue their trend of writing all alliance major roles based on humans, and they've ignored the night elves for 14 years, its easy to do so because no one is that interested even though the reason they're not that interested is because the group has been written very boringly, very 1-dimensional (druids) and their glamourous side has been given to the horde. Blizzard will focus on humans and void high elves because people will be instantly more attracted to that - forget about the building up of night/nightborne connections, or the restoration of the highborne or meaningful stuff coming that way, it would be secondary fiddle to humans and high elves and this is where most players will flock.

Meanwhile, there is no chance you will ever see nightborne on the horde more popular or even close to the popularity of blood elves. No one will choose a night elf over a blood elf - whether its the fancier nightborne kind or the goofy night elf kind - just the occassional weirdo or minority either doing so just to be counter popular or identifying with darker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    There is a good chance this is either a complete misinterpretation (I hope and pray) OR, more likely, you will get 'what you always deserved' but just not in the way you wanted. I think if you want to play a proper thalassian elf you'll still have only one choice even after Blizzcon and that is to go Horde. For some, the pointy eared shadow may be enough.
    Therefore "might".

Stop trying people to play horde. We are alliance, we don't like horde. I played horde once (had to more than wanted to, you know tryhard pveer), of course an elf, and made me sick to have to party with those races. When I return to the game and finally got back to the Alliance I was happy, and I was sure that never again I will play horde.

Horde players are so fanatical they just can't deal some people can't stand the horde. Like Jehovah's Witnesses they want to turn you at any cost.

The night elves' saving grace was that it was the only elf on its faction.
    They were never that popular to begin with.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-11-03 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Therefore "might".

Stop trying people to play horde. We are alliance, we don't like horde. I played horde once (had to more than wanted to, you know tryhard pveer), of course an elf, and made me sick to have to party with those races. When I return to the game and finally got back to the Alliance I was happy, and I was sure that never again I will play horde.

Horde players are so fanatical they just can't deal some people can't stand the horde. Like Jehovah's Witnesses they want to turn you at any cost.
    So sue me. I think Horde races and Horde models should be unique to the Horde. Still, I think you'll get some sort of Thalassian Elf tonight even though I think it's a wrong decision.

Opening Ceremony about to start. In just over an hour, we will know.

And Horde should never had their hands over a race that was always Alliance, but that's the same story as ever which me and I'm sure you are bored with.

Deleted
    Michele Morrow has her hair dyed purple... void elves confirmed!

10+ Year Old Account
    And Horde should never had their hands over a race that was always Alliance, but that's the same story as ever which me and I'm sure you are bored with.
    Broken record. They changed sides. It happened fifteen years ago in real time, never mind game time. And yes, it's boring to go over it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by MolinMondo View Post
    Michele Morrow has her hair dyed purple... void elves confirmed!
    I can see where they're going with this. If blood elves are curing their monkey with holy light in the sunwell, Alleria might cure HER PEOPLE with void magic. But meh, it's not like it's a big plot twits or something. Just give me the damn model, I don't care if it has a permashadowform in combat which I greatly doubt.

And of course, my main hype which overshadows any sort of elf we might have: super saiyan space goats.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They look like San'layn
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They look like San'layn
    What I saw is NOT a High Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They look like San'layn
    They have vampires now ? Well shit, gotta stack up on garlic.

Is it the model or not? Doesn't matter if they aren't white. At least not to me. I'm rerolling all my night elf alts to Void Elf no doubt.

And Zandalari and Dark Iron that's nice to see too.

Horde can't complain, they've got Nightborne.

They look like San'layn
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth you can see them here

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the model or not? Doesn't matter if they aren't white. At least not to me. I'm rerolling all my night elf alts to Void Elf no doubt.
    It's a Blood elf model but they look half dead.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Well I am satisfied, no pale white Legolas, zombie vampire void legolas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am satisfied, no pale white Legolas, zombie vampire void legolas.
    I have to admit I am ok with this too. As long as they don't have Blood Elves I am good.

I guess...gratz you guys who wanted Allied Blood Elf models. You were right, after all these years you finally got it.

Just as long as you are ok with zombies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    What I saw is NOT a High Elf.
    Dunno bout you, but what i saw was better than a high elf.