Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Did we learn NOTHING from Pandaria?

I know it's hard to take the panda's seriously, but wasn't the whole point of that expansion to teach us that waging war is stupid and unnecessary, and has horrendous repercussions besides? The Sha were physical manifestations of that, and in fighting the war over Pandaria, I thought we were all supposed to learn that we had really been fighting ourselves the whole time, and that our conflicts only ever served the purposes of darker forces who sought our end.

Trust me, I get the tit-for-tat that's been going on. But neither faction seems to have a very good reason for continuing the conflict post Legion. So what gives?

Blizz already hinted at a secret Titan containment facility housing some new Blood God (twisted evolution of an Old God), and we know that the Naga are coming at some point. Whether or not the Blood God is/was N'Zoth, or if he is yet to be seen, it's clear to me that there's something far far darker than we've ever experienced, who only benefits from a conflict between the Alliance and Horde.

Are the mad god's whispers driving us to slay each other in his name? Are there going to be consequences for the faction conflict or is this just the new direction of WoW's development?

I've got no strings
    So I have fun
    I'm not tied up to anyone
    They've got strings
    But you can see
    There are no strings on me

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Who the hell would take pandas seriously ? Especially since the reason for WoDtheir high horse morality.

Also, they kill children.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-11-06 at 07:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the expansion was announced I get this feeling of driving felo'melorn through Turalyon's skull.

Also Alleria. But that's since I met her
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    We learned that the pandaren, more than any other, have suffered under Garrosh.

Since MoP into Legion the factions have been working together more closely. And the fact the devs at the QA panel called Sylvanas' actions at the Shore a betrayal are ignoring what actually happened, but of course she hasn't ever tried to tell literally anyone the real story for some reason.

So, no, old plot is thrown out.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have done the Legendary quest in Pandaria, you will learn that war is important to harden and strengthen the people of Azeroth , and prepare them for the coming threats.

Last edited by Death Warrior; 2017-11-06 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added video.

Deleted
    From warcraft 3 onwards every game and expansion has been both sides combining forces and taking down a bad guy. There's been so many bad guys that we can safely assume there will be more. Fighting between the alliance and horde makes very little sense to me, at least as an all out faction war.

I want to see Taran Zhu come back and roast the shit out of Anduin and Jaina.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I want to see Taran Zhu come back and roast the shit out of Anduin and Jaina.
    whAT DID YOU DO??!!! YOU DIDN'T F***ING LISTEN TO ANYTHING WE TOLD YOU!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Who the hell would take pandas seriously ? Especially since the reason for WoDtheir high horse morality.

Also, they kill children.
    True. But to be fair, they made the same mistake we did. Which was to try and apply our morality to their way of living.

Thankfully no. This game isn't about philosophical enlightenment, it's about war. Blizzard learned lots from Pandaria, namely to speak of it as little as possible ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    whAT DID YOU DO??!!! YOU DIDN'T F***ING LISTEN TO ANYTHING WE TOLD YOU!!!

- - - Updated - - -

True. But to be fair, they made the same mistake we did. Which was to try and apply our morality to their way of living.
    Something that would've been really interesting for BfA would be to see some of the Horde and Alliance war spill into Pandaria, but instead of the way it was in MoP, the Horde and Alliance reaffirm their alliances with the hozen and jinyu with the Horde recruiting the mantid and the Alliance taking the mogu and using them against each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Thankfully no. This game isn't about philosophical enlightenment, it's about war. Blizzard learned lots from Pandaria, namely to speak of it as little as possible ever again.
    Most people now regard Pandaria as a pretty decent expansion, better than Cata or WoD at least. I consider it to be on par with WoTLK.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    sure, that's why pandaria lore is now canon for the origin of the world, sure, let's not mention it in the chronicles for a whole chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Something that would've been really interesting for BfA would be to see some of the Horde and Alliance war spill into Pandaria, but instead of the way it was in MoP, the Horde and Alliance reaffirm their alliances with the hozen and jinyu with the Horde recruiting the mantid and the Alliance taking the mogu and using them against each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people now regard Pandaria as a pretty decent expansion, better than Cata or WoD at least. I consider it to be on par with WoTLK.
    I don't think a reliable statistic exists for "most people" so I assume you're speaking from your own anecdotal experience. I think most people thought it was abysmal and that it will forever taint the warcraft legacy, the only blessing being that pandas have been nearly completely absent from every expansion since.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    sure, that's why pandaria lore is now canon for the origin of the world, sure, let's not mention it in the chronicles for a whole chapter
    Was talking about ingame stuff, which is what the majority is actually consuming. Very little pandas seen or heard from in WoW after MoP ended, thankfully. In all likelihood intentionally since they generate major backlash and are to this day the least played race, despite existing in both factions.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-11-06 at 07:42 PM.

The real world hasn't learned that in thousands of years, you think a very racially diverse world constantly under attack by different threat would learn any faster?

Deleted
    Good. Because lessons taught in MoP were imbecilic at best.

As one wise old orc said: 'a bad peace is even worse than war'. It was Tac'Itus if I remember correctly

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a reliable statistic exists for "most people" so I assume you're speaking from your own anecdotal experience. I think most people thought it was abysmal and that it will forever taint the warcraft legacy, the only blessing being that pandas have been nearly completely absent from every expansion since.

Was talking about ingame stuff, which is what the majority is actually consuming. Very little pandas seen or heard from in WoW after MoP ended, thankfully. In all likelihood intentionally since they generate major backlash and are to this day the least played race, despite existing in both factions.
    that has more to do with ugly models than pandaria being a bad expansion, and there are surveys on this very site that suggest you opinion about pandaria is in the minority

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The real world hasn't learned that in thousands of years, you think a very racially diverse world constantly under attack by different threat would learn any faster?
    this

/10char

We learned that fighting is what makes us stronger. Why we fight is a question we answered also. Both are put to use in this war. So yes, we learned from Pandaria, Pandaria never said to not fight back if you need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because alliance are ugly and need to die. The horse doesn't need the alliance to protect azeroth
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    that has more to do with ugly models than pandaria being a bad expansion, and there are surveys on this very site that suggest you opinion about pandaria is in the minority
    Come now, this site is hardly representative of the WoW community at large, it's a drop in the ocean. And it's more than "ugly models", it's a thematic mismatch like no other, with a general narrative design philosophy woefully divergent from warcraft. The result of a failed experiment and it's evident Blizzard has been staying far away from anything like it since.

War makes no sense, not in game, nor in real life. But it still happens. We will never learn. We will always be at war