Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Teen Accuses Asian American Police Officer of Sexual Abuse on FB, Fails Miserably

I just got done reading this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...man-and-a-girl
    When I found this on facebook;

Burlington Police in Vermont were forced to release the footage from a police officer’s body camera after a teenage girl claimed on social media that she was abused by officers last month.

The incident, which involved an altercation between 18-year-old Logan Huysman and Police Sgt. My Nguyen with Officer Adam Lippa, took place in the parking lot of the Cumberland Farms on Pine Street, reports WCAX News.

At about 2:30 a.m. on June 22, the officers found Huysman and two of her friends unconscious inside a parked vehicle with a running engine.

The car allegedly smelled of alcohol and marijuana and contained paraphernalia, including what was identified as a bong.

While being questioned, Huysman did cartwheels, stood on a trash can and snatched the bong from the officer’s custody.

According to Burlington Police Chief Brandon del Pozo, the confrontation took place for more than an hour as the officers tried to take the belligerent teen into custody.

In a shameless Facebook post, Huysman wrote that the officers touched her inappropriately during her arrest.

“I would consider that sexual assault especially coming from ‘authority,'” Huysman wrote.

She also allegedly wrote to the Burlington Free Press via a Facebook message that one of the officers had touched her breasts while they shoved her into the police car, and described the situation as traumatizing.

Del Pozo already addressed the accusation last month in a statement released to the press and posted on Facebook.

“Huysman fought the police,” he wrote. “She is portrayed on camera video mule-kicking Sergeant Nguyen about the body, head and groin. He and Officer Lippa asked her to please stop. At no point do officers strike her, use weapons, or use force beyond controlling her assault with their empty ends.”

The chief said he decided to release a portion of the nine body camera videos of the incident to further dispel the girl’s allegations of abuse.

In the video, Huysman can clearly be seen being argumentative with the officers when they confront her.
    It was then when Sgt. Nguyen told her she was under arrest on a charge of disorderly conduct. The officer can be heard telling Huysman multiple times to stop resisting.

“I refuse. I refuse,” Huysman said. “You are not going to tell me I’m under arrest.”

The woman later pleaded not guilty to three misdemeanor charges, which included assault on a police officer.

Huysman’s father has reportedly stated that what transpired was merely a “stupid mistake”.

The chief says they are currently working with the family to help keep the teenager from doing similar types of behavior in the future.

Huysman, who is a student of South Burlington High School in Burlington, Vermont, has been arrested before for possession of Ambien and Adderal.

She also had a record for retail theft, trespassing, jumping over the desk at a Motel 6 to threaten the staff after being kicked out, and becoming hostile at St. Michael’s campus security.
    https://nextshark.com/logan-huysman-...ves-otherwise/

Heres the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsl36OLCx0c The altercation starts at around 7:10.
    I can't help but notice that this officer didn't punch, body slam, beat, mace, or shoot this non-compliant suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    The police officer should be able to sue her for defamation, IMO.

Deleted
    Or just be a good professional and ignore it, i'm sure nasty things are said about police officers all the time. It doesn't mean anything if she doesn't press charges/reports it as a crime, and if it really becomes a problem they can get her on harassment or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Or just be a good professional and ignore it, i'm sure nasty things are said about police officers all the time. It doesn't mean anything if she doesn't press charges, and if it really becomes a problem they can get her on harassment or something.
    Just be a professional and ignore false allegations of sexual assault? What kind of nonsense is this?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just be a professional and ignore false allegations of sexual assault? What kind of nonsense is this?
    The way of the future. Being accused of sexual assault is apparently nothing now.

Deleted
    they would have to set up an entirely new department if they wanted to deal with every false allegation against police officers. it's just people venting/raging about a police contact, happens all the time.

though to be fair, it's a serious accusation so the correct response would be to arrest the police officer until he can be brought before a judge, where he can then be deemed not guilty. the police chief really doesn't have that authority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The way of the future. Being accused of sexual assault is apparently nothing now.
    i'm sure they get death threats and the like every day too.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-15 at 02:18 AM.

Perfect example of a body camera used to defend an officer. Glad police are using them.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Perfect example of a body camera used to defend an officer. Glad police are using them.
    perfect would involve a judge and not a public shaming.

perfect would involve a judge and not a public shaming.
    She made it public when she took it to Facebook.

Deleted
    She made it public when she took it to Facebook.
    and a private citizen would be fine with releasing that video. a police chief has to follow the rules. but following the rules in this case would get his buddy in a lot of trouble.

7+ Year Old Account
    The police officer should be able to sue her for defamation, IMO.
    First thing I thought of after reading the article and watching the video.

and a private citizen would be fine with releasing that video. a police chief has to follow the rules. but following the rules in this case would get his buddy in a lot of trouble.
    What rules?

any cunt making false rape accusations against someone should have to spend at least 2yrs in jail to teach them a lesson. Falsely accusing someone of something as serious as that WILL ruin their lives and the lives of their loved ones even if they're found innocent, its pretty much a black mark on them for life

all police should wear body cams to protect not only citizens but also themselves
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Or just be a good professional and ignore it, i'm sure nasty things are said about police officers all the time. It doesn't mean anything if she doesn't press charges/reports it as a crime, and if it really becomes a problem they can get her on harassment or something.
    No. No one needs to "just take" that kind of abuse, regardless of profession. Putting on a badge doesn't make one a punching bag. That being said, defamation a very high burden of proof to meet in court. Those suits are very rarely successful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    any cunt making false rape accusations against someone should have to spend at least 2yrs in jail to teach them a lesson.
    Rape can be hard to prove in court. Imposing a penalty on failing to meet that burden will only encourage victims to not report more than already happens. Filing fraudulent charges is already a crime, there is no need to single thins crime out in particular.

Deleted
    What rules?
    basic shit like not taking justice into your own hands. treating every accusation equally. basic conduct rules for the police. stuff like that.

for some reason this police chief thought that this accusation was different then the many others no doubt made against the officer during his career.

taking the girls accusation seriously would ruin the officers life, even though he is innocent, cuz that how that shit works in the US.
    taking the officers position seriously and sueing the girl would keep most of this away from public eyes and might harm the officers reputation. (which honestly i think is why this isnt being ingored: the officers wife prolly saw it and made it a problem, or something along those lines).

one could argue that releasing the footage is the way to make this all go away without lawsuits and the like, which is a fair argument, but that could also have been done in private and not publicly.

What a bitch, she should be in prison for some time for that.

they would have to set up an entirely new department if they wanted to deal with every false allegation against police officers. it's just people venting/raging about a police contact, happens all the time.

though to be fair, it's a serious accusation so the correct response would be to arrest the police officer until he can be brought before a judge, where he can then be deemed not guilty. the police chief really doesn't have that authority.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sure they get death threats and the like every day too.
    So every Police officer that gets "accused" goes to jail until a judge hears the case? Welcome to the ignored list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    No. No one needs to "just take" that kind of abuse, regardless of profession. Putting on a badge doesn't make one a punching bag. That being said, defamation a very high burden of proof to meet in court. Those suits are very rarely successful.
    honestly getting verbal abuse thrown your way is part of the job description. and the charges you see are never more then disorderly conduct, disrespecting police officer or assault/abuse of police officer. you never see charges like conspiracy to commit murder even tho i'm sure "im going to kill you/fck you up" is yelled frequently during arrests. this is no different.

oh wow, I watched the clip earlier in the week but didn't realize the cop was Asian. He was so incredibly restrained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    So every Police officer that gets "accused" goes to jail until a judge hears the case? Welcome to the ignored list.
    there are two options: either ignore all non credible threats, or properly process all non credible threats. no pick and choose crap when its convenient like is done here.