Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    and it'll get solved here, how? Threads like this turn into clones of every single thread of similar content before it. It's like people are so desperately eager to say the same things about the same subject over and over.

Seeing how I never post this shit, for the reasons you pretty much nailed, My guess is despite how I feel this site is a bit a conduit to socializing so I guess maybe to spread awareness to a community as exaustion until minds are engaged?

Just a guess, although I am just commenting.

Also, the person wasn't defending the cop, they were merely making a statement that the cop was punished, so what else is there to discuss. You should really try reading what someone says before instantly going on the attack, I know it's harder to build up a huge post count that way, but it also makes you seem like a normally functioning person

Well I didn't attack I gave an opinion, but as I said I don't post this stuff either. Just participating because obviously it's part of being social here

So yes, turn up the volume in the echo chamber again, it's been 7 minutes since everyone had the same exact arguments.

Ok this made me laugh but an echo chamber correct me if I am wrong is a group of individuals that basically sit around agreeing with each other right?

I don't think the points you brought which I agree with, are because of an Echo Chamber, it's because it's ultimately an exercise in insanity, because nobody is budging on their already predetermine ideas about incidents like this. And so it seems kind of pointless

In my opinion Noble and it would be great to beak through those barriers for the right reasons, but I'll admit I am not smart enough to do that, not sure about some others that need to send them selves that memo.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Of course it is, haven't you been in Gen-OT? Where all Cops are Evil! even though the amount of Bad Cops is in the >1% of the numbers.
    One question, did you intend > greater than or < less than? As all it takes is a typo to alter context.

Though let's pretend it's exactly 1%. That would be around 7650 (from a estimated 765,000) police in America, that's not exactly a number I'd be comfortable with. I'm not a fan of anyone remaining in a position of authority that they are unable to uphold the standards expected of them.
    Uproot cops unworthy of the badge, someone does a bad job in any other profession they get the boot.. simple.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    One question, did you intend > greater than or < less than? As all it takes is a typo to alter context.

Though let's pretend it's exactly 1%. That would be around 7650 (from a estimated 765,000) police in America, that's not exactly a number I'd be comfortable with. I'm not a fan of anyone remaining in a position of authority that they are unable to uphold the standards expected of them.
    Uproot cops unworthy of the badge, someone does a bad job in any other profession they get the boot.. simple.
    Yeah I Meant <1% didn't really check over what I wrote. Also, I'm not saying bad cops shouldn't get fired. I just get sick of the stupid bullshit where people act as if all Cops are bad, when it is a small amount.

Ironically the people I tend to see making those kind of comments are the ones that would flip out if you said all X of this type of Person are bad for any other kind of scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He was a captain too.

Neighbors will make you nuts, seems like he would've had some kind of training to deescalate things.

Nobody was hurt at least.
    The US have no country wide, generic laws or training, when it comes to cops.

Most barely do a background check, if you pass it and the physical, you're hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah I Meant <1% didn't really check over what I wrote. Also, I'm not saying bad cops shouldn't get fired. I just get sick of the stupid bullshit where people act as if all Cops are bad, when it is a small amount.

Ironically the people I tend to see making those kind of comments are the ones that would flip out if you said all X of this type of Person are bad for any other kind of scenario.
    A little fact checking reveals that out of every 1000 people killed only 1 people officer is convicted. .1%

In the United States, investigation of cases of police brutality has often been left to internal police commissions and/or district attorneys (DAs). Internal police commissions have often been criticized for a lack of accountability and for bias favoring officers, as they frequently declare upon review that the officer(s) acted within the department's rules, or according to their training. For instance, an April 2007 study of the Chicago Police Department found that out of more than 10,000 police abuse complaints filed between 2002 and 2003, only 19 (0.19%) resulted in meaningful disciplinary action.
    That's just Chicago. Nah. The bad apples are ruining the bunch crowd are ridiculous.

I have been a victim of police brutality. And I can say without a doubt it isn't just a few bad apples, the police aren't there for you, to protect you. They are there to convict you, to criminalize you, to brutalize you.

I'm not saying there aren't good honest cops, that would be retarded, but I am saying the 1% crowd are fooling themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post

You are uncomfortable with less than 10k people that may or may not cause harm. I'm not trying to be anti-Islam but there are over 3 million Muslims in the US. 8% of these think that suicide bombings are sometimes or often justified. (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...und-the-world/). This makes about about a quarter million members in our society that support suicide bombings. This is just showing the uselessness of applying these kinds of statistical determinations info fear of things in our everyday lives

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    You are uncomfortable with less than 10k people that may or may not cause harm. I'm not trying to be anti-Islam but there are over 3 million Muslims in the US. 8% of these think that suicide bombings are sometimes or often justified. (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...und-the-world/). This makes about about a quarter million members in our society that support suicide bombings. This is just showing the uselessness of applying these kinds of statistical determinations info fear of things in our everyday lives
    The assumption of 1% is that this 1% of police officers is doing/has done something not that they may or may not do something. May or may not figure would be 100%, as all officers may or may not end up failing to adhere to the expectations of their office. More than 1% of officers have likely thought about committing deeds against their better judgement, as the majority of humans have instances where they think of doing something wrong that they don't act on so assuming a cop doesn't would seem silly.
    As for the Islam stuff, 8% out of how many asked? For while my assumption on cops was the middle ground of >1%< applied to the total amount of officers in America and I won't claim it's close to the actual figure as it was just a number plucked from the air between two views of how many there are.
    Using actual statistical evidence really should include information on the pools of those questioned, as even their location can give context to the figures. Are red state muslims more conservative than blue state muslims? Recent immigrants more likely to support this view over later generation american muslims?
    But to answer your question, yes I'm uncomfortable with them being able to justify murder. Even <1% would be uncomfortable, not saying I have a fear of them but it irks me. I use the word uncomfortable as it conveys a sense of the irking while not being overly expressive towards the likes of fear would convey. As I don't fear muslims, nor cops, but am irked by instances such as justifying murder and bad cops. Might be more expressive than I want it to be, but then I have never been good at expressing the exact measurements of my emotional range in regards to things. So apologies for that, it can be annoying to give people the wrong impression of how one views things.