Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion can literally be played at 100-110, if you use a boost you got gear ready to go, professions can be done from 1 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Legion can literally be played at 100-110, if you use a boost you got gear ready to go, professions can be done from 1 skill.
    They even did class trials so you can check all the classes before pick your boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And therein lies the problem. You ignored the choice-driven narrative and thus the RPG part of MMORPG. SWTOR clearly isn't for you.
    Implying wow's quests are not narrative driven. I shouldn't have to sit through hours of cut scenes in order for them to tell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Levelling is hard if you have no heirlooms.
    Whu?

I have never levelled a toon with heirlooms, and they're all at 110. Some boosted yes, but several not. It's not "hard" by any stretch. A bit boring, if it's a repeat thing, but it's still done faster than the storylines in a given zone progress.

I'd rather not level any more toons from 1, but that's because I've done that content to death. I actively look forward to my 110-120 (presumably) experience in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Implying wow's quests are not narrative driven. I shouldn't have to sit through hours of cut scenes in order for them to tell a story.
    Most of them aren't. And I can think of only two that have choices, both of which are for demon hunters only and only one choice has a consequence later on.

Anyway, clearly you haven't played many RPG's if you're so offended by cutscenes. Cutscenes are part of the experience in story driven games and tell a story far better than anything WoW's quests can put out.

Cutscenes and Story are a staple of Bioware games and RPG's like it. If you don't watch them then you're missing out. Big time.

The main selling point of SWTOR is that you get to BECOME a hero or villain like those in the movies. How can you do that if you're a brainless mute who doesn't do anything beyond killing?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-24 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    To high?

Its like saying WoW has to mutch content to do for new players, like that is a bad thing.....

The problem with leveling isn't that it is long, it's that in its current state, it is kinda boring. And I love leveling, trust me. Questing. I love it. But its sad when I one/two-shot 99% of mobs on my way to 100 even without heirlooms. I can't get involved in the story because the various chunks of story are lost in different timelines with mindblowing inconsistencies. As a veteran player who has leveled hundreds of characters, I know all zones and quests by heart so those cannot get my heart to race faster anymore. So for me, there is little left to make leveling interesting. And still I level characters every now and then because I like doing it, but would certainly love some... improvements. I know saying it's not challenging is kinda cliche at this point, but it's 100% true imho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Levelling is hard if you have no heirlooms.
    What? ROFL. You can push 1-100 in full green shit gear and still pull big packs and reap tons of XP.

Do you think new players ready to buy full subscription bundle before trying out the game?

Deleted
    110 levels is bit too much for anyone starting, especially as the questing structure, story and its presentation is so damn messed up. Anyone I've known that's started since MoP has quit pretty quick and gone back to other MMORPGs.

It seems Blizzard's focus varies heavily from some of the other companies. Sure they must've done something right, but if WoW hadn't come around at the right time and had the impact it had in its first few years, it would most likely be smaller than number of its competitors atm. Only thing it seems to do better than the competition is end game raiding, but that's only viable thing to focus and invest in, if you already have large enough community doing it.

I can't bring myself leveling again, I would do it if the story was interesting. I've even leveled same classes multiple times in games like SWTOR. Games where leveling experience is rather enjoyable for majority of the process. It's enjoyable due to the story, which helps you become invested in the character you play, therefore you wish to see its "journey" to the end. Just like with good RPG games.

In WoWs case leveling seems like an after thought, so is the story it seems. They have people thinking about story for an expansion, within the expansion the storyline remains somewhat coherent, but afterwards they are pretty poorly tied together and rules set in place in one game can be changed in a book that majority of the playerbase won't ever read.

I will most likely not level a single new character from level 1 again, which is a shame. I have number of classes with which I'd like to experience their class campaigns on, but the 1-100 is just a mess. 1-58 Cataclysm, 58-70 Back in time to TBC, 70-80 WoTLK, 80-85 back in Cata, 85-90 oooh pandaas, 90-100 Actual time travel. The timeline is just an utter mess.

Without an enjoyable story, the whole way to 100 is just a chore. I have no interest in it.

I don't know about newbies but I've been playing WoW since 05 and after all the times I've tried new alts, I can't STAND having to level 110 times and slog through Outland or Northrend anymore. I used to have no problem with it but you can only do something so many times. I'm also not willing to shell out 60 bucks for a level boost, so I end up burned out and unsubbing/resubbing a few times a year at this point. The last time I tried to level a Death Knight through Hellfire, I almost passed out sitting up.

Some people who aren't into MMOs might find 110 levels to be insurmountable and without heirlooms, it can be painful. People who claim to get to 110 in a day or two with heirlooms are lying.