Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Blizzard engage in a lot of mind control, fluff answers and disingenuous information, deleting servers would be them admitting they've lost a ton of players, which is why they don't report players numbers anymore.

So whether they do or don't is irrelevant, it's whether they're ready to pull the plug and admit WoW is not what it used to be.

I prefer the less populated servers, cuz now we have group finder for everything, so if i need help, i have help. Otherwise, I like being left alone to easily farm up resources, complete quests etc. CRZ hurts things like farming a rare I guess, but otherwise... I don't mind the pops. On the flip side, I think blizz could merge a few more. Nothing drastic, slim down a few per region.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    A friend of mine still plays on the European realms, and he complains all the time about there being one RP realm with a decent population, and half a dozen nearly empty RP realms linked together with this half-baked intermediate solution Blizzard touts as a solution to low player numbers. It may well be true that the number of RP players is quite low, but having one RP realm per region should be fair enough. But WoW at this point can't sustain five or six separate such realms.

Blizzard's refusal to merge realms in one go - rather than these slowly increasing connections to patch over the negative effects of low player numbers - is well known, though, so I wouldn't expect much on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yes, they should consolidate the realms, actually merge them (get rid of the Connected Realms nonsense), get as close to mega-realms as we possibly can, and attempt to reforge server communities.
    This will never happen with LFG/LFR and cross realm battlegrounds. Literally community destroyers and the worst things they have ever put into the game IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    CRZ needs to be removed. Connect ALL the realms together - the low server crybabies will eventually get over it.

We can keep sharding.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of sharding, eh?
    OP wants everyone together, as in, you can see everyone. How will sharding help with that? Please explain.

The bad thing with low pop servers is the AH is terribly unhealthy.

cross realm is convenient, but i agree there are many servers

There are too many servers indeed.

But after a somewhat recent experience in a Private server wich peaked at 10k concurrent players online i can say i changed my opinion quite a bit, it's just too much. There's a fine balance beetween empty servers and over populated ones and i reject both.

Also, merging servers has some conflicts for the playerbase envolved and needs to be handle with caution imo.