Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Den of Mortal Delights in Black Temple, they deserve an eternity of pleasure after all the shit we've put them through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this, people seems to forget that until the internet dies, wow will always be available
    Pretty sure the thread is just a funny casual thread, and nothing serious about the reality of a server shutdown.

But great job being off-topic. Nice move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in Searing Gorge perhaps. Or then at a farewell party in an auction house.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rise of the Leviathan View Post
    Probably to the first set of area's i saw when i first started playing mid BC, My character has race changed over the years many times but the first set of memories i had with the Blood Elf mage are still in place. So, yeah, Eversong woods / Silvermoon.
    I'm with you on this, my first set of memories that I have are my Blood Elf Warlock. Probably will be Murder Row in Silvermoon on my Felsteed. Dreadsteed of Xoroth questline was still one of my favorite things ever in the game.

well, i would probably be wandering all the zones for a screenshot of everyzone.

And i would logoff on Redridge Mountains,not because i like the place or anything, but there was a quest here where you have to protect a man until he gets back to the city. And that was the first time i did a quest together with my 4 bestfriends that no long plays WoW, and we were all excited because once one started the quest it popped up a msg saying "X started a quest, do you wanna start too?", we clicked yes and we did the quest. and it was hard because we all were noobies.

Man, that was the day i had the most fun ever in WoW or any MMO. i felt like a real adventure with my friends. now i'm just a lonely player doing quests solo and raiding with a bunch of newpeople who are fun, but hardly the same.

Probably for everyone else its just a random quest in a "meh" place, but i have some good memories from that day. i don't think i ever leveled with a Fullparty with all 5 of us back in the day on lower levels. we did raid and dungeon together later on tho.

Saddest thing is that i had alot of screenshots from these days that were lost due to oldHD problems. :T
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

The top of mount Neverest in Kun-lai Summit, or Grizzly hills.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Except a character is a bunch of pixels and not a living character. Get out and meet people you pathetic neckbeard.
    And a car is a hunk of steel that's only used to transport you, yet people still have feelings of sentimentality towards them. Also, your avatar and posting history would suggest you need to get out and meet people far more than I. On ya bike, tubs.
    Last edited by Farath; 2017-07-18 at 11:09 PM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

It's kind of sad, but the last time I let my sub go I didn't even bother to take my characters to a scenic location. I wouldn't buy time to do it, but what I would do is see if my Alliance guild was running an End of the World (of Warcraft) party, log on to my level 20 and join them for some antics in the last hours of the game. They're the kind of guild that would do that, and it would probably be fun to hold one last guild party.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC Nagrand or Grizzly Hills.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    And a car is a hunk of steel that's only used to transport you, yet people still have feelings of sentimentality towards them. Also, your avatar and posting history would suggest you need to get out and meet people far more than I. On ya bike, tubs.
    But a Car costs more than a Pixelated character that can be created (and copied from a server) as it is just a bunch of character options, mounts achievements and so forth that could be copied to another server Thus making the 2 as separate as lemons and apples.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Winterspring riding my arctic wolf on my original rogue.

Or Nagrand.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    But a Car costs more than a Pixelated character that can be created (and copied from a server) as it is just a bunch of character options, mounts achievements and so forth that could be copied to another server Thus making the 2 as separate as lemons and apples.
    You know, I agree on that. However, it still stands to reason that people form a bond with them, which is logical for something that has been part of someones life for so long. The fact that the two examples are so far removed from each other really doesn't matter.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    You know, I agree on that. However, it still stands to reason that people form a bond with them, which is logical for something that has been part of someones life for so long. The fact that the two examples are so far removed from each other really doesn't matter.
    Some people form bonds.

Deleted
    The Eastern plaguelands, where I first felt like paladin was the only class for me. At light's hope, seems only fitting.

Deleted
    Moonglade. Or the druid class hall in Val'sharah.

As a Druid, it's only fitting. And a nice sort of book end to the characters story.

Nowhere in particular.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    When Blizzard finally pulls the plug on WoW, and the servers will be shut down forever, where do you log off your character for the last time?!

I'm torn between Teldrassil (where I started my very first character, a NE warrior [still level 17!] back in 2005), or the Dark Portal into Outland (where I had my best times playing the game; I still love that HFP zone!).

I haven't played in over five years, but when Blizz pulls the plug, I'm resubbing for that final month just to log my character off for eternity.

Where are you going to log off your characters?
    That seems overly sentimental for a game you haven't played in 5 years.

I'd bring all my characters right back to the very place they first spawned in upon character creation, except for those that can't I guess, like DH and such.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Brawler's pub.

I would convince 3 of my friends to meet up, and beg a GM to spawn our friend that passed away.

If not that, my dwarf shaman would find a bar and get drunk off some mead.
    One of my alts will get ported to a friends garrison, then will log off in the outhouse.