Poll: Do you like Game of Thrones?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do like it and watch it, it's nowhere near as good as people say though. Breaking Bad is leagues ahead in terms of writing and quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very entertaining, wouldn't say it's amazingly written though. A great show to watch heavily intoxicated I think.

Khaleesi's gonna save the world and it's gonna be silly and amazing.

I've heard it's a very good show, but I've also heard that it's very gory. I can't stand realistic gore, otherwise I'd be watching it.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Not really. The story so far bores me and I don't like or care about any of the characters.

However, I've watched from the beginning so I figure I might as well see how it all ends.

The second best TV show ever, the best being The West Wing.

Deleted
    It started out great! I loved it!

But Daenerys being an Immortal Goddess, all Starks being Super Saiyans ruined the show. I mean just look at Daenerys, she has like 10 scenes with that music playing like wooooah soooo coool, wooooooahhhh look at meeee, I am above the Gods, woooooaaaahhhhh ...

Seriously, I find Teletubies having more character than these scenes with her.

If they would just delete her and Stark Superman powers, then it would actually be my favorite show.

I love it. It has problems, like everything does, but overall I think it's pretty great.

And find the CONSTANT moaning by the same 3-4 people on the spoiler thread EVERY SINGLE EPISODE (including a mod) both utterly fucking pathetic and also consistently hilarious. How much energy wasted in hating such minute things that they rage for pages and pages and pages every single time something they don't like happens. Find a better use for your time, Jesus Christ. It's like literally every single thing possible, regardless of how minute an issue it is, they'll make paragraph after paragraph crying about it.

I seriously don't know a single place worse than the MMO-Champion Game of Thrones spoiler thread where pompous children whine about that show as much as they do. Just poke your head in there for even a second (But be sure to know that they flatout boast about spoiling the entire season leaked online because they're cunts like that. Oh and mke sure to witness their absolute sperging about spoiler tags) and you'll see how much of crying children they are. It's really funny.

I will say as somebody who never really liked Daenerys, it's really satisfying seeing these last few episodes of Season 7. I won't spoil it, but all of her scenes I've had great satisfaction in viewing.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-08-06 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, there's very, very, very, very little magic or real-world-physics-breaking elements in the story. It's almost entirely an otherwise normal world where all the normal rules apply in 99.99% of situations and humans go about their normal human lives doing normal human things in entirely normal human situations.

I wouldn't call it firmly Low Fantasy, but it's certainly not High Fantasy at all.
    The magic that exists in the Game of Thrones world is generally pretty subtle. It's background, or history. In the cases where magic is being used, the show almost never actually shows it happen. So far the most overt "magic" that the series has shown was the Shadow Assassin, and later on the Faceless men. Magic normally happens off-screen, or in the background, without much flash.

I'd definitely agree that it's not high-fantasy, where people are throwing fireballs from their fingertips or magic swords are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i've seen the first 1 epsiode and that's it, seems like something i would like but I don't have HBO and haven't bothered "Acquiring" the series yet.
    Sign up for a free month of Amazon prime and just binge watch everything in that time. Cancel right after. No need to "Acquire" it.

------------------------

I wonder how many people who are saying they don't like GoT have read the books? The pace is a little slower, but a lot more is explained, and thus makes more sense.

I wonder how many people who are saying they don't like GoT have read the books? The pace is a little slower, but a lot more is explained, and thus makes more sense.
    I've read them all (And also love the show, btw), but man some of them are such a struggle to get through. I really, really toughed it out to finish A Dance with Dragons and parts of A Feast for Crows. So much of that novel is just boring, boring exposition and dialogue. I guess it doesn't help that I quite dislike Dany and a lot of it is about her, but still!

I donno. GRRM is a great man and writer but I feel like a lot of people put him on his pedestal when a lot of us just want him to get on with it already.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-08-06 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    I believe it is the best series around currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I liked Breaking Bad in the beginning when they were actually making the drugs. But that got less and less and it turned into some family drama. I haven't finished the series yet because I just lost interest, and Jessie was constantly pissing me off.
    It does get better and finishes off very well with a superb final season, but opinions are opinions and we can't all agree on everything

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I don't - it is just like a Spanish soap opera. Too low-fantasy too much focused on politics and side-bullshit.
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, instead I got Esmeralda with mentions of fantasy here and there.
    Overall it's just too shitty to watch, although sometimes has great scenes like the death of Joffrey.
    TLDR I dont like it because i expected something else.

Funny that you watched it all the way up to the death of joffrey without liking the show. I usually dedicate 30+ hours to a show that i dont like too.

The action scenes and acting are both great, but I find myself bored with the endless amount of small-talking between the bigger set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    TLDR I dont like it because i expected something else.

Funny that you watched it all the way up to the death of joffrey without liking the show. I usually dedicate 30+ hours to a show that i dont like too.
    Who said I watched all the way to the death of Joeffrey? there is a nice video portal, I don't know precisely - something like YoTube or YuuTube and there are usually all the meaningful clips present. The rest is just boring dialogue - I stopped watching it the moment they started talking about non-relevant shit for the most part revolving around court mannerism and petty squabbles between the houses instead of full blown fights and magic all around. I want action.

Game of Thrones is best described like you expect a bacon cheeseburger with fried onion rings and you get fitness salad instead.

Wonder how many of the people that voted No actually gave the show/book a chance.

OT: obviously, yes

Too much cruelty, blood and gore for my taste

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I don't - it is just like a Spanish soap opera. Too low-fantasy too much focused on politics and side-bullshit.
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, instead I got Esmeralda with mentions of fantasy here and there.
    Overall it's just too shitty to watch, although sometimes has great scenes like the death of Joffrey.
    Exactly why i like it. A bit of fantasy but it actually focuses more on drama and politics. Get rid of the dragons, giants, dire wolves, zombies, and i'd like it even more.

I do not. I tried and watched it for close to two seasons then gave up.. It is weird as I do like fantasy and love LOTR..

10+ Year Old Account
    After many years of discovering shows like Dexter, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad almost from day one and suffering through every cliffhanger, every season break... I made what I still consider to be a very smart decision after watching the first few eps of GoT when they aired. End of next year I'll have 8 seasons to power through, having never seen them, with no breaks. I've earned it.

I hope I'll love it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Well, DnD have deviated somewhat from the books which I feel is a shame. My favourite character Stannis Baratheon for instance has been misintepreted, and numerous videos have been made regarding this, by fans who feel like the directors didn't do the character justice.

Some plotlines such as Lady Stoneheart haven't been introduced at all, and the show has also become progressively more magical and high fantasy, though that is also the nature of the books, I however prefered the first few seasons in which the show was: A. Was more in line with the books, and B. More focused on people, politics, war and political intrigue.

But nevertheless it remains my all time absolute favourite show, and although a lot of the characters I liked the most have been killed off many still remain and I still care a great deal about the world and what happens to those who inhabit it.