Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It's not movie logic.

Would you personally try to steal something, or pull a gun when everybody else in a building has one?

Unless somebody is truly insane, the chances of them committing crime is much lower with that fear of everybody else having guns too.

The logic is not hard to follow.
    If I were in an action movie, that logic wouldn't be hard to follow.
    I'm not in an action movie, so it's just a big pile of childish nonsense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Well, I don't know, who is more afraid ?

Me, who like 99% of human beings, go to work without being afraid of being attacked by terrorists (which is really not such a feat when you live in countries that have not been ''freedomized, like Iraq) or someone who build a shack with one can of beans and dozens of guns because Niburu will destroy the earth ?
    Do you keep a fire extinguisher at all?

Same principle. Not fear, just preparation.

- - - Updated - - -

No one in the entire world have this logic.
    I am glad you speak for the entire world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer to be helped by police than by someone who is insane enough to believe that he needs an assault rifle to the Wal-Mart...
    So you are saying folks that open carry are insane? or are you saying folks that support them are? or both?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If I were in an action movie, that logic wouldn't be hard to follow.
    I'm not in an action movie, so it's just a big pile of childish nonsense.
    So...you would prefer to not have a gun and get shot? Again, gun free zones are open ranges.

What is hard to understand that if everybody had a gun, violent crimes would go down, because, again, nobody wants to risk getting shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you call ''gun free zones'' is what normal people call ''EVERY SINGLE PUBLIC PLACE''. I also love this delusion that hysterical people who would jump off a bridge if Alex Jones told them to would be able to stop ''a bad guyz'', especially as consider ''bad guyz'' people to the left of Gengis Khan, minorities, ''the gubinment'', anyone JEWSARECOMINGTOSTEALYOURGUNSANDTURNYOUGAY.COM order them to hate...
    What does this even mean?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are saying folks that open carry are insane? or are you saying folks that support them are? or both?
    Really the only people acting goofy who are suggesting crazy things like wearing full body armor or mentioning something about action movies.

They likely think open carry would be like that scene in inglorious bastards, when in reality it would be nothing like that because again, sane people (Which most criminals are) would not want to get their ass shot for doing something shady when so many people are armed.

What are on earth are you going on about?
    Everyone without a gun is just target practice I am only following your logic here shooting (pardon the pun) for maximum non target practice status

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Everyone without a gun is just target practice I am only following your logic here shooting (pardon the pun) for maximum non target practice status
    If you were a wolf, would you want to harm a sheep or pick a fight with another wolf?

Gun Free Zones are full of sheep.

I live in an open carry state, and no one makes a big deal out of it. I live near a military base, so people always just assume it's an off-duty policeman or serviceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If I was someone looking to rob a place or a person and I saw someone having a weapon holstered I would target them and take them out before they could pull it out and use it on me...
    The most they are going to do is throw the gun at you, as most if not all places that allow open carry within city limits, also require by law that the guns NOT be loaded (none in chamber or magazine)...

If you were a wolf, would you want to harm a sheep or pick a fight with another wolf?

Gun Free Zones are full of sheep.
    Exactly but why be a beta wolf, wear full body armor and lead the wolf pack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    I live in an open carry state, and no one makes a big deal out of it. I live near a military base, so people always just assume it's an off-duty policeman or serviceman.
    It really isn't a big deal. Because again, a gun doesn't hurt anybody if in responsible and law abiding hands.

People are just ignorant of firearms in general.

So...you would prefer to not have a gun and get shot? Again, gun free zones are open ranges.

What is hard to understand that if everybody had a gun, violent crimes would go down, because, again, nobody wants to risk getting shot.
    You really live in some alternative world made up in your head, don't you ?
    Reality is a tad more complex than Bruce Willis kicking ass and cowing bad men all guns blazing.

Do you keep a fire extinguisher at all?

Same principle. Not fear, just preparation.

- - - Updated - - -

]

I am glad you speak for the entire world.

Dude, a fire extinguisher, while useful in case of a airborne shark attack and/or zombie uprising, is useful for a VERY likely outcome, a kitchen fire.

If you live in a place in which ''being attacked by terrorists to the point that you need an assault rifle on you all the time'' is more likely than ''kitchen fire'', move

Reality is a tad more complex than Bruce Willis kicking ass and cowing bad men all guns blazing.
    Apparently you live in a reality where anyone that touches a gun turns into an insane murderer that will shoot people on sight for no reason.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every State, City should be open or conceal carry in the US. Every firearm that is sold should require the buyer to attend a safety course. Only Licensed people should be allowed to sell firearms and background checks should be done on every purchaser. That is my opinion and not one even the Supreme Court holds. As they have basically said each State has the right to regulate the citizens use of firearms. Do not like open carry?, then ether move to a state which does not allow it, or get ready to be annoyed if you live in one which does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reality also has common sense, which is something lacking in most folks these days.

Again, would you be more likely to pull a gun in a room full of gun-owners or a room full of defenseless people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Every State, City should be open or conceal carry in the US. Every firearm that is sold should require the buyer to attend a safety course.
    You mean the 1 - 2 hour safety course? of course that's not counting the countless incidents of these safety taking course gun owners shooting themselves by accident those are always good for laughs at least.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the 1 - 2 hour safety course? of course that's not counting the countless incidents of these safety taking course gun owners shooting themselves by accident those are always good for laughs at least.
    1 hour is plenty enough time to teach a person how to safely use a firearm. It is not rocket science. Even with car license training required, there are still going to be irresponsible people out there driving like nuts. But it is still a good thing to teach them safety.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should we stop driving classes because dumb people get into accidents?

Same principle. Gun safety courses would help a good portion of people understand firearms and safety much better. Some people cannot be helped.