Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And the doctors who took him in laughed all the way to the bank.

Well I hope they'll at least document it well. Would be shame to see this human experiment go to waste on top of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You're missing the point. We're all going to die anyway, so why even get out of bed and eat at all. This is that the British doctors, british courts, and European Court decided. The state has no right to decide over an innocent's life or death. We should never permit it, we should never tolerate it, and we should always oppose it. Nobody should have power over an individual's life, especially if the one you want to kill, is innocent of any crime.

We have a word for people who kill out of their percieved sense of "mercy", they're psychopats, serial killers. And to cheer them on is downright insane. How twisted and perverted must you be to think that killing someone is in their own best interest?
    How twisted and perverted must you be that you cannot see that there are cases where death is better than suffering?
    My grandma told me once when she was 88 "She is ready and wants to die". Half a year later she had an inflamed appendix with 88 years, and in the aftermath of this shock she developped dementia, when we got her to a nursing home where she either had to be fixated or started to scratch of her nose and earlobes and still "lived" for another 13 years.
    I strongly hope that until I reach that stage that there are finally legal ways for euthanasia and my loved ones decide to end my suffering instead of prolonging it, and if they don't want to comply, I hope the doctors can convince them. And the same applies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    And who will pay for his long term care if the treatment prolongs his life?
    medicaid or donations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    So you want to turtore a kid that can never have a life.

A kid that:

Can NOT move
    Can NOT see
    Can NOT hear
    Can NOT breath
    All while also being brain damaged.

If that is a life you wish for yourself, I honostly hope it happens to you.

But don't fucking turtore an innocent kid, that has no possibility of ever getting a life.

No one wants to kill Charlie.. We just don't want to prolong this turtore of a little kid (by keeping him artificially alive), that you are advocating because of some misguides morals / feelings.
    The problem is that this sets a precedent where a government gets to decide whether or not it's worthwhile keeping someone alive. If someone has a disease like MS and at some point it's impossible for them to recover is it OK for the state to decide that that person shouldn't be given any more treatment and be allowed to die? Same goes for coma patients or other diseases that lower quality of life significantly.

While i think that the parents are idiots I can't support the state getting a say in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    All they are going to do is inject him with nucleotides, which will be a temporary "fix". He will still deteriorate

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is wrong with this story...

1. Only the independent reports it. No other major news outlet in either the UK or the US does so.

2. What is it? There's a significant flaw.
    The headline claims US Citizenship, yet within the article a House rep said permanent residency.
    What is it now? Citizenship or Residency? That's 2 significantly different things.

3. I doubt that Congress (Both houses are needed for that), passed an amendment that outright disables existing laws.
    In order to become a citizen an array of requirements have to be fulfilled. Neither of them exist in this very case.

So, I call BS on the report.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    This is retarded. But then again, it's the US so it's not surprising.

Why would you prolong the suffering of a baby? And for what? So you can experiment on a live baby? That is absolutely sick. And the parents are completely delusional.

(Infracted) - Nation-Bashing
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-19 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh this happens every day, constantly. Medical resources are limited so they need to be apportioned. A child doesn't get to waste millions to live an extra couple of months simply because it makes for a good story.
    AFAIK there's not a lot of cases every day where the government steps in and decides whether or not patients are allowed to receive treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't get any such sub results, here in the US.
    In fact, I don't get it at all, unless I specifically search for it.
    Plus the Independent is the main source. Some other outlet picking up that very source, makes it no new source.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    AFAIK there's not a lot of cases every day where the government steps in and decides whether or not patients are allowed to receive treatment.
    I'm pretty sure it was the hospital that made the initial decision and then the parents sued and the court system decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mostly just to point out that other sites were reporting it, which is what you questioned, not the number of sources

Details also vary in those above so... /shrug
    I question at least the accuracy, if not the entire story.

There was not a single word mentioned here in the US for say at least the last 24 hours, when at the same time the cameras and reporter teams went on Congress 24/7. The only thing I do know about this case in relation to US politicians was Vice president and primary presidential ass kisser Mike Pence, blaming the situation on the UK's single payer healthcare system.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/opinio...man/index.html

Pence told conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, "The heartbreaking story of the 11-month-old Charlie Gard in England is a story of single-payer health care ... the American people ought to reflect on the fact that for all the talk on the left about single payer, that's where it takes us."
    I find that atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, this is not a curative procedure. It is simply meant to give him some more time. Trying for a hail mary that has a tiny chance of working but if it works might save him makes sense but this was never the case here.
    I know what you mean, it's like I was saying it's a nasty area but the thing is, even if it helps, that's more data for research even if it seems all in vain.
    We assume it might not,we also get many other things wrong with assumptions say like terminally ill cancer patients dying years after their deemed prognosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I question at least the accuracy, if not the entire story.

There was not a single word mentioned here in the US for say at least the last 24 hours, when at the same time the cameras and reporter teams went on Congress 24/7. The only thing I do know about this case in relation to US politicians was Vice president and primary presidential ass kisser Mike Pence, blaming the situation on the UK's single payer healthcare system.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/opinio...man/index.html

I find that atrocious.
    lol

In Pence's preferred plan the kid would be thrown in the pre-existing condition pool of insurance and his parents would have to pay ridiculous fees if they could even afford them to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    lol

In Pence's preferred plan the kid would be thrown in the pre-existing condition pool of insurance and his parents would have to pay ridiculous fees if they could even afford them to begin with.
    I know right.
    The sad part is, how there are so many uninformed, wrongly educated people buying into his crap.

The daily mail is a tabloid, the mirror is a tabloid, never heard of macleans.

And not a word from the BBC.
    Not convinced this is legit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure it was the hospital that made the initial decision and then the parents sued and the court system decided.
    Oups, my bad. Most of what i said still stands, I don't see any good coming out of doctors unilaterally making decisions and the state supporting them. Now sure, if it's a patient with no legal proxy, go ahead but in cases like this it's not a good idea from my PoV.

Parent's are fucking crazy, they lost their shit... Jesus.... poor kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Why do Europeans fly to America for healthcare. I thought we were all the dark ages over here. Under educated, no care, stupidest people on the planet next to the greatest continent of all things.

https://twitter.com/JeffFortenberry/...19349572747265

Is permanent residence status, not citizenship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Why do Europeans fly to America for healthcare. I thought we were all the dark ages over here. Under educated, no care, stupidest people on the planet next to the greatest continent of all things.
    He's already severely brain damaged, he's not coming here to get cured. He's coming here to have his suffering prolonged.

He has a pre-existing condition, so he shouldn't get healthcare according to the same people who just voted to bring him to the US...
    He on Obamacare now, that cover pre existing. He is even eligible for a new little phone!